Rex gets criticized by Bengals coach

faba

I am gonna root for my team and hope for the best. I have no input on what happens. It is a short season so I enjoy every week no matter what happens. Of course I want them to win but I still have to go to work every Monday and deal with life's real problems. U on the other hand seem to not be able to let it go. Only hurting yourself bro.

This is fact - the Jets are in the Entertainment Industry. It's as if some of these "fans" act like it's a Justin Beiber concert!!!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How stupid is this stuff?  Granted I think it's a bit much the way the Jets have been patting themselves for this preseason win, but what is the difference between seeing how your third string guys blitz and how they defend the pass? It's all important to see right now. 

by the way I'm becoming an IK fan everybody.  Those arms, his use of his hands, his blocked punt, his name. Hopefully we found a gem here. 

This is practice time, every team prepares the way they see fit. Do we now have etiquette and unwritten rules for how we play football? This isn't baseball, what a pussy.

Not blitzing against the first unit and then going all out against a kid that's never played before is more pussy football than anything. The Jets looked bush league on Saturday, I'm sorry. Between the penalties and keeping the varsity in to try and save face looked dumb. The Jets were getting their asses kicked and got annoyed and took it out against scrubs.

Not blitzing against the first unit and then going all out against a kid that's never played before is more pussy football than anything. The Jets looked bush league on Saturday, I'm sorry. Between the penalties and keeping the varsity in to try and save face looked dumb. The Jets were getting their asses kicked and got annoyed and took it out against scrubs.

It was Jets scrubs against Bengals scrubs, seems fair to me

The Jets had their starters in till halftime

The Bengals chose to prepare for the season in the way that they did and the Jets did the same, I don't see the issue.  What about that blocked punt in the 4th quarter, that was just uncalled for with a young punter out there. How dare they.

The Bengals chose to prepare for the season in the way that they did and the Jets did the same, I don't see the issue. What about that blocked punt in the 4th quarter, that was just uncalled for with a young punter out there. How dare they.

The Jets aren't getting any better by blitzing their starters against guys who won't be in the league. It's a crap way to prepare if you ask me...

The Jets aren't getting any better by blitzing their starters against guys who won't be in the league. It's a crap way to prepare if you ask me...

Oh shut up. 

Rex had a plan and chose to blitz when he did. 

He has no control over how long the Bengals leave their starters in. 

rex left his starters in for a reason.  it may have been confidence, revenge or just the plan.  we don't know. 

blitzing ahead of that secondary against dalton would have been suicide.

blitzing the young guys may have been a try-out as the defense is in desperate need of a pass rusher

either way, this started happening what, 10 years ago, so you need to be ready

this isn't a scripted scrimmage

We threw the base/routine defense - where we're trying out a pair of new corners in particular - to defend their starters, which is what they'd be doing most often. Then after that exposure opportunity is over (Bengals' starters out of the game) Ryan tries out some the cute stuff (i.e. blitzing). What the hell is the big deal? 

Just trying to imagine if Belichick did this against us and it was Ryan crying to the media about it. Why is it that I think the same Jets fans here, siding with Lewis & co for complaining, would be siding against Ryan if he & his coaches - never mind the players - were the ones with the same complaints? Why do I think that? And that it would walk right into the narrative about what a passive bunch of pussies he is turning the players into despite all the tough talk and blah blah blah. 

If it was a game filled with late hits, and dirty stuff meant to cause injuries, that's one thing. But trying out plays against live competition is what the preseason is for. Lewis looks a grade-A pussy here.

Yeah I do.

Because I understand the reason for preseason games and you clearly do not.

I'd prefer us practice our defensive schemes against other starters. Not against a QB who's going to be stocking shelves in two weeks. Our first unit got embarrassed by their first offense. They throw in a Ryan Lindley wannabe and Rex feels big again.

I'd prefer us practice our defensive schemes against other starters. Not against a QB who's going to be stocking shelves in two weeks. Our first unit got embarrassed by their first offense. They throw in a Ryan Lindley wannabe and Rex feels big again.

Stop projecting your own insecurities onto our head coach. It's beyond ridiculous at this point. You've become a parody of Tom Shane and I didn't think that was even possible. 

Stop projecting your own insecurities onto our head coach. It's beyond ridiculous at this point. You've become a parody of Tom Shane and I didn't think that was even possible.

It's beyond ridiculous yet the team we played took issue with it. A team whose starters destroyed our defense.

It's beyond ridiculous yet the team we played took issue with it. A team whose starters destroyed our defense.

Never mind that there isn't a shred of evidence that suggests there is a single other person in the world outside of you and the Bengals OL coach who gives a flying **** about this.  That's assuming that you aren't simply using this as another excuse to be an intolerable crybaby and were apparently so clearly aware of this supposedly grave injustice as the game went on, despite not having a word to say about it until now.

Never mind that there isn't a shred of evidence that suggests there is a single other person in the world outside of you and the Bengals OL coach who gives a flying **** about this. That's assuming that you aren't simply using this as another excuse to be an intolerable crybaby and were apparently so clearly aware of this supposedly grave injustice as the game went on, despite not having a word to say about it until now.

I thought it made us look silly. Having the starters in to beat up on backups has always been looked at as silly at every level. The second the 3rd strong Qb came in we started sending the blitz...with our full first unit in the game still.

You and Klecko are intolerable. Neither of you are moderators yet you comb the board lashing out at people you disagree with. Get a day job or something, my god. Or at least ask Max to hire you. Or go be a crossing guard...something productive.

I thought it made us look silly. Having the starters in to beat up on backups has always been looked at as silly at every level. The second the 3rd strong Qb came in we started sending the blitz...with our full first unit in the game still.

You and Klecko are intolerable. Neither of you are moderators yet you comb the board lashing out at people you disagree with. Get a day job or something, my god. Or at least ask Max to hire you. Or go be a crossing guard...something productive.

:rl:

Don't lump me with that cranky old man, Bleedin' Green. 

Never mind that there isn't a shred of evidence that suggests there is a single other person in the world outside of you and the Bengals OL coach who gives a flying **** about this. That's assuming that you aren't simply using this as another excuse to be an intolerable crybaby and were apparently so clearly aware of this supposedly grave injustice as the game went on, despite not having a word to say about it until now.

It's amazing that no matter who says what--NFL coaches, players, or Rex himself--the fanbase hurries to form a human shield around this organization and everything involved with it whenever there's a shred of criticism thrown their way.

So by "intolerable" you mean "make me look like a fool on a regular basis and I can neither handle that or argue football points based on facts and statistics because my knowledge and understanding of the game is rudimentary compared to BG and Klecko so instead I lash out like a petulant 4-year-old whenever they call me on my bullsh*t."

So by "intolerable" you mean "make me look like a fool on a regular basis and I can neither handle that or argue football points based on facts and statistics because my knowledge and understanding of the game is rudimentary compared to BG and Klecko so instead I lash out like a petulant 4-year-old whenever they call me on my bullsh*t."

Not sure how I'm lashing out. Just discussing football...you just don't like other viewpoints clearly.

It's amazing that no matter who says what--NFL coaches, players, or Rex himself--the fanbase hurries to form a human shield around this organization and everything involved with it whenever there's a shred of criticism thrown their way.

This is a no negativity or get banned or steam rolled by the masses board now. accept it

Archived