Would you offer up Vick to the Rams?

Matt39

Sanchez is poop.

Fun article: http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/32198/mark-sanchez-notches-record-low-qbr

The Jets quarterback and former first-round pick recorded an abysmal 0.6 QBR in Week 4. It was a record for a quarterback with at least 40 plays. FormerOakland Raiders quarterback Andrew Walter (0.9) held the previous mark. 

Thats not a misprint. a ZERO POINT SIX QBR.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, if you believe they will be 7-9 and are rooting for them to be worse, you are rooting for them to lose. Your analogy, as usual, makes no sense.

Where did I root for them to be worse? Or is this another one of those things where you imagine the thoughts I had in my mind and then proceed to impugn me for those imagined thoughts?

So your take is:

2011: Sanchez blows the season

2012: Sanchez horrible from start to finish

2013: Sanchez sucks in preseason, then misses the regular seaoson

2014: Sanchez very good in preseason against trash defenders, then holds a clipboard for 16 games

2015: Will be one of the top free agents on the market, and great teams with starting QB vacancies will be in bidding wars over him?

:rl:

If he doesn't see the field his best offer will be either a show-me deal or a hold the fort deal for a team that just drafted someone else. No good team, promising team, or team in a great situation is handing Mark Sanchez a multi-year deal for big bucks with these past 3-4 years as the most recent entries on his résumé (the last of which he did nothing but hold a clipboard and shy away from a perceived challenge).

The only way he gets a multi-year deal for any kind of real money is if he does a good job on the field in games that count. Holding a clipboard gets him nothing.

If the team is going nowhere with Sanchez it's because Sanchez will take them nowhere. St.Louis is hardly an elite team (no elite team would be interested in Sanchez to start for them), but they have a decent enough defense, a solid ground game, and some receiving options.

I will concede that the only place where he could "go places" with is a team that goes to the postseason despite his presence. For that reason only, he may be better off holding a clipboard. But it's still an enormous pussy move.

My "take" is that teams think Chip Kelly is a better QB coach than anyone the Jets rolled out there and will take that into account when deciding Sanchez's value after the season.

Where did I root for them to be worse? Or is this another one of those things where you imagine the thoughts I had in my mind and then proceed to impugn me for those imagined thoughts?

My "take" is that teams think Chip Kelly is a better QB coach than anyone the Jets rolled out there and will take that into account when deciding Sanchez's value after the season.

You clearly do want the team to be 3-13. You take too much pleasure in any misfortunes, both real (actual losses) and perceived (Sanchez). 

Who will take what into account with Sanchez's value after a year of clipboard holding? Chip Kelly? All Kelly has done is placed Sanchez below Foles and above Barkley on his depth chart. There are no leaks of locker room grumblings from players or coaches that Sanchez should be the starter.

Disagree. Hill will be out of football after this year.

Skills wise he got drafted high. If the Jets didn't take him, someone else would have.

There are others you could use in place of Hill's name anyway, as there are plenty of players now and in the past who have good skills and weren't good players.

You clearly do want the team to be 3-13. You take too much pleasure in any misfortunes, both real (actual losses) and perceived (Sanchez).

I take pleasure in money, women, and good chicken parm. As it relates to the Jets, I look at what they've done, what I think they're going to do, and think about why they're going to do as such. Mostly, I focus on why they probably won't win a Super Bowl in any given year. This does not equate to "wanting" them to finish 3-13. That's something you transposed in your mind.

Who will take what into account with Sanchez's value after a year of clipboard holding? Chip Kelly? All Kelly has done is placed Sanchez below Foles and above Barkley on his depth chart. There are no leaks of locker room grumblings from players or coaches that Sanchez should be the starter.

Do the Rams want Sanchez or not? Is Chip Kelly giving Sanchez up? For how much? This is valuation. We'll see what he's worth at the end of the season.

No, if you believe they will be 7-9 and are rooting for them to be worse, you are rooting for them to lose. Your analogy, as usual, makes no sense. 

So your take is:

2011: Sanchez blows the season

2012: Sanchez horrible from start to finish

2013: Sanchez sucks in preseason, then misses the regular seaoson

2014: Sanchez very good in preseason against trash defenders, then holds a clipboard for 16 games

2015: Will be one of the top free agents on the market, and great teams with starting QB vacancies will be in bidding wars over him?

:rl:

If he doesn't see the field his best offer will be either a show-me deal or a hold the fort deal for a team that just drafted someone else. No good team, promising team, or team in a great situation is handing Mark Sanchez a multi-year deal for big bucks with these past 3-4 years as the most recent entries on his résumé (the last of which he did nothing but hold  a clipboard and shy away from a perceived challenge).

The only way he gets a multi-year deal for any kind of real money is if he does a good job on the field in games that count. Holding a clipboard gets him nothing.

If the team is going nowhere with Sanchez it's because Sanchez will take them nowhere. St.Louis is hardly an elite team (no elite team would be interested in Sanchez to start for them), but they have a decent enough defense, a solid ground game, and some receiving options.  

I will concede that the only place where he could "go places" with is a team that goes to the postseason despite his presence. For that reason only, he may be better off holding a clipboard. But it's still an enormous pussy move.

Are you a lawyer?

I take pleasure in money, women, and good chicken parm. As it relates to the Jets, I look at what they've done, what I think they're going to do, and think about why they're going to do as such. Mostly, I focus on why they probably won't win a Super Bowl in any given year. This does not equate to "wanting" them to finish 3-13. That's something you transposed in your mind.

Do the Rams want Sanchez or not? Is Chip Kelly giving Sanchez up? For how much? This is valuation. We'll see what he's worth at the end of the season.

Ah, but you have already stated that franchises are already falling over themselves to place their team's fortunes in him. In reality, though, he's just a backup QB. Just like he was 30 days ago.

And you take too much pleasure in the Jets' perceived failures to write it off as anything else. While he was on the team you couldn't stand Sanchez as the QB. Now that he's off the team, and doing well against no defenses, you're taking joy in this perceived missed opportunity. If one believed this success he's having to be truly genuine, a fan of the team would be saddened by this. Even angry. You're thrilled by it. You feel it vindicates your misery.

I went on plenty about Sanchez when he was here, but after he left I didn't start threads about the reports of initial lousy practices he had. It didn't matter. But despite having no actual success (other than beating out Barkley for the #2 job) you "loveeeee" Sanchez supposedly doing so well elsewhere. Only someone who didn't like the team would take such pleasure in this perceived failure.

JMO. No offense.

Ah, but you have already stated that franchises are already falling over themselves to place their team's fortunes in him. In reality, though, he's just a backup QB. Just like he was 30 days ago.

And you take too much pleasure in the Jets' perceived failures to write it off as anything else. While he was on the team you couldn't stand Sanchez as the QB. Now that he's off the team, and doing well against no defenses, you're taking joy in this perceived missed opportunity. If one believed this success he's having to be truly genuine, a fan of the team would be saddened by this. Even angry. You're thrilled by it. You feel it vindicates your misery.

I went on plenty about Sanchez when he was here, but after he left I didn't start threads about the reports of initial lousy practices he had. It didn't matter. But despite having no actual success (other than beating out Barkley for the #2 job) you "loveeeee" Sanchez supposedly doing so well elsewhere. Only someone who didn't like the team would take such pleasure in this perceived failure.

JMO. No offense.

I'm a huge Jets fan. Huge.

This is why I loveeeee the Sanchez-in-Philly story so much, because of all the furious backtracking from Rex supporters it's causing. Now, 1. Sanchez is a desirable, high-value commodity that can be called upon to save a franchise's season and 2. Brian Schottenheimer is actually a really good OC. Awesome. Simply awesome.

Wow. Where's your buddy dbatesman to be upset about hypotheticals as fact?

Is there one person on this board who sees Sanchez as a high-value commodity, and Schottenheimer as a really good OC? One? I think it would've been tough if I stuck an "or" in there, instead.

Wow. Where's your buddy dbatesman to be upset about hypotheticals as fact?

Is there one person on this board who sees Sanchez as a high-value commodity, and Schottenheimer as a really good OC? One? I think it would've been tough if I stuck an "or" in there, instead.

With all due respect, I don't want to revisit this. I'm disgusted that I allowed CTM to turn this into a Rex thing.

Curious, however, would you personally advise Sanchez to go to the Rams or stay with Philly?

Sometimes the pussy move is the smart move.

Sanchez not wanting the Rams job is a pussy move but the best one for his career. It's a high risk minimal reward job because it's a bad team in a tough division with an OC as horrible as he is at QBing like Dominator mentioned.

Sanchez keeps a clipboard while staying healthy while adding another year between memory of his bad seasons from the present. The fact that Sanchez is in media discussions demonstrate short memory by those involved

With all due respect, I don't want to revisit this. I'm disgusted that I allowed CTM to turn this into a Rex thing.

Curious, however, would you personally advise Sanchez to go to the Rams or stay with Philly?

I'd advise him to try to keep the Eagles backup job - whether he was totally balling there or not. He's under contract for decent money, and if he manages to not suck (or simply not play) during the regular season this year, he could be in line for a starting job/contract next season.

Another season as a starter under Schotty isn't likely to lead to those type of results.

Archived