I am so angry. Izdick is a tool.

I too am proud of those back to back AFC Championship participation trophies!!!!

as you should. just guessing here,but you seem to be a younger guy.not really young but probably like most of the posters here, have not witnessed the 1 jets superbowl. I havnt witnessed the superbowl,I started following the jets about 10 years later. I gotta tell ya, 2009 and 2010 were some of the most exciting jets football I have ever seen. sure, I would of loved to see them make it to the superbowl,but I wont forget those 2 years. and not for nothing, while he was over spending on contracts and trading away picks like baseball cards, tannenbaum put that team on the field.if sanchez didn't suck ass like he did, tanny would probably still be here

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 seasons and you name 8 players.

2 declining offensive linemen.  The best player on the team.  An overrated and over payed ILB.  An ok safety.  A back-up safety.  A good slot WR.  A 3rd string RB.  A solid TE.

That's your pro-Tannenbaum argument?

A few of Tannenbaum's players were let go/traded - but are still playing at a high level around the league. Yes, he built a team to win now. It came close twice. Had a bad season and was let go. Your description of Tannenbaum's players means you didnt read the full post. And, if those players are so bad, why are they starting while we have 30 million in cap room? Oh, the draft you say? Most of Idzik's draft picks won't even be on the roster. lol

Oh please, you've been negative about him from the beginning.  Sell it somewhere else.

What should I be positive about? Please let us all know, Mike Goodson? A CB from Alabama #9 overall? A hard hitting safety that gets a concussion day one of camp? See why its so hard?

I thought tannenbaum gets crapped on a little to much. he put together a really good oline a very good front 7 amd brought in some key contributors the afc championship years like edwards and holmes.

If jets hada franchise qb tannenbaum would be regarded as one of the better gms. simple fact is its not easy to get a franchise qb

I thought tannenbaum gets crapped on a little to much. he put together a really good oline a very good front 7 amd brought in some key contributors the afc championship years like edwards and holmes.

If jets hada franchise qb tannenbaum would be regarded as one of the better gms. simple fact is its not easy to get a franchise qb

Tannenbaum got caught up in Rex's persona too much and then overpaid for idiots we should have let go. He also couldnt draft.

The Giants fan gets it more than most Jets fans.

Not surprising.

Tannenbaum got caught up in Rex's persona too much and then overpaid for idiots we should have let go. He also couldnt draft.

His drafts needed work. Hard to totally say though since after Mangini he really didn't have a lot of picks to deal with. The Jets were kind of in win now mode at that point though. Even with so few of pick, he still drafted better than Idzik does.

Im just saying i dont think he was an abysmal gm. was he great, no. but it could have been alot worse

He doubled down on short term moves, which was fatal for him. Sanchez, Holmes, Harris...hell even Mangold and Bricks...werent good deals for non elite players. Especially the first 3.

His drafts needed work. Hard to totally say though since after Mangini he really didn't have a lot of picks to deal with. The Jets were kind of in win now mode at that point though. Even with so few of pick, he still drafted better than Idzik does.

For whatever reason this organization seems allergic from finding blue chip talent. Mo is borderline....but other than that, where are the stars? 

He doubled down on short term moves, which was fatal for him. Sanchez, Holmes, Harris...hell even Mangold and Bricks...werent good deals for non elite players. Especially the first 3.

Agreed there were some bad contracts but every team has some really bad contracts. The only. bad part was that it was a bad contract at the most important position (qb)

I agree, he did try to win now. Similar to what Parcells did really. But I would much rather see that than what is going on now.

Before you kill him, try to remember that his very last draft pick is starting at CB this weekend. Its kind of pathetic really.

I agree, he did try to win now. Similar to what Parcells did really. But I would much rather see that than what is going on now.

Before you kill him, try to remember that his very last draft pick is starting at CB this weekend. Its kind of pathetic really.

Sanchez, Greene, Wilson, HIll, Vlad lol. If you're going quality over quantity....uhh yeah.

And wtf did we let Slauson leave for anyways? And holy cow are 2010 draft...WOW.

For whatever reason this organization seems allergic from finding blue chip talent. Mo is borderline....but other than that, where are the stars? 

Agreed. Mo is a very good player - but I'm not convinced he is great. I'm not even sure he could break 7 sacks under someone other than Rex.

Agreed. Mo is a very good player - but I'm not convinced he is great. I'm not even sure he could break 7 sacks under someone other than Rex.

Mo's really good. He's versatile as hell which makes him extremely valuable. But he's not putting points on the board and he's not JJ Watt.

Sanchez, Greene, Wilson, HIll, Vlad lol. If you're going quality over quantity....uhh yeah.

And wtf did we let Slauson leave for anyways?

Revis, Mangold, DBrick, Cumberland, Kerley, AA, Harris. Not in order obviously. Had some terrible picks too. Bottom line is he fielded some talented teams.

He had 12 picks in like 3 years. Idzik blew 12 picks in one year. I know it was Tannenbaums fault for trading the picks - but add those traded players to his drafts. Holmes, and Tebow were mistakes - but Braylon was a great move. D Woody was a great signing. That OL was nasty good.

Revis, Mangold, DBrick, Cumberland, Kerley, AA, Harris. 

He drafted some decent ones too and he had 12 picks in like 3 years. Idzik blew 12 picks in one year. I know it was his fault - but add those traded players to his drafts. Holmes, and Tebow were mistakes - but Braylon was a great move. D Woody was a great move. That OL was nasty good.

If he's getting credited for Revis, Mangold and Brick then he's also getting Gholston(possibly the biggest bust in NFL history).

And how did Idzik blow 12 picks in 1 year? These guys haven't played a down yet(and yes I realize early indications arent encouraging).

If he's getting credited for Revis, Mangold and Brick then he's also getting Gholston(possibly the biggest bust in NFL history).

ANd how did Idzik blow 12 pick sin 1 year? These guys havent played yet(and yes I realize early indications arent encouraging)

Oh, I totally agree. Gholston was a horrible pick. GM's get judged by the talent on the team they put on the field. The 2009 and 2010 teams were loaded. As a matter of fact you could almost make the case that Rex screwed them up (based on their regular season record).

Yeah its too early for this years draft class - but it's not looking that good. lol

Oh, I totally agree. Gholston was a horrible pick. GM's get judged by the talent on the team they put on the field. The 2009 and 2010 teams were loaded. As a matter of fact you could almost make the case that Rex screwed them up (based on their regular season record).

Yeah its too early for this years draft class - but it's not looking that good. lol

Biggest key to those teams were Revis and the oline. Obviously Revis is gone now and the oline stinks. It's why the team isnt there anymore....we just havent reloaded well at all.

His handling of Sanchez was what did him in. The hope was that Sanchez would have been good enough to keep them competitive while they shed all of the other big contracts, and rebuilt the roster.

What happened was Sanchez ended up being so bad that it magnified all of the holes on the roster, instead of covering them up. For all the good Tanny did in '08, '09, and '10, the Sanchez extension (along with the Tebow trade) made himself and the organization as a whole look like blithering idiots in 2012. And that's why he was fired.

Just wondering. If the Jets had signed Revis for 2 years at $32,000,000, and he blew his knee out again on the same day that Milliner got his high ankle sprain, and whoever the #3 was in this scenario wasn't practicing because of an injury, would Idzik still be an idiot for signing a player with bad knees in Revis?

One thing to sign a player that's had an injury, quite another to sign an entire secondary that sucks at best or isn't even on the field at worst.

One thing to sign a player that's had an injury, quite another to sign an entire secondary that sucks at best or isn't even on the field at worst.

If you leave the Revis/DRC would be signings out of it, signing Patterson for a single dollar is a waste of money.

The guy sucks.

Paying him anything is overpaying him.

Idzik in his zeal to DO SOMETHING instead did something stupid.

That's the primary duty of the GM; drafting well.  And Tannenbaum couldn't do it.  His successful trade-up to acquire Revis is negated by his trade-ups for the likes of Dustin Keller, Shonn Greene, Joe McKnight, and of course, Mark Sanchez.  Dude sucked at the primary thing he cannot suck at.  Tannenbaum also cost us big-time in free agency with tons of bad contracts.  For a supposed cap genius he sure couldn't properly evaluate how much players were really worth.  So you really can't say he did ANYTHING well. 

Idzik, meanwhile, has had 2 drafts, and his first one produced the Defensive Rookie of the Year, and Defensive Rookie of the Month.  To say already that Tannenbaum was a better drafter is just plain lunacy. 

Tannenbaum drafted this guy.  Enough said.

Tannenbaum couldn't draft for sh*t. He brought in premium pro personnel, but paid premium prices every time. He left the team basically the way he found it--devoid of talent, capped out, and below .500. By any rational measure, his tenure was a failure.

Or what this guy said.

7 years of inadequate QB play is at least 5 too many.

That's the primary duty of the GM; drafting well.  And Tannenbaum couldn't do it.  His successful trade-up to acquire Revis is negated by his trade-ups for the likes of Dustin Keller, Shonn Greene, Joe McKnight, and of course, Mark Sanchez.  Dude sucked at the primary thing he cannot suck at.  Tannenbaum also cost us big-time in free agency with tons of bad contracts.  For a supposed cap genius he sure couldn't properly evaluate how much players were really worth.  So you really can't say he did ANYTHING well. 

Idzik, meanwhile, has had 2 drafts, and his first one produced the Defensive Rookie of the Year, and Defensive Rookie of the Month.  To say already that Tannenbaum was a better drafter is just plain lunacy. 

Tannenbaum drafted this guy.  Enough said.

Or what this guy said.

Tannenbaum's drafts were better than Idzik's.

We will see how many AFCCG's Idzik takes the Jets to. At this point I'm hoping he can just get the team to .500 he has been so bad.

as you should. just guessing here,but you seem to be a younger guy.not really young but probably like most of the posters here, have not witnessed the 1 jets superbowl. I havnt witnessed the superbowl,I started following the jets about 10 years later. I gotta tell ya, 2009 and 2010 were some of the most exciting jets football I have ever seen. sure, I would of loved to see them make it to the superbowl,but I wont forget those 2 years. and not for nothing, while he was over spending on contracts and trading away picks like baseball cards, tannenbaum put that team on the field.if sanchez didn't suck ass like he did, tanny would probably still be here

I'm 30. And while I got enjoyment out of those playoff runs, the losses in which we were barely competitive we're enough to reinforce what I'd always felt... That this team was still far from a legit contender. Now, at 30, I still hopefully have some time and can be patient if it looks like the team is being built the right way, and for sustainable success. Do I know if it will work? Of course not. But I do know it is better to try this way than the Tannenbaum way, as there is no precedent for sustainable success with that methodology.

As for Sanchez, yes, if he was good, Tannenbaum would still be here. You could also say that about every failed QB/GM combo ever. Yet, so few GMs have done what Tannenbaum did with that idiotic extension.

Tannenbaum's drafts were better than Idzik's.

Just saying they were doesn't make it true.  Just look at that 2010 draft and tell me Tannenbaum is a better drafter.  Just try.  That draft is why Mike Tannenbaum is no longer an NFL GM or anything really close anymore.

Yet you say he's better than Idzik, who played an essential role in the drafts that built the champion Seahawks.  Yeah, ok.

What should I be positive about? Please let us all know, Mike Goodson? A CB from Alabama #9 overall? A hard hitting safety that gets a concussion day one of camp? See why its so hard?

See post detailing improvement. This team is much better than the one Tannenbaum left behind. The fact that we could improve and still not be good is more of and indictment of Tannenbaum.

Archived