Manziel flips off Redskin sidelines on MNF

Jetsfan80

I said that it was ballsy by Idzik (and several GMs) to leave Manziel and Bridgewater on the board because I think both have a chance to be good. I personally didnt think the Jets should draft Manziel because this organization doesn't have the best atmosphere for reining in problem children. Bridgewater, with Adrian Peterson and Norv Turner, is in a good spot. I still don't like that Idzik didn't cover his bases on Geno, and has risked another year (minimum) on his development. If he's not the goods, we're screwed. Are you people aware how close we are to having Jason Campbell quarterbacking the 2015 New York Jets?

What do you mean he didn't "cover his bases" with Geno?  Don't his offseason acquisitions to try to help him count for anything?

I think we're a lot closer to Brett Hundley, Marcus Mariota, or Geno himself QB-ing the Jets in 2015 than we are Jason Campbell.  If we do go the free agent route, there are better options than Campbell in 2015.  Tom Brady, Carson Palmer, Jake Locker and Brian Hoyer are all scheduled to be UFA's after the season.  Alex Smith is another option if he has a bad season and the Chiefs decide to go with Aaron Murray.  And who knows who gets cut. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived