I am so angry. Izdick is a tool.

What's with the make believe non sense that all is fine at the CB position? Even Stevie Wonder can see the problems now coming.  Izdick blew it by NOT signing a top free agent CB. Period. And what's with this bargain hunting crap? With 20+ million to spend on improving the team, why are we counting pennies? What's with this incompatent fool? Geez, has Woody been losing $$$ at the track? Now, because Izdick ignored the problem at CB, the Jets have to take some shots at whatever they can do to get a FEW new cb's into camp and HOPE that one or two can be respectable. What they have on the roster now is pure garbage. Give Asante Samuel a 1 year deal for a million with tons of incentives, Bring in Corey Webster, Quintin Jammer and any other vet to see if they can be half decent. For Gods sake try something! Izdick is quickly turning out to be the Rich Kotite of GM's! By the way, how's the rookie CB from Michigan with Bengals doing? Ask Marvin Lewis... Coach L LOVES him! Why do Jet fans have to go through this Bush league crap over and over? It's Sad. Pathetic. We deserve so much better!

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have $30M, I believe. I keep hearing it's because of Wilkerson and Kerley. Why we need to carry over $30M just to re-sign those 2 is a mystery to me. Should be able to do that for a lot less. I see no reason why we couldn't have spent at least $20M more this off-season.

I dont understand at all why people r upset.

...says the guy whose team spent more than the Jets this offseason despite having less of a budget to work with.

...says the guy whose team's secondary features Antrel Rolle, Prince Amukamara, DRC, Walter Thurmond, etc.

What's with the make believe non sense that all is fine at the CB position? Even Stevie Wonder can see the problems now coming.  Izdick blew it by NOT signing a top free agent CB. Period. And what's with this bargain hunting crap? With 20+ million to spend on improving the team, why are we counting pennies? What's with this incompatent fool? Geez, has Woody been losing $$$ at the track? Now, because Izdick ignored the problem at CB, the Jets have to take some shots at whatever they can do to get a FEW new cb's into camp and HOPE that one or two can be respectable. What they have on the roster now is pure garbage. Give Asante Samuel a 1 year deal for a million with tons of incentives, Bring in Corey Webster, Quintin Jammer and any other vet to see if they can be half decent. For Gods sake try something! Izdick is quickly turning out to be the Rich Kotite of GM's! By the way, how's the rookie CB from Michigan with Bengals doing? Ask Marvin Lewis... Coach L LOVES him! Why do Jet fans have to go through this Bush league crap over and over? It's Sad. Pathetic. We deserve so much better!

The typical....

ppreflex.gif

Stevie Wonder is blind, yo.

I wish Idzik realized that top rated corners vever get hurt like the OP does.

Can't stop laughing at this stuff.  There are actually people complaining that he drafted a guy with an injury history, but screaming about not signing Revis? Nooo..Revis has Never been hurt before, right?

Can't stop laughing at this stuff.  There are actually people complaining that he drafted a guy with an injury history, but screaming about not signing Revis? Nooo..Revis has Never been hurt before, right?

The Jets (alleged) top three CBs all have injury histories. Milliner, Patterson, and McDougle. The two draftees dropped because of their injuries, and the vet was cheap. I get that he likes that value, but that's a lot of injury history/risk at one (critical) position. Signing one quality/reliable CB this offseason wouldn't've broken the bank. I think that's a legitimate criticism. 

The only conclusion I can draw from this is that Idzik was banking on the holding penalty emphasis by the league effecting the way CB's can play man this year and therefor shifted his emphasis to other parts of the team besides CB and even WR to a degree.

The only conclusion I can draw from this is that Idzik was banking on the holding penalty emphasis by the league effecting the way CB's can play man this year and therefor shifted his emphasis to other parts of the team besides CB and even WR to a degree.

Wait a second! You mean Idzick, as a professional NFL General Manager, was thinking about this on a deeper level than reactionary fans on the internet? 

Mind - BLOWN.  :blowup:

The Jets secondary will be fine, they came to camp with 10 corners. Milliner may miss the first week, but you should be back. Losing McDougle sucks but it happens. Hopefully someone steps up, because Asante Samuel is definitely not the answer or Corey Webster or anyone that is still a free agent. Relax the world didn't come to an end because our 3rd round pick tore his ACL.

why_so_serious-t1.jpg

Milliner is out 3-4 weeks. Which means he's playing 15-16 games this year. Don't really understand the outrage.

Apparently Idzik should have signed a $10+ million/year corner to a 5 year contract to replace Milliner for 1 game.

The Jets secondary will be fine, they came to camp with 10 corners. Milliner may miss the first week, but you should be back. Losing McDougle sucks but it happens. Hopefully someone steps up, because Asante Samuel is definitely not the answer or Corey Webster or anyone that is still a free agent. Relax the world didn't come to an end because our 3rd round pick tore his ACL.

why_so_serious-t1.jpg

I think it's more than that. It's that he went down, Milliner went down, and Patterson (who probably will at some point) didn't even look as good as mediocre while healthy. So today we don't have any of the top 3 guys penciled in to play outside. One of them is gone for the season. Another is gone until we're into the season. And the third has looked pretty bad so far. Not just the Indy game, but I think Ryan's only comment regarding Patterson in practice (prior to the game) was an unflattering one.

Doesn't mean we're screwed at the position. Not yet, anyway. But it does mean that things aren't at all going according to plans.

The Jets (alleged) top three CBs all have injury histories. Milliner, Patterson, and McDougle. The two draftees dropped because of their injuries, and the vet was cheap. I get that he likes that value, but that's a lot of injury history/risk at one (critical) position. Signing one quality/reliable CB this offseason wouldn't've broken the bank. I think that's a legitimate criticism. 

But did it ruin your week? 

Doesn't mean we're screwed at the position. Not yet, anyway. But it does mean that things aren't at all going according to plans.

Does Idzik really look like a guy with a plan? You know what he is? A dog chasing cars. He wouldn't know what to do with a good corner if he bought it!  You know, he just... does things.

I think it's more than that. It's that he went down, Milliner went down, and Patterson (who probably will at some point) didn't even look as good as mediocre while healthy. So today we don't have any of the top 3 guys penciled in to play outside. One of them is gone for the season. Another is gone until we're into the season. And the third has looked pretty bad so far. Not just the Indy game, but I think Ryan's only comment regarding Patterson in practice (prior to the game) was an unflattering one.

Its not an indeal situation for sure, but its too early to panic. I missed the Indy game so I can't speak to what Patterson or the rest of the defense looked like but I did hear Patterson was not good. Maybe because he's banged up, maybe because he's just not that good, I don't really know. But I'm tired of people pulling the fire alarms and blaming Idzik, injuries happen, we need to have someone else step up, that is football. I don't think we were in a terrible place at the start of camp, with two first round corners (although Kyle Wilson is just not that good) a decent veteran who has an injury history (like Willie Colon did) a 3rd round rookie and some other corners that we took a flier on.

Right now we are in some trouble for sure, but its not because we should have splurged on some free agent that didnt fit our system anyway.

Archived