NY Jets Report Card: Preseason Game 2 Winners & LOsers

JetNation

report_card1-e1356915934587

Winners

Calvin Pryor: after missing the first pre-season game, rookie 1st round pick Calvin Pryor had an impressive night. Pryor defended two passes, recovered a fumble and had one tackle for a loss. His grit and toughnesss at the safety position makes him a player to watch this season.Calvin Pryor

The Running Backs: with Ivory taking the night off, Johnson & Powell combined for 104 yards on the ground on 14 carries, and Richardson displayed his yards-after-catch ability with a 26 yard reception.

Losers

Kyle Wilson: he may have been a victim of miscommunication in the secondary, but Jets fans have lost their patience with the former 1st round pick. Despite several injuries in the secondary, the Jets still chose not to start him on the outside.

Team Discipline: despite winning the game, the Jets were sloppy and undisciplined, committing numerous personal fouls. Guards Brian Winters and Willie Colon were among the culprits.

Holding the Line

Geno Smith: he overthrew Nelson and that led to a pick, and a 7.5 yards per completion average is not impressive in the least. That said, his accuracy (10 for 13 on the night) and his ability to run the read action have both improved. It’s not quite a step forward, let’s call it half a step.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
GAUbZ4ePIUk

View the full article

I give this report card an incomplete.

Losers:

Stephen Hill continues to not impress despite that one catch. Nelson non factor

S position /Jarrett has not impressed: Get AA and Pryor back there

Winners:

Salas continues to push for a roster spot

Walls with the INT. Didn't hear his name called much which is a good thing

I finally got a chance to watch the game I would say all around we didn't look that bad our dbs need some tweaking for sure but at the end of the day Antonio allen who was playing as a corner vs aj green only allowed one big catch. that's pretty good for someone playing a new position against someone who is a top five at the opposing position. on top of that our running backs looked ok geno looked alright. he needs to improve on his accuracy a little bit there is no reason he should throw a ball to high for sudfeild to reach it. pryor looked amazing he was explosive and made lots of good plays and when he didn't make a play you could still see that number 25 run across the cameras trying to get there before someone else could make the tackle. Brandon Dixon one of our late round picks had decent coverage although he only played in the fourth quarter from what I saw. im expecting us to drop a lot of extra players this year and claim atleast 4 cornerbacks off waivers to throw the dice and see what we get.

Archived