What I find interesting...

BlakeSpenceBlockedPunt

I too would hate to come away from a draft with the DROY, a solid starter at CB with plenty of upside, our starting QB, and OL depth in one year.

You forget to mention that that QB, OL and CB played at the level of literally the worst at their positions in the NFL last season and what you're calling depth and upside is really wishful thinking on your part.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't shoot me for bringing everyone back to the original premise of this post, but now I'm hearing the same rhetoric around Coples that's been said and implied since he got here.  That he's about to explode.  That he's going to have a monster year.  That his stats aren't that bad.  Can he just do it on the field consistently already??

I genuinely do not care whether a player is playing out of position, or any other excuse.  

He was brought in to help this defense and thus far in his career his contribution has been nothing more than mediocre.  He may make a play or two but I've watched every single snap of every single Jets game for over 25 years and I can honestly say that he is not contributing nearly enough.  In fact, he's on the borderline of becoming a problem.

Now he's losing reps to a player that has been making the rounds from team to team (Babin).

I think having a legitimate edge rusher would really help this team.  It's a key ingredient.  Coples mediocre performance is hurting our team.  Period.

You forget to mention that that QB, OL and CB played at the level of literally the worst at their positions in the NFL last season and what you're calling depth and upside is really wishful thinking on your part.

Milliner and Geno both showed improvement.  That's what you ask for from rookies.

This team was left as one of the 2-3 most talent-less teams in the league when Idzik took over.  The only "wishful thinking" is that they'd be competitive this quickly.  To you, "wishful thinking" is acknowledging that 'Rome wasn't built in a day.'

Don't shoot me for bringing everyone back to the original premise of this post, but now I'm hearing the same rhetoric around Coples that's been said and implied since he got here.  That he's about to explode.  That he's going to have a monster year.  That his stats aren't that bad.  Can he just do it on the field consistently already??

I genuinely do not care whether a player is playing out of position, or any other excuse.  

He was brought in to help this defense and thus far in his career his contribution has been nothing more than mediocre.  He may make a play or two but I've watched every single snap of every single Jets game for over 25 years and I can honestly say that he is not contributing nearly enough.  In fact, he's on the borderline of becoming a problem.

Now he's losing reps to a player that has been making the rounds from team to team (Babin).

I think having a legitimate edge rusher would really help this team.  It's a key ingredient.  Coples mediocre performance is hurting our team.  Period.

He had the 2nd most quarterback hits of any OLB in the NFL last year despite only playing as a situational pass rusher. 

Now lets go back to making fun of Shasta and Engraged Michael.

Milliner and Geno both showed improvement.  That's what you ask for from rookies.

This team was left as one of the 2-3 most talent-less teams in the league when Idzik took over.  The only "wishful thinking" is that they'd be competitive this quickly.  To you, "wishful thinking" is acknowledging that 'Rome wasn't built in a day.'

It's still one of the worst rosters in the league after a season there they went 8-8 and objectively were terrible and outclassed for most of the season until the last month where they started to play well against some bad teams. And they have been terrible so far in preseason. Where is the improvement? They had more resources than any team in the NFL this offseason and they haven't improved at all.

It's still one of the worst rosters in the league after a season there they went 8-8 and objectively were terrible and outclassed for most of the season until the last month where they started to play well against some bad teams. And they have been terrible so far in preseason. Where is the improvement? They had more resources than any team in the NFL this offseason and they haven't improved at all.

Completely regardless of whether or not I agree with any of your evaluation at all, by definition there is nothing about this which can be qualified as "objectively".  All of your statements are inherently purely subjective.

I too would hate to come away from a draft with the DROY, a solid starter at CB with plenty of upside, our starting QB, and OL depth in one year.

"CB" awful, and will continue to be awful, "Starting QB" :rl:  :rl:  :rl:  "OL depth in one year" it's only depth if you consider sinking up to your eyeballs and drowning.

Completely regardless of whether or not I agree with any of your evaluation at all, by definition there is nothing about this which can be qualified as "objectively".  All of your statements are inherently purely subjective.

All the advanced metrics had the Jets has 3-4 win team that was extremely lucky to win 8 games last season. Their point differential speaks for itself. 

"CB" awful, and will continue to be awful, "Starting QB" :rl:  :rl:  :rl:  "OL depth in one year" it's only depth if you consider sinking up to your eyeballs and drowning.

Amazing how bad the Jets were last year and it still took 3 INTs in the 4th Quarter for them not to sweep the mighty Patriots.

He had the 2nd most quarterback hits of any OLB in the NFL last year despite only playing as a situational pass rusher

Now lets go back to making fun of Shasta and Engraged Michael.

And that does what exactly? Simple question, how d%mb are you? Who cares how many times he hits the QB if the ball is safely in the receivers hands down field. :rl:   

**** that. I'm not letting you off that easy mister, or missy or whatever the **** you are...

Define "Compare favorably."

They are still not going to be a good football team.  But, they're better than they were when 6-10 was a miracle and on schedule for a team who was in cap hell and terrible and is now trying not to return to cap hell.

I'm not going to talk you out of your own misery, you prefer it anyhow.  But, you are the one with wishful thinking if you expected much more out of the team and situation Tannenbaum left us with and no option but a 2nd round QB from the spread offense who'd never taken a snap under center in his life.

And that does what exactly? Simple question, how d%mb are you? Who cares how many times he hits the QB if the ball is safely in the receivers hands down field. :rl:   

Assuming the ball is safely in the hands of the receivers downfield is pretty ******* dumb. 

Getting a QB hit means the QB was hurried. That, more often than not, leads to bad things for the offense. Learn something about football. 

Define "Compare favorably."

They are still not going to be a good football team.  But, they're better than they were when 6-10 was a miracle and on schedule for a team who was in cap hell and terrible and is now trying not to return to cap hell.

I'm not going to talk you out of your own misery, you prefer it anyhow.  But, you are the one with wishful thinking if you expected much more out of the team and situation Tannenbaum left us with and no option but a 2nd round QB from the spread offense who'd never taken a snap under center in his life.

That was not their only option at QB. I still believe that Teddy Bridgewater is going to make them look like fools. 

That was not their only option at QB. I still believe that Teddy Bridgewater is going to make them look like fools. 

It was their only option last year.

Teddy Bridgewater, if he turns out to be a great QB, will then make a lot of teams look bad.  However, I do not believe this season he will set anything on fire.

And, if the Jets and Geno are as bad as you say they are, they should have a shot at a much better prospect than Bridgewater is/was.

Amazing how bad the Jets were last year and it still took 3 INTs in the 4th Quarter for them not to sweep the mighty Patriots.

And it's too bad for you that the Jets couldn't sweep the Pats last year because it was the weakest team they've had on the field for a long time. This year, well let just say, 8 wins for this years jets this year, a pipe dream.

Teddy Bridgewater, if he turns out to be a great QB, will then make a lot of teams look bad.  However, I do not believe this season he will set anything on fire.

And, if the Jets and Geno are as bad as you say they are, they should have a shot at a much better prospect than Bridgewater is/was.

I actually think Geno will play better this season and the Jets could easily win 4 games. 

Michael lives in a vacuum where the Jets are the only team that ever ****s anything up. 

It's the same mentality that Jets fans always whine about not drafting Marino as if we were the only team that passed on him. 

Ask Chiefs fans how they feel about that. 

And it's too bad for you that the Jets couldn't sweep the Pats last year because it was the weakest team they've had on the field for a long time. This year, well let just say, 8 wins for this years jets this year, a pipe dream.

At this time last year, I'm sure you had the Jets pegged as 8-8 and nearly sweeping the Pats.  No question that is what you thought.

Please, the Jets will struggle to win 6 games.

Michael lives in a vacuum where the Jets are the only team that ever ****s anything up. 

It's the same mentality that Jets fans always whine about not drafting Marino as if we were the only team that passed on him. 

Ask Chiefs fans how they feel about that. 

So that makes it OK to suck and run your team incompetently! Because there are other bad teams too!

I actually think Geno will play better this season and the Jets could easily win 4 games. 

Then great.  You have an improved Geno, and the option to stick with him and take the top CB, or the top pass rusher, or the top WR or bail on Geno and take a top QB.  Then, in round 2, you get a solid offensive lineman and the biggest weaknesses on this team start to disappear.

But, if Geno plays well enough that you don't go into next season needing a QB, this team will be just fine.

Archived