Would you offer up Vick to the Rams?

Matt39

This is why I loveeeee the Sanchez-in-Philly story so much, because of all the furious backtracking from Rex supporters it's causing. Now, 1. Sanchez is a desirable, high-value commodity that can be called upon to save a franchise's season and 2. Brian Schottenheimer is actually a really good OC. Awesome. Simply awesome.

You love it because you love to hate the Jets. No reasonable fan would root for the team to have made a poor decision by letting a franchise QB go.  Personally I don't think they made a poor decision to let him go and still think he's a bad QB. Barkley may just be worse, plus he doesn't have anywhere near Sanchez's experience (including playoff experience).

Your second point is vintage Shane: thinking you're intelligently showing the fallacy of a claim no one has made. This is the only type of argument you can win.

Just like your made-up backtracking that is not even going on. Those who thought Sanchez was good before think so again. Those who thought he sucked before still think it. If you're backtracking, then it's on you.

Sanchez is hardly a high-value commodity. 48 hours ago, the Rams would have had no interest in bringing Sanchez to the team.  Only desperation would cause them to even look his way.  

So far he is merely showing to be a better option than Matt Barkley to save a franchise's season. In Philly, if Foles gets hurt, trading Sanchez means Barkley would then be next up. You remember Barkley, right? The QB that was hand-picked by the kingmaker but he's horribly failed to develop? 

Sanchez is still a bad QB. Putting up some numbers (including an vintage would be Sanchez-6 if starters were out there) and only while no one is gameplanning against him: this does not trump 4+ years of what we saw here. He's had good games here as well. Doesn't make him a good QB any more than parts of preseason games against trash.

That you would love it if an opportunity-lost presented itself, more than the team making a correct decision, is what you're all about. It's ok, we all know it. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read it back to yourself.

Anyone who coaches the Jets you're gonna find some fault with and anyone who coaches somewhere else you are going to fawn over.

You are the king of thinking the grass is greener. Go suck Darrell Bevell's cock some more.

Yeah, I get down on coaches that don't win. It's a thing.

You love it because you love to hate the Jets. No reasonable fan would root for the team to have made a poor decision by letting a franchise QB go. Personally I don't think they made a poor decision to let him go and still think he's a bad QB. Barkley may just be worse, plus he doesn't have anywhere near Sanchez's experience (including playoff experience).

Your second point is vintage Shane: thinking you're intelligently showing the fallacy of a claim no one has made. This is the only type of argument you can win.

Just like your made-up backtracking that is not even going on. Those who thought Sanchez was good before think so again. Those who thought he sucked before still think it. If you're backtracking, then it's on you.

Sanchez is hardly a high-value commodity. 48 hours ago, the Rams would have had no interest in bringing Sanchez to the team. Only desperation would cause them to even look his way.

So far he is merely showing to be a better option than Matt Barkley to save a franchise's season. In Philly, if Foles gets hurt, trading Sanchez means Barkley would then be next up. You remember Barkley, right? The QB that was hand-picked by the kingmaker but he's horribly failed to develop?

Sanchez is still a bad QB. Putting up some numbers (including an vintage would be Sanchez-6 if starters were out there) and only while no one is gameplanning against him: this does not trump 4+ years of what we saw here. He's had good games here as well. Doesn't make him a good QB any more than parts of preseason games against trash.

That you would love it if an opportunity-lost presented itself, more than the team making a correct decision, is what you're all about. It's ok, we all know it.

Accuse me of arguing hypotheticals while using a thousand words to argue how I hypothetically feel about the Jets. Vintage Sperm.

And if Kelly were coaching the Jets, you'd be bitching about he couldn't adjust his offense to suit Michael Vick and how he doesn't pay enough attention to defense. 

You've grown predictable and tiresome.

#kinglike

Accuse me of arguing hypotheticals while using a thousand words to argue how I hypothetically feel about the Jets. Vintage Sperm.

You are arguing hypotheticals. No one has made the "points" you're arguing against, and then laughing at the logic of these never-made points is just the cherry on top.

And it's not hypothetical that you love for the Jets to lose which will cause Ryan to get fired. You have admitted as much yourself. Nothing hypothetical about it.

McCown getting a starting job only proves how stupid and desperate the Bucs are. 

Every year there are stupid and desperate teams.  The Bucs are stupid and desperate seven times every decade. 

Well yeah, but Vick's career was a bit better than Sanchez's heading into 2014.

It's not that he can't benefit. It's that it's a pussy move. His goal is for someone to say, "Mark Sanchez we want you to be our team's starting QB." So there's a team out there that is desperate for a starter in the 11th hour and his reply is, "No thanks, I'll hold a clipboard and pray someone gets injured.

Yes, but he is much younger and somebody may think he has some upside.  Hairband aside, Sanchez also does not have any horrific past that will cause picketing outside the stadium.  I do not think it is a pussy to move to not want to take the Rams job without an extension.  I would not want to go to that mess and face the Seahawk and 49er defenses twice each without some assurances. If the Rams wanted him, they should have beaten the Eagles offer during the offseason and not bet on Sam Pennington lasting the season. 

He's right guys..

8G1c8yt.png

You know what will make me laugh?

Now that the whole league has had time to really break down film on Nick Foles, he gets exposed as a flash in the pan by throwing about 12 picks in five games causing the ever-fickle Philly fan base (nice alliteration) to scream for Sanchez to start only for Sanchez to turn into his usual, worthless butt-fumbling self now that the clock has struck midnight on the preseason and sh*t counts for real. 

That will make me giggle my mother****ing ass off as I bump this thread to absolutely torture Tom Shane. 

You are arguing hypotheticals. No one has made the "points" you're arguing against, and then laughing at the logic of these never-made points is just the cherry on top.

And it's not hypothetical that you love for the Jets to lose which will cause Ryan to get fired. You have admitted as much yourself. Nothing hypothetical about it.

I love for the Jets to win, which explains my Parcells man-love. I have never once rooted for the Jets to lose. If there's evidence of that anywhere in the decades of posting I've done (kill me, btw), I'd like to see it.

Back on topic, I don't think you'd advise Sanchez to take the Rams job were it offered to him.

You know what will make me laugh?

Now that the whole league has had time to really break down film on Nick Foles, he gets exposed as a flash in the pan by throwing about 12 picks in five games causing the ever-fickle Philly fan base (nice alliteration) to scream for Sanchez to start only for Sanchez to turn into his usual, worthless butt-fumbling self now that the clock has struck midnight on the preseason and sh*t counts for real.

That will make me giggle my mother****ing ass off as I bump this thread to absolutely torture Tom Shane.

I want a .wav file of you giggling for my ringtone, stat.

I love for the Jets to win, which explains my Parcells man-love. I have never once rooted for the Jets to lose. If there's evidence of that anywhere in the decades of posting I've done (kill me, btw), I'd like to see it.

Back on topic, I don't think you'd advise Sanchez to take the Rams job were it offered to him.

You've rooted for the team to finish with 3 wins this year. What is that, if not rooting for the team to lose?  Parcells was ancient history and, while a good coach, he made numerous critical mistakes himself as the HC here that you've excused over & over as though they never happened.  Oddly enough, one of my criticisms of him is similar to yours with Ryan: his bark was worse than his bite.

Back on topic:

Yes I would advise Sanchez to take the job IF he was any good. It's a starting QB job that's very available. They have multiple receiving threats. The OC - whatever anyone's opinion is of him - knows Sanchez's biggest weaknesses (which I believe to be throwing a football under duress, but put that aside for now).  Their last QB was doing well before getting injured yet again. Their no-talent backup QB last year was still at least positive on the TD:INT ratio. They have a stud RB who will take a lot of heat off the passing game, and just drafted another in Mason who can take dumpoffs and make something happen with them. They just took another tackle with their #2 overall pick, following using the #8 pick last year on Austin.

Is it the best situation in the NFL? No. There are far worse situations, though. A good QB could go in there and do some damage, and those receiving options would then seem much different (read: better).

A lot of the rationale to the clipboard being a better situation is the automatic assumption that, in a real game against good starters where gameplanning is being done by the opposing D, that Philly Sanchez would be completing 80% of his passes like he did against a bunch of incompetents in preseason.

Again 1 season, 1 QB, and he didn't make VIck into a King...

Using your methodology, we'd be running the #1 defense every year with Rex

And he chose Vick over Foles in the preseason.  There was a competition, he went with Vick.  Clearly he knew exactly what he was going to get from Foles.

are you doubting the kingmaker?

Is Kelly the king maker?  If so, then yes, I am.  I'd like to see him do it again and sustain it.  If I'm not mistaken, he beat 2 teams with a winning record last year and both those teams were missing their starting QB.  That said, the NFCE is terrible so they should win that division easily.

I remember when T0m Shane was in love with Rex Ryan.  So it doesnt suprise me that he has a hard-on for the new sexy man on the scene.  Thats kind of his thing.  And he's proven over the years he doesnt really have a good grasp on the game, so him getting excited about Mark Sanchez sticking it to the Jets by tearing up during the ever so important preseason doesnt suprise me one bit. 

Is Kelly the king maker?  If so, then yes, I am.  I'd like to see him do it again and sustain it.  If I'm not mistaken, he beat 2 teams with a winning record last year and both those teams were missing their starting QB.  That said, the NFCE is terrible so they should win that division easily.

I remember when T0m Shane was in love with Rex Ryan.  So it doesnt suprise me that he has a hard-on for the new sexy man on the scene.  Thats kind of his thing.  And he's proven over the years he doesnt really have a good grasp on the game, so him getting excited about Mark Sanchez sticking it to the Jets by tearing up during the ever so important preseason doesnt suprise me one bit. 

Well, the Cowboys have lost in week 17 in each of the last 3 seasons to the NFC East Champion. Based on that alone, I would place my money on the Redskins this year!

T0mShane needs a kingmaker of message board posters

You've rooted for the team to finish with 3 wins this year. What is that, if not rooting for the team to lose? Parcells was ancient history and, while a good coach, he made numerous critical mistakes himself as the HC here that you've excused over & over as though they never happened. Oddly enough, one of my criticisms of him is similar to yours with Ryan: his bark was worse than his bite.

Back on topic:

Yes I would advise Sanchez to take the job IF he was any good. It's a starting QB job that's very available. They have multiple receiving threats. The OC - whatever anyone's opinion is of him - knows Sanchez's biggest weaknesses (which I believe to be throwing a football under duress, but put that aside for now). Their last QB was doing well before getting injured yet again. Their no-talent backup QB last year was still at least positive on the TD:INT ratio. They have a stud RB who will take a lot of heat off the passing game, and just drafted another in Mason who can take dumpoffs and make something happen with them. They just took another tackle with their #2 overall pick, following using the #8 pick last year on Austin.

Is it the best situation in the NFL? No. There are far worse situations, though. A good QB could go in there and do some damage, and those receiving options would then seem much different (read: better).

A lot of the rationale to the clipboard being a better situation is the automatic assumption that, in a real game against good starters where gameplanning is being done by the opposing D, that Philly Sanchez would be completing 80% of his passes like he did against a bunch of incompetents in preseason.

I've predicted 7-9 for the 2014 season. I don't want them to win only three games, nor do I think they will win six games. The conversation I believe you're trying to recall was a discussion over whether it would be better for the Jets to go 6-10/7-9 OR totally collapse to 3-13.

We disagree on the Rams job. Bradford's stats were inflated by playing against the same sh*tty Atlanta defense that Geno lit up, then Jacksonville and Houston. That's a bad team in a bad spot and, given the option, no young QB with options would willingly go to, and Sanchez will have options at the end of this year.

I've predicted 7-9 for the 2014 season. I don't want them to win only three games, nor do I think they will win six games. The conversation I believe you're trying to recall was a discussion over whether it would be better for the Jets to go 6-10/7-9 OR totally collapse to 3-13.

We disagree on the Rams job. Bradford's stats were inflated by playing against the same sh*tty Atlanta defense that Geno lit up, then Jacksonville and Houston. That's a bad team in a bad spot and, given the option, no young QB with options would willingly go to, and Sanchez will have options at the end of this year.

Hence you are rooting for the team to totally collapse and go 3-13. Just like you are rooting for Sanchez to do well. Not because of an excusable reason like your liking him, which you don't, but because you feel it will prove that his sucking was all Ryan's fault.

Re Bradford: Every team has bad defenses they play against. You're making it sound like all they will do in 2014 is play the 49ers and Seahawks for 16 weeks.  Sanchez has chosen to hold a clipboard instead of going to a team that needs a starter right now. And funniest of all is that he's made this decision before the Rams even asked (and further assumes they would have).  Kellen Clemens had a higher passer rating for the Rams last year than Sanchez ever finished with for the Jets. The situation would be considered less awful if they had a good QB. But Sanchez doesn't believe that he is that good QB.

He is a PUSSY if he chooses the clipboard over a starting job, and it is the clipboard that he has chosen. Not to mention he's reduced to rooting for his teammate to get injured, because if Foles plays all 16 games his options will be in choosing from 2015 backup jobs.

If I were the Jets I would not offer up Vick.  For the same reasons why the Washington D.C. Football Club is not offering up Kirk Cousins.   Both need a capable back up should the starter falter.  Difference is Geno has looked pretty good in the preseason.  Griffin III not so much.   Not withstanding that if I were the GM of the Washington Football Club, I would offer up Cousins to get some of the picks lost in the trade for RGIII. 

Hence you are rooting for the team to totally collapse and go 3-13. Just like you are rooting for Sanchez to do well. Not because of an excusable reason like your liking him, which you don't, but because you feel it will prove that his sucking was all Ryan's fault.

Re Bradford: Every team has bad defenses they play against. You're making it sound like all they will do in 2014 is play the 49ers and Seahawks for 16 weeks.  Sanchez has chosen to hold a clipboard instead of going to a team that needs a starter right now. And funniest of all is that he's made this decision before the Rams even asked (and further assumes they would have).  Kellen Clemens had a higher passer rating for the Rams last year than Sanchez ever finished with for the Jets. The situation would be considered less awful if they had a good QB. But Sanchez doesn't believe that he is that good QB.

He is a PUSSY if he chooses the clipboard over a starting job, and it is the clipboard that he has chosen. Not to mention he's reduced to rooting for his teammate to get injured, because if Foles plays all 16 games his options will be in choosing from 2015 backup jobs.

The problem with this theory is the 3rd option.  He wants them to give him a deal if they are going to trade for him and expect him to start.  Sanchez is on a one year $2.25M contract.  He does have a bunch of incentives he might reach with the Rams.  Depends how it is worded.  I would want more money or incentives to start over with that mess this late in the day. 

Hence you are rooting for the team to totally collapse and go 3-13.

"you don't like spaghetti, hence you're rooting for Italy to sink into the ocean"

Just like you are rooting for Sanchez to do well. Not because of an excusable reason like your liking him, which you don't, but because you feel it will prove that his sucking was all Ryan's fault.

This part is true.

Re Bradford: Every team has bad defenses they play against. You're making it sound like all they will do in 2014 is play the 49ers and Seahawks for 16 weeks. Sanchez has chosen to hold a clipboard instead of going to a team that needs a starter right now. And funniest of all is that he's made this decision before the Rams even asked (and further assumes they would have). Kellen Clemens had a higher passer rating for the Rams last year than Sanchez ever finished with for the Jets. The situation would be considered less awful if they had a good QB. But Sanchez doesn't believe that he is that good QB.

There are going to be plenty of teams needing a QB next year--as there always are--and Sanchez is going to be one of the top free agents on the market, especially if Foles continues to play well. Somebody will pay him, huge, even if he never takes a snap this year. I don't think he earns an extra penny by showing some machismo playing for Schottenheimer on a going-nowhere team.

"you don't like spaghetti, hence you're rooting for Italy to sink into the ocean"

This part is true.

There are going to be plenty of teams needing a QB next year--as there always are--and Sanchez is going to be one of the top free agents on the market, especially if Foles continues to play well. Somebody will pay him, huge, even if he never takes a snap this year. I don't think he earns an extra penny by showing some machismo playing for Schottenheimer on a going-nowhere team.

No, if you believe they will be 7-9 and are rooting for them to be worse, you are rooting for them to lose. Your analogy, as usual, makes no sense. 

So your take is:

2011: Sanchez blows the season

2012: Sanchez horrible from start to finish

2013: Sanchez sucks in preseason, then misses the regular seaoson

2014: Sanchez very good in preseason against trash defenders, then holds a clipboard for 16 games

2015: Will be one of the top free agents on the market, and great teams with starting QB vacancies will be in bidding wars over him?

:rl:

If he doesn't see the field his best offer will be either a show-me deal or a hold the fort deal for a team that just drafted someone else. No good team, promising team, or team in a great situation is handing Mark Sanchez a multi-year deal for big bucks with these past 3-4 years as the most recent entries on his résumé (the last of which he did nothing but hold  a clipboard and shy away from a perceived challenge).

The only way he gets a multi-year deal for any kind of real money is if he does a good job on the field in games that count. Holding a clipboard gets him nothing.

If the team is going nowhere with Sanchez it's because Sanchez will take them nowhere. St.Louis is hardly an elite team (no elite team would be interested in Sanchez to start for them), but they have a decent enough defense, a solid ground game, and some receiving options.  

I will concede that the only place where he could "go places" with is a team that goes to the postseason despite his presence. For that reason only, he may be better off holding a clipboard. But it's still an enormous pussy move.

That utter disdain for Sanchez is comical. Anyone blaming 2012 on him is silly...that team was DOA the second Sporano was hired.

From 09-11 Sanchez was below average, but workable IMO going forward. Skills wise, there are far worse options in the league.

That utter disdain for Sanchez is comical. Anyone blaming 2012 on him is silly...that team was DOA the second Sporano was hired.

From 09-11 Sanchez was below average, but workable IMO going forward. Skills wise, there are far worse options in the league.

Skills wise there are far worse options than Stephen Hill. 

Archived