How many of Idzik's 12 2014 draft picks will live up to their expectations?

stoicsentry

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your drafting for depth with your 2nd and 3rd round picks, you're just not a good GM. Sorry.

You're why the Jets fans don't deserve a winner.

Rookies don't usually start, so they are depth, until they are ready. Last years draft matters this year, this years will matter next year. So on, so forth...

You're why the Jets fans don't deserve a winner.

Rookies don't usually start, so they are depth, until they are ready. Last years draft matters this year, this years will matter next year. So on, so forth...

You draft a safety in the first round, homeboy better be a Pro Bowler.

I don't care how many rookies end up on the roster as long as the 53 BEST PLAYERS do. Look at the mistakes the Jets have made in just the recent past (under Rex) trying to force the uniform on a draft pick just because he WAS drafted. Someone please tell me which Burger King Joe McKnight is working at, maybe Danny Woodhead can throw him a tip as he goes through the drive-thru. How about The Terminator? Anyone seen him lately?

Give me the best player even if he's walk-on no-dick-nobody, if he can play put him out there-let our draft grade be D- as long as we win

I agree. This is the aspect that most scares me. Letting dudes who are ballers go because we drafted another guy that "should" make the roster. 

How many of Idzik's 12 2014 draft picks will live up to their expectations? Meaning, 6th rounder plays like a 6th rounder, 1st rounder plays like a 1st rounder, etc.

Of the 12, I'll say 3. A few of them are already out for the season, a few will be cut, and none (including Pryor and Amaro) have been even slightly impressive.

Dorian Boose once led the league with preseason sacks with 5 in 4 games.

Stevie Anderson was once knicknamed "forest gump" due to him lighting it up and blowing by defenders in preseason.

Brian Thomas was once called a more pure pass rusher than Julius Peppers due to his fine work in the preseason.

The list goes on and on. Have we learned nothing in our years as Jets fans?

I'm actually more afraid of these guys looking like rock stars in the preseason.

I agree. This is the aspect that most scares me. Letting dudes who are ballers go because we drafted another guy that "should" make the roster.

Seriously? The poster boy for players Rex get away is Danny Woodhead. I don't even know who's second on that list. The problem here, for a very long time, isn't the talent that got away. It's the talent that never arrived.

Seriously? The poster boy for players Rex get away is Danny Woodhead. I don't even know who's second on that list. The problem here, for a very long time, isn't the talent that got away. It's the talent that never arrived.

I know a chargers fan.  he loves woodhead.  it's actually kinda weird.  I mean he LOVES the guy

How many of Idzik's 12 2014 draft picks will live up to their expectations? Meaning, 6th rounder plays like a 6th rounder, 1st rounder plays like a 1st rounder, etc.

Of the 12, I'll say 3. A few of them are already out for the season, a few will be cut, and none (including Pryor and Amaro) have been even slightly impressive.

I think the Jets will get 3 starters (Pryor, Amaro, McDougle) and 4 contributing players (IK, Saunders, Enunwa, Evans, George). 

Can somebody ban stoic already?? Him unbanmadmike and shane. Tired of reading their anti-jet mantras. It's one thing to disagree with something Idzik does but it's another to complain about everything that happens within the organization just to get attention. ESPECIALLY when they don't know what they're talking about. I get it, they're either slow or trolls, but, c'mon

Edit: Shane actually has a micro fiber of common sense that he chooses to not use, and I get that he kinda works here or something, so I udnerstand if he is not gone.

Can somebody ban stoic already?? Him unbanmadmike and shane. Tired of reading their anti-jet mantras. It's one thing to disagree with something Idzik does but it's another to complain about everything that happens within the organization just to get attention. ESPECIALLY when they don't know what they're talking about. I get it, they're either slow or trolls, but, c'mon

Edit: Shane actually has a micro fiber of common sense that he chooses to not use, and I get that he kinda works here or something, so I udnerstand if he is not gone.

You're very kind.

Can I instigate this? 

Sorry, its just the villain in me. 

The reason the other two are still here is because I keep harping on Max to let me get rid of Shane first - but he won't let me. Rest assured, I'm doing my best.

The reason the other two are still here is because I keep harping on Max to let me get rid of Shane first - but he won't let me. Rest assured, I'm doing my best.

Don't talk like one of them. You're not, even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak...like me. They need you right now...but when they don't...they'll cast you out like a leper. You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These civilized people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.

You draft a safety in the first round, homeboy better be a Pro Bowler.

What a stupid remark. Anyone you spend a 1st round pick on should be an eventual Pro Bowler.

If you are implying that a rookie safety taken in R1 should be a Pro Bowler right away, then that assumes that Pryor, Clinton Dix, Deone Buchanon and Jimmie Ward are all expected to be Pro Bowlers this year. In their rookie years. At the expense of all veteran Safeties that are Pro Bowl worthy throughout the league.

Dumb.

What a stupid remark. Anyone you spend a 1st round pick on should be an eventual Pro Bowler.

If you are implying that a rookie safety taken in R1 should be a Pro Bowler right away, then that assumes that Pryor, Clinton Dix, Deone Buchanon and Jimmie Ward are all expected to be Pro Bowlers this year. In their rookie years. At the expense of all veteran Safeties that are Pro Bowl worthy throughout the league.

Dumb.

As rookies? No. That's silly.

Don't talk like one of them. You're not, even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak...like me. They need you right now...but when they don't...they'll cast you out like a leper. You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These civilized people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.

I still love you, just like I still have a thing for Jewish girls. I never learn.

****sake they haven't even ******* played yet.

This is true. But whens the last time we had a guy absolutely suck ass in his rookie camp then turn into a good player? Coaches know what they have on their hands at this point...its ok to judge this early. 

Archived