I am so angry. Izdick is a tool.

Kinda like how last year we were supposed to wait till this year to see what he'll do with his wad of cash. 

He did a solid job with that as well.  Our top needs:

1.  A true WR1:  Signed Decker, the best WR on the market.

2.  A homerun threat at RB:  Acquired Chris Johnson

3.  A veteran QB:  Signed Michael Vick (hate him, but he was arguably the best on the market)

4.  A RT to replace Austin Howard:  Signed Breno Giacommini, whose advanced metrics suggest he's a better run blocker.

# 2 CB was not among our top needs.  Everyone was screaming for more offensive talent last year.  Well that's exactly what Idzik went after in free agency. 

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TE: Cumberland is back and hopefully healthy.  Amaro may not be a huge help this season, but definitely represents an improvement at the position going forward.

Hate to be that guy, but... Cumby was helped off the field by trainers a mere 20 minutes after this was posted lol

We have $30M, I believe. I keep hearing it's because of Wilkerson and Kerley. Why we need to carry over $30M just to re-sign those 2 is a mystery to me. Should be able to do that for a lot less. I see no reason why we couldn't have spent at least $20M more this off-season.

22 mill, and because after wilk & kerley there's Q & kyle.

Then chances are Dee, Sheldon, Demari won't b cheap.

And we mite be bringing back david Harris

What's with the make believe non sense that all is fine at the CB position? Even Stevie Wonder can see the problems now coming. Izdick blew it by NOT signing a top free agent CB. Period. And what's with this bargain hunting crap? With 20+ million to spend on improving the team, why are we counting pennies? What's with this incompatent fool? Geez, has Woody been losing $$$ at the track? Now, because Izdick ignored the problem at CB, the Jets have to take some shots at whatever they can do to get a FEW new cb's into camp and HOPE that one or two can be respectable. What they have on the roster now is pure garbage. Give Asante Samuel a 1 year deal for a million with tons of incentives, Bring in Corey Webster, Quintin Jammer and any other vet to see if they can be half decent. For Gods sake try something! Izdick is quickly turning out to be the Rich Kotite of GM's! By the way, how's the rookie CB from Michigan with Bengals doing? Ask Marvin Lewis... Coach L LOVES him! Why do Jet fans have to go through this Bush league crap over and over? It's Sad. Pathetic. We deserve so much better!

Im happy your not GM

Idzik is doing his job great, so are the coaches, and now its time to see the players.

Revis" $13 million really is a 1-year deal. Take away the Patterson $3 million and sign Revis INSTEAD and you would still have had  $11 million open based on Costello's statement the current number is $ 21 million rather thaN 30.

Would help a whole bunch if defensive genius Rex Ryan developed a pass rush in year 6. 

Do we really have to go through this again?

Revis wasn't coming back under any circumstances because Revis didn't want to come back. He signed with the Pats about an hour after the Bucs released him. The amazing this is that no one has accused the Pats of tampering because based on the Jets negotiations with Revis' agents, there is no way the Pats worked out a deal that quickly. They had to be talking to his agents in anticipation of his release which is, technically, tampering. 

22 mill, and because after wilk & kerley there's Q & kyle.

Then chances are Dee, Sheldon, Demari won't b cheap.

And we mite be bringing back david Harris

Yeah, you're right, 22-23. But that only puts us behind 2 teams in most available space. Other teams have guys to re-sign 2-3 years down the line as well, it's not like we're alone in that regard.

He's doing the opposite of what you and T0m want.  

That's circular logic. The only reason you object to what I want is because you're already in Idzik's camp.

No one would have said what you just said last year, for example, because no one considered me crazy back then.

That's circular logic. The only reason you object to what I want is because you're already in Idzik's camp.

No one would have said what you just said last year, for example, because no one considered me crazy back then.

I object to what you want because you live in a fantasy land where cause and effect isn't a thing.

You would spend the entire cap like a child in a candy store and have no moves to make when you win three games and are over the cap next season.

We've laid out the reasons we think Idzik is doing a good job.  And yes, we did think you were crazy even then.  You were one of the most ridiculous homers, and now you've gone in the opposite direction.  Neither perspective is optimal.

I object to what you want because you live in a fantasy land where cause and effect isn't a thing.

You would spend the entire cap like a child in a candy store and have no moves to make when you win three games and are over the cap next season.

But then we could always clear up more space by extending Ferguson and Mangold for another 7 years. Problem solved.

I'm in Idzik's camp because he's building through the draft, which is something we've never done. He's also retained Rex, and brought in a true fallback option at QB.  Two moves that I feel are the right ones.

Signing every big name free agent available "just because we have the money" has proven time and time again to be a failed strategy.  

No one considered you crazy last year because at the time, you hadn't gone off the deep end.  Now you're an irrational mess.

Yea I mean if Rex doesn't have at least 3 first rounders in the secondary this defense will be doomed.  DOOMED I TELL YOU!

Trust me by game three when you realize that the Jets can't get off the field on third downs and the rest of the D-sucking wind by the second quarter, you'll realize just how doomed your season is. :winking0001:

Revis" $13 million really is a 1-year deal. Take away the Patterson $3 million and sign Revis INSTEAD and you would still have had  $11 million open based on Costello's statement the current number is $ 21 million rather thaN 30.

Would help a whole bunch if defensive genius Rex Ryan developed a pass rush in year 6. 

The time to resign Revis came and went long before this offseason. It was in the best interests of the owners of the sport that he did not get paid by the Jets. 

I'm fine with them rolling over 8-10M to help pay Mo and Kerley. Besides stating it explicitly, I have no idea how you want me to convince you that I believe that. If you're so hell-bent on believing that I'm lying about it, then there's nothing i can do to change your mind. But then at that point, you are clearly the one that's irrational.

I'm fine with them rolling over 8-10M to help pay Mo and Kerley. Besides stating it explicitly, I have no idea how you want me to convince you that I believe that. If you're so hell-bent on believing that I'm lying about it, then there's nothing i can do to change your mind. But then at that point, you are clearly the one that's irrational.

Make a giant post with your moves this offseason while rolling over 10m. Don't use any. Knowledge of what happens after the fact. No waiting for people who you know will be cut to be cut.

Make a giant post with your moves this offseason while rolling over 10m. Don't use any. Knowledge of what happens after the fact. No waiting for people who you know will be cut to be cut.

If I'm not supposed to use any knowledge of what happened, how am I supposed to make the list? Where am I getting the figures from, my imagination? How am I supposed to ignore what was actually happening as the off-season progressed? Did Idzik ignore it? Because that would explain a lot.

Also, since it is necessary for anyone that disagrees with a GM at any time to write their own detailed mock off-season scrutinizing every move, please provide links to your critiques of Tannenbaum as an example. Thanks.

If I'm not supposed to use any knowledge of what happened, how am I supposed to make the list? Where am I getting the figures from, my imagination? How am I supposed to ignore what was actually happening as the off-season progressed?

The common trait of the loudest Idzik critics has been a complete failure to come up with a better offseason plan, even with hindsight as a guide and seemingly all the time in the world to do it (you spend hours here ripping the guy).

The common trait of the loudest Idzik critics has been a complete failure to come up with a better offseason plan, even with hindsight as a guide and seemingly all the time in the world to do it (you spend hours here ripping the guy).

Super simple way to improve Idzik's off-season: don't sign Patterson, pay $4-5 more for a reliable, effective corner. Still end up top 5 in most available payroll.

Super simple way to improve Idzik's off-season: don't sign Patterson, pay $4-5 more for a reliable, effective corner. Still end up top 5 in most available payroll.

Which "Reliable, effective" corner?  I'm thinking you don't know what that is.  The NFL has a league-wide coverage problem, and guys like DRC and Captain Munnerlyn are anything but "reliable" or "effective".  And Alterraun Verner doesn't know what man coverage is.  Patterson may suck but it would be far worse to spend $8-11M on a corner who sucks a little less.

Do we really have to go through this again?

Revis wasn't coming back under any circumstances because Revis didn't want to come back. He signed with the Pats about an hour after the Bucs released him. The amazing this is that no one has accused the Pats of tampering because based on the Jets negotiations with Revis' agents, there is no way the Pats worked out a deal that quickly. They had to be talking to his agents in anticipation of his release which is, technically, tampering. 

and even cimini defended the jets (lol) when mehta posted the garbage about revis making a list (lol) and the jets were on the top of the list

the damage is done tho, a lot of jets fans think revis wanted to come back to the jets, and the jets wouldn't pick up the phone

and even cimini defended the jets (lol) when mehta posted the garbage about revis making a list (lol) and the jets were on the top of the list

the damage is done tho, a lot of jets fans think revis wanted to come back to the jets, and the jets wouldn't pick up the phone

The only green and white at the top of his list is that of the all mighty dollar.  

Why are we competing for "top 5 in most available payroll"?  The goal is to have the money to spend on the best players.  Either this year or next, not to be at the top of the list.  I can see being afraid they won't spend it, but the goal is not to spend just a little less than the other teams, it is to get the most for the money.  They liked Patterson, we can't see why yet, but it is pretty early. DRC is not exactly the stud of the century.  There is a reason he is on his 4th team in 5 years and it isn't because he is worth the money.

Do you really think he didn't try?

The one guy that fits that description who was available was Vontae Davis and he re-signed with the Colts after talking to the Jets. Sometimes you can't sign everyone you want. Probably 15-20 teams were looking to sign a QB this offseason. This sh*t doesn't happen in a vacuum. 

Archived