Geno Smith May or May Not know the playbook, but he sure can run a film projector (MERGED)

Matt39

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

**** Boomer Esiason. **** him up his ******* ass!

I absolutely can't stand that this assclown is in any way associated with the Jets. We were suckered into signing him by Reggie White and it was an horrific signing.

What? He was Bruce Coslet's boy from Cincinnati.

In that article, it says that Coslet had already expressed interest in Esiason. That was his boy.

But at the time, Coslet was supposed to be working his magic as a QB guru by developing Browning Nagle. The Jets pulled the trigger because of what Reggie White said.

In hindsight Esiason over Nagle is a no-brainer but at the time, Nagle was coming off his first season as a starter and the Jets weren't giving up on him, at least not publicly. 

Once Reggie White said what he did, the fanbase and local media flipped out thinking that if we signed Boomer we'd definitely get White. 

But at the time, Coslet was supposed to be working his magic as a QB guru by developing Browning Nagle. The Jets pulled the trigger because of what Reggie White said.

In hindsight Esiason over Nagle is a no-brainer but at the time, Nagle was coming off his first season as a starter and the Jets weren't giving up on him, at least not publicly. 

Once Reggie White said what he did, the fanbase and local media flipped out thinking that if we signed Boomer we'd definitely get White.

Listen, again, in the article you posted the link to, it says that Coslet had already expressed interest in Esiason. It was public. Reggie White heard that and said, yeah, if you do that, I'll be more interested. But the Jets were bringing him in regardless. Or should I say irregardless?

That entire bit (yes bit because they are more of a comedy team that a sports talk show) was pathetic. Anyone who didn't know football and was listening would assume NFL camps are protected by 16 foot brick walls and guarded by 50 armed gunmen.  The entire bit was based on speculation, as if you HAVE to speculate what's going on in camps.  Has that show or anyone in charge ever heard of research.  Boomer your an ex NFL quarterback, you want to provide information than be proactive and get information.  Nobody is interesting in your speculation.  Jets fans are more than aware of what happens when a QB doesn't deliver, and you helped us develop that skill.

At 2:30 in the video when they go on about how Eric Decker must be rethinking his decision to come here, because it would mean going from somebody like Peyton to somebody like Geno, they certainly don't sound very hypothetical.

As if Decker didn't already realize he was getting a major downgrade at QB by signing with the Jets?

Boomer is also the guy that welcomed the hiring of Rich Kotite by saying ''I like that we are going to be more physical and less cerebral'' (With Kotite) :rl:

He also bad mouthed the Jets after he left. hes and idiot.

If it wasn't for JN, I'd be beyond surprised someone could take this as anything more than purely hypothetical. Geno has called out multiple people for not knowing the playbook, I'm pretty sure if he himself wasn't comfortable with it, there'd be some major backlash that would have been reported the last couple of week.

So he's watching movies instead of studying the playbook? 

Slacker. 

Yep.  Spends the offseason working out and watching film of teams he's playing this year, not just his film.  Totally lazy and doesnt work hard, just like Boomer said.

I wish we had drafted a hard worker like Teddy Bridgewater...

Bridgewater says he thinks too much
Posted by Mike Florio on August 15, 2014, 10:41 AM EDT
bridgewater2.jpg?w=181AP

It must be the Madden.

Vikings rookie quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, who played football video games in the offseason to get “virtual reps,” admits that maybe he’s thinking a bit too much.

“Basically, I have to stop overthinking,” Bridgewater said Thursday, via Mark Craig of the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “I haven’t been pressing, but I have been overthinking.”

Coach Mike Zimmer has been trying to get Bridgewater to think more about not thinking too much.

“He’s got so much going on in his mind right now that I just want him to play,” Zimmer said.  “That’s what I told him [Wednesday], and that’s what I’m going to tell him before the ballgame.  Just go play.  You’ve been doing this since you were five years old. Go play and have some fun.  Throw the ball in there.  If you make a mistake, we’ll fix it and go on.”

For now, Bridgewater thinks they need to get a better fence at training camp.

If he was a Jet, it would be Rex's fault that he prepared by playing video games. But he plays elsewhere, so I guess this is what Geno should be doing?  

Here's a article I came a cross

Geno Smith impresses Jets with film study

Posted by Mike Florio on August 15, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT

AP

Defensive coordinators who’ll face Jets quarterback Geno Smith have spent the last seven months studying film of his rookie season.  So, in addition to studying his own film, Smith decided on his own to start studying film of the defensive coordinators he’ll be facing.

And the Jets are impressed by that.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News explains that Smith got the idea from advisor and friend John Thornton, whose advice was simple:  “Watch the guys who are planning on attacking you.”

“That’s smart as hell though,” Ryan told Mehta.  “I never even knew about it. . . .  He wants to be great.  He just doesn’t want to be a guy that gets through.  God touched the kid.  He’s got so much ability.  He can throw, he can run, he can do all that.  But it’s that work ethic.  As a quarterback, you almost have to be a gym rat.  And he’s done it.”

Smith saw it as no big deal.

“I like watching film anyway,” Smith said. “It was one of those things where I didn’t have anything to do anyway, so I just wanted to kind of get ahead of stuff.”

But doesn’t every starting quarterback study in the offseason both his own performances and the strategies and tactics of the teams he’ll be facing in the coming year?  Maybe the implicit news here is that not many do.

Of course, a potential disconnect remains between studying film and performing at a high level when the reps are real.  Especially when the starting quarterback’s understudy is a guy whose God-given abilities have made it easy for him at times to not give a damn about studying film.

"Here's a response in which I passive-aggressively call out someone for passive-aggressiveness and then, rather incredibly, attempt to evade responsibility for fallacious reasoning by insisting on scrupulously consistent application of criticism. Look at this baby sloth eating a french fry!"

sloth-6.gif

I don't understand why so many Jets fans get their panties in a wad when someone says something negative about the Jets. Who cares what Boomer says, we all know that Geno is going to be really good, and he will show it on the field. People have negative things to say about every NFL team, aint no thang.

:face:  honestly, how you can make that statement without a clown car driving around you is mystery. Geno may very well end up being a decent NFL QB, but last season he was by far the worst QB I have ever seen.

:face:  honestly, how you can make that statement without a clown car driving around you is mystery. Geno may very well end up being a decent NFL QB, but last season he was by far the worst QB I have ever seen.

Remember Hugh Millen? 

Of course you dont.

Archived