Jets Fans Hammer Idzik For Playing It Safe

JetNation

cro went from stud to dud in one year.  I think the jets were scared by the injury

we'll see

either way patterson straight up sux and is not an upgrade over anyone

Thats what I mean though! Cro was coming off an injury.. but he has shown great skill not too long ago. Patterson hasn't shown anyone anything!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats what I mean though! Cro was coming off an injury.. but he has shown great skill not too long ago. Patterson hasn't shown anyone anything!

I know that Patterson was not a household name, but he has shown some people some things.  Football Outsiders seemed to rate him fairly high.  His 2012 season was compared to 2004 Ty Law.  http://www.footballoutsiders.com/player/16657/dimitri-patterson

More importantly he got paid.  Sure the Jets giving him $3.5M for 1 does not mean much, but...

the Browns signed him for 3/$16M with $6M guaranteed and when he was cut, the Dolphins picked up that contract and paid him $4.5M last year.  Those franchises are not exactly the Steelers, but it is not like he has been a vet min guy either.  

I know that Patterson was not a household name, but he has shown some people some things.  Football Outsiders seemed to rate him fairly high.  His 2012 season was compared to 2004 Ty Law.  http://www.footballoutsiders.com/player/16657/dimitri-patterson

More importantly he got paid.  Sure the Jets giving him $3.5M for 1 does not mean much, but...

the Browns signed him for 3/$16M with $6M guaranteed and when he was cut, the Dolphins picked up that contract and paid him $4.5M last year.  Those franchises are not exactly the Steelers, but it is not like he has been a vet min guy either.  

Thanks for the link and insight. 

I think the important thing is that the Jets might find him a style fit.  He was basically considered too aggressive.  That may fit what the Jets want to do. 

I'll never fault someone for being too aggressive. I was against the signing cause the money seemed to big (when factoring in Cro), for a guy who is hurt so often. I hope you're right. 

Archived