Giants rookie Williams says Giants are the real New York team

faba

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see that. you ever hear of that saying you reap what you sow?

Yes I have, and its not at all applicable to this situation.  No one on the Jets is losing sleep over this.  Meanwhile the Giants continue to operate like they are the ones with the inferiority complex.  Every year they can't help themselves but say something about the Jets, whether any Jet players or coaches have said a single thing or not.

Again, it's more humorous than anything.  The NFL is about entertainment and things like this add to it.  But they have no real impact on the games themselves.

Conveniently ignored is the fact that the Jets initiated the sh*t talking the past few years. it is undeniable. but now we're going to put whip cream on a big steaming pile of sh*t and say it tastes like a hot fudge sundae. got it!

We will take your word for that one.

Except in the last 3-4 years, the Giants have talked waaaay more sh*t than the Jets. 

So much so, in fact, that the Jets are trash talkers narrative is now a fallacy. 

Comical, at least the Giants have actually won something in the last 45 years. You know the difference between most Giant and Jet fans?????,,,,,,,,,,,at least 50 I.Q. points. Or to put in terms you may better understand, you know how in the movie Twins. Arnold got all the good genes, and Danny DeVito got the left over crap?   

Comical, at least the Giants have actually won something in the last 45 years. You know the difference between most Giant and Jet fans?????,,,,,,,,,,,at least 50 I.Q. points. Or to put in terms you may better understand, you know how in the movie Twins. Arnold got all the good genes, and Danny DeVito got the left over crap?   

tom-brady-18.jpg

I'm sorry, but who really gives a ****?  And I'm talking either way.  For crying out loud, the kid outright admitted that he knew nothing of the situation and was just talking trash for the fun of it, before citing Curtis Martin as who he grew up watching.  Trying to turn this into some bigger story in either direction is such a ridiculous stretch.

I'm sorry, but who really gives a ****?  And I'm talking either way.  For crying out loud, the kid outright admitted that he knew nothing of the situation and was just talking trash for the fun of it, before citing Curtis Martin as who he grew up watching.  Trying to turn this into some bigger story in either direction is such a ridiculous stretch.

Yep. 

anyone hear lupica today ?

it was all about the jets "chirping"

the media doesn't need to let facts get in the way of a good narrative, lol

with that said, it was a golden opportunity for rex to take the high road and show HE has learned on the job but.....

whiff !

anyone hear lupica today ?

it was all about the jets "chirping"

the media doesn't need to let facts get in the way of a good narrative, lol

with that said, it was a golden opportunity for rex to take the high road and show HE has learned on the job but.....

whiff !

Lupica is a ****. His voice is almost as annoying as Steve A. Smith's. 

Not to mention that Andre Williams hasn't won jack. 

He wasn't those teams so what is his excuse?

The Jets have won.....? I hate typing that sentence. But that's reality.

This is embarrassing. Our HC, the leader of the Jets, is getting into silly banter with some rookie halfback on some other team. It's simply pointless.Not end of the world, circus, dogs and cats living together. But Rex Ryan awlays gets carried away with nonsense. Not sure it detracts form his job really. But it's something few if any other coaches bother themselves with.  

The Jets have won.....? I hate typing that sentence. But that's reality.

This is embarrassing. Our HC, the leader of the Jets, is getting into silly banter with some rookie halfback on some other team. It's simply pointless.Not end of the world, circus, dogs and cats living together. But Rex Ryan awlays gets carried away with nonsense. Not sure it detracts form his job really. But it's something few if any other coaches bother themselves with.  

LOL! Keep fighting the good fight!

By Charles Curtis | NJ.com 

Follow on Twitter 

on August 20, 2014 at 9:49 AM, updated August 20, 2014 at 9:55 AM

All Stories |

Giants rookie running back Andre Williams has a great sense of timing.

With the annual Giants-Jets preseason tilt at MetLife Stadium approaching, Williams declared (via The Post's George Willis), "I think the Giants are the real New York team."

Hey, Rex Ryan -- care to weigh in on that before Friday?

A better question: Would you expect Williams to say anything differently about his own team? Though he doesn't know much about a Giants-Jets rivalry, he's jumping right in.

"This is my first year and I’m not too sure about what’s going on with the rivalry thing. But there’s definitely a different feeling this week than last week. I’m just trying to buy into it."

Williams told Willis he grew up rooting for Jets running back Curtis Martin (along with future Hall of Famer Adrian Peterson) and only discovered football when his brother played -- he mentioned his parents are Jamaican immigrants, so he didn't watch the game all that much while growing up.

Williams knows he and the rest of the offense need a confidence-buildng this week as the regular season approaches fast.

"We've got a lot of work to do," he said. "But our backups did a great job keeping the energy up. It was great to see the areas we need to improve on in the offense. That’s what we’re looking to do.”

I don't know what that "New York team" bullsh*t means anyway. Probably means the media likes you better. The stadium is filled every week.

Archived