Giants rookie Williams says Giants are the real New York team

faba

By Charles Curtis | NJ.com 
Follow on Twitter 
on August 20, 2014 at 9:49 AM, updated August 20, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Giants rookie running back Andre Williams has a great sense of timing.

With the annual Giants-Jets preseason tilt at MetLife Stadium approaching, Williams declared (via The Post's George Willis), "I think the Giants are the real New York team."

Hey, Rex Ryan -- care to weigh in on that before Friday?

A better question: Would you expect Williams to say anything differently about his own team? Though he doesn't know much about a Giants-Jets rivalry, he's jumping right in.

"This is my first year and I’m not too sure about what’s going on with the rivalry thing. But there’s definitely a different feeling this week than last week. I’m just trying to buy into it."

Williams told Willis he grew up rooting for Jets running back Curtis Martin (along with future Hall of Famer Adrian Peterson) and only discovered football when his brother played -- he mentioned his parents are Jamaican immigrants, so he didn't watch the game all that much while growing up.

Williams knows he and the rest of the offense need a confidence-buildng this week as the regular season approaches fast.

"We've got a lot of work to do," he said. "But our backups did a great job keeping the energy up. It was great to see the areas we need to improve on in the offense. That’s what we’re looking to do.”

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's actually pretty funny that he's basically admitting he's just blindly talking sh*t for the hell of it.  Whatever though, not really a big deal and whether we like it or not, the Giants certainly have more room to talk.  Although, that said, both teams are decidedly mediocre at this point.

The Jets should've drafted Andre Williams. But that implies that there is one person in that building who has any idea what they are doing when it comes to drafting offensive players. They drafted guys who will never play a down for them over him. 

tumblr_mrfi70L28v1sezoa7o1_500.gif

Good.  Let them be NY's team.  We dont need anyone's respect. We just need to win.

Yeah, I remember when the Jets of 1981-82 used to manhandle the Giants and this and what stadium they played in was never an issue.

Id have to agree with Williams. the Giants are the better teaM. the Jets are just getting some of their own medicine which they bring upon themselves.

I don't really give two sh*ts, but i could just imagine the uproar if a Jets player had made this statement.  Circus, blah, big mouths, blah, it's Rex's fault, blah blah blah blah. 

Why do you think opposing teams are talking mad sh*t about the Jets now? lol the Jets are reaping what they sow. I hope they can take it as well as they dish it out. theyll look more professional, for once.

The Jets should've drafted Andre Williams. But that implies that there is one person in that building who has any idea what they are doing when it comes to drafting offensive players. They drafted guys who will never play a down for them over him. 

This has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.  Go puke negativity in the other threads.  

By Charles Curtis | NJ.com 

Follow on Twitter 

on August 20, 2014 at 9:49 AM, updated August 20, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Giants rookie running back Andre Williams has a great sense of timing.

With the annual Giants-Jets preseason tilt at MetLife Stadium approaching, Williams declared (via The Post's George Willis), "I think the Giants are the real New York team."

Hey, Rex Ryan -- care to weigh in on that before Friday?

A better question: Would you expect Williams to say anything differently about his own team? Though he doesn't know much about a Giants-Jets rivalry, he's jumping right in.

"This is my first year and I’m not too sure about what’s going on with the rivalry thing. But there’s definitely a different feeling this week than last week. I’m just trying to buy into it."

Williams told Willis he grew up rooting for Jets running back Curtis Martin (along with future Hall of Famer Adrian Peterson) and only discovered football when his brother played -- he mentioned his parents are Jamaican immigrants, so he didn't watch the game all that much while growing up.

Williams knows he and the rest of the offense need a confidence-buildng this week as the regular season approaches fast.

"We've got a lot of work to do," he said. "But our backups did a great job keeping the energy up. It was great to see the areas we need to improve on in the offense. That’s what we’re looking to do.”

Rex simply needs to put that in Pryor's ear right before they hit the field. 

Why do you think opposing teams are talking mad sh*t about the Jets now? lol the Jets are reaping what they sow. I hope they can take it as well as they dish it out. theyll look more professional, for once.

Mad sh*t?   Other than the Bengals whining about the blitzing, I have not heard much.  This is literally less than nothing.  

Just thinking out loud.  If I was on the Giants and wanted to talk smack before playing the Jets, I'd probably not want to be the guy in the position that's going to tangle head-on with the DL.  I wouldn't be completely shocked if Williams is blowing snot-bubbles and talking to Elvis at some point.

Just thinking out loud.  If I was on the Giants and wanted to talk smack before playing the Jets, I'd probably not want to be the guy in the position that's going to tangle head-on with the DL.  I wouldn't be completely shocked if Williams is blowing snot-bubbles and talking to Elvis at some point.

Snacks commented on it. This kid is gonna get knocked around a little extra. 

Mad sh*t?   Other than the Bengals whining about the blitzing, I have not heard much.  This is literally less than nothing.  

Its only been two games, they've only played one so far. thats 2-2 this pre-season. how much more would you expect?

Its only been two games, they've only played one so far. thats 2-2 this pre-season. how much more would you expect?

If "we're the real NY team" is "mad sh*t" then your standards are pathetic.  That sh*t was going on with the Giants since before the Tuna.  If that bothers you, you'd be reduced to tears by a true trash talk master.  

In the last game that mattered, the Victor Cruz game back on Xmas Eve 2011, Ryan's  team lost because 1. HIS DEFENSE allowed Cruz to score a TD that was an embarrassment and .2 the Jjets' offense couldn't mount a few decent scoring drives.One team then went onto the playoffs and a championship, the other had Santonio Holmes act like a total ahole in Miami.  The rest is details.

Brag on Mr. Footsie. That's all you good at.

If "we're the real NY team" is "mad sh*t" then your standards are pathetic.  That sh*t was going on with the Giants since before the Tuna.  If that bothers you, you'd be reduced to tears by a true trash talk master.  

OMG you are going overkill with this. the Jets sucked last year. the Giants have kicked the Jets ass in 2007 and 2011 reg season games and won the super bowls both years. when the Jets used to beat the sh*t outta the Giants in 81-82 nobody on either side gave a sh*t. so this is about me now? lolololol roller coaster! the Jets bring this upon themselves.

And youre still whining about Parcells? still? maybe you preferred Kotite? he was way better!

In the last game that mattered, the Victor Cruz game back on Xmas Eve 2011, Ryan's  team lost because 1. HIS DEFENSE allowed Cruz to score a TD that was an embarrassment and .2 the Jjets' offense couldn't mount a few decent scoring drives.One team then went onto the playoffs and a championship, the other had Santonio Holmes act like a total ahole in Miami.  The rest is details.

Brag on Mr. Footsie. That's all you good at.

WAIT! WE DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT THAT! THATS NEGATIVE!

Archived