Antonio Allen Suffers Concussion In Loss To Giants

JetNation

Antonio Allen Punt Block

Antonio Allen has entered the NFL concussion protocol according to New York Post beat writer Brian Costello.  This is bad news for the Jets as Allen was being tried out at the CB position due to a banged up secondary.  The Jets’ top three corners (Dee Milliner, Dmitri Patterson, and Dexter McDougle) are all out with various injuries. Desperate for depth at the position, the Jets had been auditioning Allen in each of the last two pre-season games.  This creates yet another hole in an already thin secondary.

Rex Ryan was pleased with Allen’s performance against the Giants.

I was happy with Antonio Allen until he (was injured). He’s in the concussion protocol right now. I thought he was playing well until friendly fire got him. I told him that he was going to get some opportunities to make some plays when they throw the ball down the field on us.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
wXit1PzfjGg

View the full article

thankfully we play the raiders week one

Yes. Having the Radiers fly across the country for a 1pm game on the east coast, that is good for the Jets.  They can't screw it up. Have to get a W in week one.

Yes. Having the Radiers fly across the country for a 1pm game on the east coast, that is good for the Jets.  They can't screw it up. Have to get a W in week one.

not to mention their offense isn't really that good and they don't have especially good receivers. If we had to play a team with our depleted secondary this is one of the ones you'd pick.

It's the Jets Phil. You/I both know this will come down to last minute and our guts will be churning :(

Milliner, Patterson and Allen need to be healthy for our secondary to have a shot at being decent here.

I agree but I'm not convinced Patterson is any kind of improvement over the rest of what we have.  Milliner and Allen are definites though.  We need them horribly.  

I agree but I'm not convinced Patterson is any kind of improvement over the rest of what we have.  Milliner and Allen are definites though.  We need them horribly.  

front 7 will be challenged by Rex  to handle load/go 110% until CBs healthy

front 7 will be challenged by Rex  to handle load/go 110% until CBs healthy

I know and they will do a good job of it 90% of the time but there's always that third down we get burned on because our blitzers don't run a 4.0 40 and cannot get to the QB as fast as the WR can beat our CB in man to man.  It happens at least twice a game.

After last night I feel pretty good about our team but I don't see us doing very well against a team with a good o-line.

Patterson, did we ever get a more clear explanation than the 'various leg ailments'? That guy is a total waste of time.

And Allen is gonna be back soon. No worries.

thankfully we play the raiders week one

Patterson was a bad move on Idzik's part, and it's showing... We need to bring in another starting-caliber corner before week 1 one way or another. 

We should bring in another corner to start opposite Millner and use Wilson in the slot where he belongs, then put Allen back at safety, where he belongs. The whole Allen to corner change is a huge desperation move. 

Like neckdemon said, we're playing the Raiders week 1 with Schaub at the helm... We shouldn't rush Milliner back if he isn't ready. If we bring in another corner we should be OK for one week, letting Milliner recover fully.

Patterson was a bad move on Idzik's part, and it's showing... We need to bring in another starting-caliber corner before week 1 one way or another. 

We should bring in another corner to start opposite Millner and use Wilson in the slot where he belongs, then put Allen back at safety, where he belongs. The whole Allen to corner change is a huge desperation move. 

Like neckdemon said, we're playing the Raiders week 1 with Schaub at the helm... We shouldn't rush Milliner back if he isn't ready. If we bring in another corner we should be OK for one week, letting Milliner recover fully.

what NFL caliber starting CB we bring in.. who is available and if u suggest a trade..who/what we give up?

Archived