I am so angry. Izdick is a tool.

Tannenbaum's drafts were better than Idzik's.

We will see how many AFCCG's Idzik takes the Jets to. At this point I'm hoping he can just get the team to .500 he has been so bad.

While you are celebrating those AFCCG Participation Trophies, have you considered how many GMs have lasted as long as he did without a Super Bowl appearance in the last 20ish years? The number is awful close to just him and Rick Smith (Texans).

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saying they were doesn't make it true.  Just look at that 2010 draft and tell me Tannenbaum is a better drafter.  Just try.  That draft is why Mike Tannenbaum is no longer an NFL GM or anything really close anymore.

Yet you say he's better than Idzik, who played an essential role in the drafts that built the champion Seahawks.  Yeah, ok.

ya. he was the guy responsible for making sure the food and beverage cart was on time for draft hopefuls. essential

See post detailing improvement. This team is much better than the one Tannenbaum left behind. The fact that we could improve and still not be good is more of and indictment of Tannenbaum.

I would hope there would be incremental improvement over the past 2 years with 20 draft picks and over 50m in cap space. but I could of done what idzik accomplished and still kept my day job. idzik,rex, and everybody who watched jets football last year knew that the jets needed to improve the oline and the cb position. he could of accomplished that with the resources at hand, still been in a good financial state, no negative impact on the future of the team, and been a lot more competitive this year and beyond.for the life of me, I cannot see why people defend idziks actions on these 2 units on the field.

I would hope there would be incremental improvement over the past 2 years with 20 draft picks and over 50m in cap space. but I could of done what idzik accomplished and still kept my day job. idzik,rex, and everybody who watched jets football last year knew that the jets needed to improve the oline and the cb position. he could of accomplished that with the resources at hand, still been in a good financial state, no negative impact on the future of the team, and been a lot more competitive this year and beyond.for the life of me, I cannot see why people defend idziks actions on these 2 units on the field.

No.  You couldn't have.

You're creating a ton of narrative in this thread about Idzick.  Zero of which do you have any evidence to suggest is true.

Tannenbaum's drafts were better than Idzik's.

We will see how many AFCCG's Idzik takes the Jets to. At this point I'm hoping he can just get the team to .500 he has been so bad.

Holy F'ing sh*t....the guy has had 2 drafts, you've only seen 1 of them take the field and it produced the DROY.

my god, this ******* site.

Holy F'ing sh*t....the guy has had 2 drafts, you've only seen 1 of them take the field and it produced the DROY.

my god, this ******* site.

No but seriously, why haven't we wont the Super Bowl yet?

Prolly cause he was working the concession stands for Seattle.

No.  You couldn't have.

You're creating a ton of narrative in this thread about Idzick.  Zero of which do you have any evidence to suggest is true.

no I couldn't because I was not hired by the jets? I guess you have a point there. or no I couldn't because I don't have the football smarts to pull off the amazing moves that idzik has? please...my position hasn't changed since the offseason was basically over. and it wont. any blind man can see there are issues with the cb position and the oline. is the fact that anonio allen, who is barely making it at safety, is going to start cb the next game proof that idkiz did a fine job at that position? how about the fact that colon,who hasn't finished a season since 2009 and really is only average at best, is the starting right guard? much improved,i know. or the fact that he let howard go to Oakland over what appears to be about a 200,000 difference in salary, to replace him with a tackle,while being a good run blocker,cant pass block worth a damn? it was fun watching breno chase after the pass rusher from behind trying to block him. get used to that. do you think for a second,while geno is picking himself off the ground, he is going to be thinking" thank god for breno,he sure can run block"? the proof to my accusations will bare itself as the season goes on. but you are right, as of this second, I have zero proof

no I couldn't because I was not hired by the jets? I guess you have a point there. or no I couldn't because I don't have the football smarts to pull off the amazing moves that idzik has? please...my position hasn't changed since the offseason was basically over. and it wont. any blind man can see there are issues with the cb position and the oline. is the fact that anonio allen, who is barely making at safety, is going to start the next game proof that idkiz did a fine job at that position? how about the fact that colon,who hasn't finished a season since 2009 and really is only average at best, is the starting right guard? much improved,i know. or the fact that he let howard go to Oakland over what appears to be about a 200,000 difference in salary, to replace him with a tackle,while being a good run blocker,cant pass block worth a damn? it was fun watching breno chase after the pass rusher from behind trying to block him. get used to that. do you think for a second,while geno is picking himself off the ground, he is going to be thinking" thank god for breno,he sure can run block"? the proof to my accusations will bare itself as the season goes on. but you are right, as of this second, I have zero proof

You do not have the football smarts.  That is correct.  I couldn't do it either.  Nor anyone else on this board.  You can see that there is a problem.  You just don't have a good way to solve it.  Easy to play armchair GM.  Not so easy to play real GM.

Also, proof will not bear itself this season.  Because outcome wise, just about everyone is on the same side.  The "Idzick Lovers" do not think this is a good football team.  This is a conversation between people who are patient through a rebuild and looking for sustainable success and those who think not being a contender in year two merits firing.

No.  You couldn't have.

the real improvements to the jets team was dropping 10m on 2 players. a back up qb, who may never play a down and a high mileage running back,coming off a disappointing season, to go with the 3 or 4 other running backs already on the roster. obviously, the two biggest needs off the team. idzik pulled off the magic, signing these 2 guys, when it was appearent that the other 31 teams were lined up to sign both of these guys. fought those wolves off,he did

So that's the goal now? An AFC Championship Game appearance? 

I wonder how many of these people would sign up for 7 seasons of Idzik right now with the upside being 2 AFCCG Appearances.

If given the choice between that, and fire him today, what do you think they'd choose?

the real improvements to the jets team was dropping 10m on 2 players. a back up qb, who may never play a down and a high mileage running back,coming off a disappointing season, to go with the 3 or 4 other running backs already on the roster. obviously, the two biggest needs off the team. idzik pulled off the magic, signing these 2 guys, when it was appearent that the other 31 teams were lined up to sign both of these guys. fought those wolves off,he did

The amount you're ignoring to fit your agenda could crash the JN servers.

You do not have the football smarts.  That is correct.  I couldn't do it either.  Nor anyone else on this board.  You can see that there is a problem.  You just don't have a good way to solve it.  Easy to play armchair GM.  Not so easy to play real GM.

Also, proof will not bear itself this season.  Because outcome wise, just about everyone is on the same side.  The "Idzick Lovers" do not think this is a good football team.  This is a conversation between people who are patient through a rebuild and looking for sustainable success and those who think not being a contender in year two merits firing.

I beg to differ about the football smarts,but since neither can be proven,i guess it really doesn't matter. I keep hearing people preach that the so called "idzik haters" don't  have a good way to solve it. this sh*t has been done to death and people continue to ignore the solutions that should have taken place, or just plain and simply make excuses for it.

also, I never said I wanted idzik fired. I am just pointing out his mistakes. while you and others, proclaimed idzik god and savior with zero proof, I knew there would be huge bumps in the road for him. he is basically a rookie gm,with no prior gm experience, making rookie mistakes. I knew this coming in, while some of you choose to ignore this. there is zero reason and no excuse for entering the season with our oline the way it is and the state our cb situation is in. patience while our young,developing qb is on the ground, or the secondary getting torched play in and play out? please. there were simple fixes to these problems,with the the assets to easily pull it off. you continue to have patience, while some of us would prefer competent players at important positions.

Tannenbaum couldn't draft for sh*t. He brought in premium pro personnel, but paid premium prices every time. He left the team basically the way he found it--devoid of talent, capped out, and below .500. By any rational measure, his tenure was a failure.

Damn dude.  When your not sniping one liners or posting GIF's you got skills.  Try not to do it again before expectations rise.  

I beg to differ about the football smarts,but since neither can be proven,i guess it really doesn't matter. I keep hearing people preach that the so called "idzik haters" don't  have a good way to solve it. this sh*t has been done to death and people continue to ignore the solutions that should have taken place, or just plain and simply make excuses for it.

also, I never said I wanted idzik fired. I am just pointing out his mistakes. while you and others, proclaimed idzik god and savior with zero proof, I knew there would be huge bumps in the road for him. he is basically a rookie gm,with no prior gm experience, making rookie mistakes. I knew this coming in, while some of you choose to ignore this. there is zero reason and no excuse for entering the season with our oline the way it is and the state our cb situation is in. patience while our young,developing qb is on the ground, or the secondary getting torched play in and play out? please. there were simple fixes to these problems,with the the assets to easily pull it off. you continue to have patience, while some of us would prefer competent players at important positions.

You think you have the football smarts to be an NFL GM.  I guess there's really no need to go on here.  Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.

You think you have the football smarts to be an NFL GM.  I guess there's really no need to go on here.  Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.

another twist to fit your agenda. I said I could have done what idzik did. and I think what idzik did was un-nfl gm like.obviously you can skirt around what I said about everything. seems to be the thing to do around here. once again,fixing the teams weak spots is detrimental to long term success.money in the bank(lots,i might add) is better than product on the field.i will take your advice and look forward to the 2018 when idzik, if he continues to follow his trend, will have a competitive team on the field. that is,afterall, what you want me to agree with,isnt it?

another twist to fit your agenda. I said I could have done what idzik did. and I think was idzik did was un-nfl gm like.obviously you can skirt around what I said about everything. seems to be the thing to do around here. once again,fixing the teams weak spots is detrimental to long term success.money in the bank(lots,i might add) is better than product on the field

How could I disagree with this.  You have the football smarts of an NFL GM.  I'm super curious if your resume looks anything like Idzik's, but it hardly matters.  Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.

How could I disagree with this.  You have the football smarts of an NFL GM.  I'm super curious if your resume looks anything like Idzik's, but it hardly matters.  Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.

cant have a real debate so you resort to attacks using your own twists. you said you were 30 years old. act like it

It only makes it that much more amusing when you consider Idzik was completely crucified for the Richardson pick at the time.  Go figure.

He was crucified for the McDougle pick too and now its the end of the world he's injured.  Jets fans are level headed.

If McDougle doesn't get hurt he would be 2 for 2 on DROY.  

Truth but you and I were the few to believe it until he got injured.

Damn dude. When your not sniping one liners or posting GIF's you got skills. Try not to do it again before expectations rise.

Keeping people's expectations of me as low as possible has worked for me professionally, personally, and romantically, so I figured it should work here.

cant have a real debate so you resort to attacks using your own twists. you said you were 30 years old. act like it

You've told me in black and white that the difference between you and Idzik is essentially that the Jets hired him and not you.  No twist there at all.  Therefore, I concede.  I'm thoroughly outmatched by you.  If I learned anything from the first Three Ninjas movie, it's that you should never fight unless you know you can win.  Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.

You've told me in black and white that the difference between you and Idzik is essentially that the Jets hired him and not you.  No twist there at all.  Therefore, I concede.  I'm thoroughly outmatched by you.  If I learned anything from the first Three Ninjas movie, it's that you should never fight unless you know you can win.  Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.

no. I didn't. I love the word "essentially". it gives you just enough leeway to try and justify your "twist". nice try tho. how many times are you going to tell me to have a nice day and then come back for more?

no. I didn't. I love the word "essentially". it gives you just enough leeway to try and justify your "twist". nice try tho. how many times are you going to tell me to have a nice day and then come back for more?

but I could of done what idzik accomplished and still kept my day job. 

No.  You couldn't have.

no I couldn't because I was not hired by the jets? I guess you have a point there.

A few more times, probably.  You're literally one of the most fun people on this board to mock.  Enjoy the rest of the afternoon.

A few more times, probably.  You're literally one of the most fun people on this board to mock.  Enjoy the rest of the afternoon.

anyone without an agenda could see it was in question form to you. did you honestly not compute that? I think you are a smart dude and I think you did compute it properly. so that leaves us with your agenda driven twists again. I am an easy enough target with my typing and misspelling, so there is no need to make sh*t up if you want to mock me and have fun. stick to what is real

Archived