Jets at Bengals - Preseason Week # 2 -- Game Thread

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kind of embarrassing that I am this predictable, because this is 100% true. I opened a bottle of Jameson at kickoff, and you're all reaping the rewards.

I think we've just found JN's new slogan.   "Jetnation.com:  Hit the bottle before you hit the game thread."

Hey, give Idzik a break. All he had was 40 million and 12 draft picks. How can you possibly improve a team with that?

Entirely plausible the Jets could hang 250 yard rushing on the Raiders week 1 and win 13-6.

But from there...

Against teams with decent QBs and good offenses, this defense is gonna get it up. And this offense cannot keep up.

I'm gonna go ahead and predict that the Jets aren't going to hang 250 yards rushing on anyone.

The Jets have a lot to work on but this team has depth. Now depth doesn't matter if the front line guys don't step up. But Geno was very accurate tonight, that is encouraging.

The secondary needs Patterson and Milliner back. And Pryor could be a game changer at safety.

• Upvote 1

I would love to know who is really to blame on the Geno \ Nelson miscommunication.

I always assume the Qb knows the play. He called it. There is no way to prove that the receiver is listening.

Edited by jack48

I always assume the Qb knows the play. He called it. There is no way to prove that the receiver is listening.

nelson was probably distracted, can't blame him after all PAC Man threatened to kill him last time he was in this stadium

so this is the take away in my mind

this team has average, marginal talent, but lacks discipline and shoots themselves in the foot with mistakes too often to win consistently.

very different than last year, lol

I think it was poor timing combined with a mis read of the defense.  I put it mostly on geno

I think it was poor timing combined with a mis read of the defense. I put it mostly on geno

I dunno. I know I've really beaten this drum to death in this thread, but I feel like a third of Geno's picks last year had Nelson breaking off a route at the other end.