Preseason: Discussing the other teams in week 2

Integrity28

Rather than re-hashing the same old Idzik, CB, Geno crap... here are some general observations/discussion points from the games I'm getting here (Pats vs. Eagles, Saints vs. Titans, Steelers vs. Giants on replay):

• Garrapolo looks legit
  • Patriots (for 2 straight weeks) cannot stop the "move" TE (Reed and Ertz have eaten their secondary alive both in their joint practices and in games
  • Pats have a "sneaky" amount of receiving options, no sexy names, but they look like a better collective group than last year
  • Ertz is going to take a BIG next step, he's on the trajectory that I expect from Amaro (spotty as a rookie, poised for an explosion as a 2nd year guy)
  • Landry Jones looks worse than Tebow throwing the football
  • Shonn Greene will be a backup by week 6
  • Titans have quietly collected a good cluster of young WR talent, if they can develop them they should make Jake Locker look better than he is
  • Did the Steelers change GM in the past couple of years? I feel like that team just keeps getting thinner and thinner on talent, out of character for that organization. They look like they are bringing the exact same weaknesses into this season that they had last year. I could be wrong.

Jalen Saunders is the same type of player.

This isn't relevant to the thread.

Week 2 preseason discussion no?

The Saunders pick was so absurdly silly when a proven guy was on the market who could be our 3rd down guy KR/PR. Instead we waste a fairly decent pick on a guy who can only return punts and overpay for a back who's on the brink of being washed up but still thinks he's awesome.

Realy like what i saw from garoppolo. played really well made smart decisions, looked calm in the pocket and made some great passes.

Jimmy graham is a beast 5 catches 48 yards 2tds against titans tonight

Eagles defense is going to be very bad again this year

Patriots only weakness on defense looks like it will be covering tight end. that secondary with revis browner and mccourty should take care of recievers with ease

Week 2 preseason discussion no?

The Saunders pick was so absurdly silly when a proven guy was on the market who could be our 3rd down guy KR/PR. Instead we waste a fairly decent pick on a guy who can only return punts and overpay for a back who's on the brink of being washed up but still thinks he's awesome.

I was hoping the thread could be about observations around the league. Not "Idzik is stupid because he didn't sign _______ " Grind out your agenda in the other threads, you aren't discussing "week 2" you are bitching about Idzik.

To take you serious for 2 seconds... The Saunders pick is exactly how you add a KR/PR gadget play guy. You draft him. You don't sign him as a free agent... ESPECIALLY when you've got 12 ******* draft picks to use. 

I can't wait for the season to start.

I was hoping the thread could be about observations around the league. Not "Idzik is stupid because he didn't sign _______ " Grind out your agenda in the other threads, you aren't discussing "week 2" you are bitching about Idzik.

To take you serious for 2 seconds... The Saunders pick is exactly how you add a KR/PR gadget play guy. You draft him. You don't sign him as a free agent... ESPECIALLY when you've got 12 ******* draft picks to use. 

I can't wait for the season to start.

Mccluster can play offense though, which happened to be a specific need for this team. Plus he's younger and less expensive than Johnson. And he's playing right now so I figured it's relevant to your thread.

Hoyer and Henne will probably win starting jobs with Manziel and Bortles knocking down the door. 

I think Gus Bradley is more likely to stick to his guns and leave Bortles on the bench all year, Pettine is going to be a slave to the media... just like he was here.

Mccluster can play offense though, which happened to be a specific need for this team. Plus he's younger and less expensive than Johnson. And he's playing right now so I figured it's relevant to your thread.

This whole forum is being overtaken with whining about the mistakes of Idzik, and "we should have signed McCluster" is more of the same.

in spite of how well last year's draft is panning out, all you guys seem capable of is embarrassing yourselves with daily emo. It's time for the level-headed football fans to talk about the league at large... time to enjoy the sport and stop this ******* whining.

Cooks will probably have an insanely productive season in NO.

He's going to have Sproles numbers, possibly a bit better. He's going to be fun to watch. We can't draft and sign everyone, sometimes it's fun to not be miserable with envy and just appreciate what some of these kids come into the league and accomplish.

This whole forum is being overtaken with whining about the mistakes of Idzik, and "we should have signed McCluster" is more of the same.

in spite of how well last year's draft is panning out, all you guys seem capable of is embarrassing yourselves with daily emo. It's time for the level-headed football fans to talk about the league at large... time to enjoy the sport and stop this ******* whining.

I'm not whining. It's legit football discussion. 

Hey, has anyone seen any of the Panthers games? Everything I'm reading about Kelvin Benjamin pretty much goes against all the commentary about him I read here... 

Benjamin is a stud...if he stay's healthy I think he'll win ROY(assuming Bortles doesnt play).

Hey, has anyone seen any of the Panthers games? Everything I'm reading about Kelvin Benjamin pretty much goes against all the commentary about him I read here... 

I saw bits and pieces of the Panthers v Bills game plus some highlights, he's made a few fantastic catches.

Has OBJ even suited up yet lol

yes he hashe practiced fully this week and could have been able to play against the Colts tomorrow night but Tom Coughlin decided to hold him out of tomorrow's game on precaution just to make sure he doesn't reagrivate anything

Coughlin said he will play against the jets next week

So i watched like 8-10 plays when Grappolo was on.

First observation: He was under pressure and somehow gets a illegal hands to the face penalty on the defense. I though that flag would be for intentional grounding. Never showed the replay.

After that

Second observation: Plays really good.

Third observation: Wow  that pocket is so clean.

Fourth observation: If the OL of rest of the league plays like that they would be called for holding every play.

For some reason the refs don't see holding calls when the Pats OL is on the field.

Seahawks are just unreal they have a serious shot at a repeat.

Agreed.

Random observation about them too... I think all 3 of their RB would be top 15 starters if they each played for a different team. They are so loaded with depth it's ridiculous.

Archived