Sign in to follow this  
Jetsfan80

Roster Building: Jets roster 2014 vs. 2012

Nice post and all...but it would be nearly impossible for the roster not be improved from 2012- which you could make the argument was the worst offense the NFL saw this decade.

You're not allowed to say that.

Most of these say "even". Most of them should say "inconclusive". 

I appreciate the effort you put into this. People are going to tear it to shreds... LOL

That is actually an argument that you could make, pudsteak

Odds are I'd abuse you enough for it to be fap worthy for you.

I'd like to hear specific examples where Idzik has gone wrong given the information at hand when he made the decisions.  Should he have outbid the Raiders for Austin Howard?  Was investing a top 10 pick in Milliner the right call?  Was there not enough of an emphasis on offensive line with our Day 1/2 picks in the last 2 drafts?  Should we have gone after a G like Asamoah in free agency?

There was nothing he could have done to make everyone happy.

Get out of here with this stupidity. He could've built a good, competitive team. A good team would make everyone happy. This isn't a good team. 

A good, competitive team wouldn't make you hate your life less. 

By signing better players, trading for better players and drafting better players with the resources he had available to him. I'm not the GM, he is. 

You're an idiot.

My life is fine, thanks for the insight. Now do you have a point?

Well, I stand corrected. You probably have a great life, albeit at the expense of everyone around you.

Do I have a point? Heh, do you?

Why are you posting if you have no actual points other than to insult people? Go away. 

Get out of here with this stupidity. 

What value is there in that? You have to judge on actual results. 

But you aren't judging on actual results. You are judging based on preconceived notions and impetuous stupidity. 

That is were we differ. You think the jets actual results are great because you're perfectly fine with mediocrity. I'm sure you had an 8-8 party last year because when you win 8 games with a 3 win roster that's a victory to you.  You think winning 8 games in proof of "Idzik's plan coming together." And when they go 8-8 or worse this season you'll find a reason to delude yourself into thinking it was a great season again.

LOL, have you actually ever read my posts before? Serious question. 

Idzik is doing a great job of building depth and closing the gap between the Jets starters and backups.    Right now the Jets have the best 2's in the NFL.....wonderful.   

Where is the top end talent?    Is Amaro going to be the next Graham or Gronkowski?   is milliner the next Peterson?  

Right now Idzik has built a great JV team.   Let me know when we have the best Varsity squad b/c right now this team is an afterthought in the discussion of superbowl contenders.  

Are you ******* kidding me? Amaro hasn't even played a down, Milliner is coming into his second season. This sh*t doesn't happen over night, wtf is wrong with you people?

it's ok to agree with the strategy and disagree on the tactics.   Yes the Jets needed to rebuild, I'm just not a believer in the high volume low ceiling approach - it actually reminds me a lot of Mangini.  

The jets could have signed any number of CB's this off-season and chose not to.   they could have had revis but chose not to b/c of personal issues.   ok, no problem just don't trot old dimitri patterson out there and tell me he's the best you could do.  

I see Evans, Enunwa, and Sanders.  Personally I would have preferred Jordan Mathews.   I see yet another 1st rd DB and yet the secondary is the weakest part of the team.   

Let's let this season play out and have the same discussion.   it's easy to nitpick right now since there really isn't much else going on.   

Ummm... yeah, seeing how these guys play in the first couple of seasons of their career seems fair. Glad you thought of it.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

This was an exceedingly deep WR draft, the Jets drafted 3 WR's and they won't get anything out of any of them. That's a travesty. 

tumblr_mbte43LIHr1rouox3o1_500.gif

I'm not even talking about Beckham. He hasn't played yet. 

This was an exceedingly deep WR draft, the Jets drafted 3 WR's and they won't get anything out of any of them. That's a travesty. 

So Jets rookie WRs haven't played = won't ever get anything out of them. Travesty.

Giants rookie WR hasn't played = not talking about it.

Clown.

The mystery surrounding Saunders and Evans is definitely what's adding to the frustration. These were two guys we needed to play this year considering how weak we were at the wr position. Amaro seemingly having his head up his rear isn't encouraging either

McDougle we knew was injury prone but he gets a pass at least.

This entire post is ludicrous. I just pee'd a little laughing at how ludicrous it is. Did I mention it's ludicrous?

LMAO you think that the duds the Jets drafted are in the same league as Beckham. Thats funny . 

Yeah, that's exactly what I said. 

Don't forget Enunwa. Another dud who might not even make the roster. 

Idzik should have used all 12 of his draft picks on first rounders, but only the ones that are guaranteed to be the next Jimmy Graham in their rookie years. I don't know why he didn't. 

It wasn't judging results that kept him here, it was misjudging results. 

Oh wow. You are a special kind of stupid.

• Upvote 1

I like how you're just following me around the boards sh*tting up threads with insults and content-less posts. Is that what you find fun?

It's funny because you're accusing me of doing what you're doing. 

Riley Cooper sucks. 

Watching the Steelers/Eagles game. Had to tell someone. 

Steelers offense looks terrible. Antonio Brown is literally all they've got.

• Upvote 1

I haven't been paying close attention; has Markus Wheaton shown anything? 

No. He looked really out of sync with Ben last night especially.

I have the opportunity to keep him in the 12 round this year, and again in the 7th if he pans out next year. I'm actually tempted to just drop him and use the 12 rounder on whoever might fall to me. He's not a value there anyway, that's his ADP round on most sites I look at.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company