Dimitri Patterson went AWOL.

T0mShane

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't remember Revis ever mentioning retirement, can you provide the link?   

it sucks that this team actually looks good in preseason and instead of Revis or  DRC on one side of the field our starting CB is $21M in unused cap space.   

I don't remember revis being an option.  you don't believe mehta's hack piece of fiction, do you ?  lol   even cimini puked on it

Yet Idzik didn't see the need to add a quality corner this offseason.. LOL

dex looked promising. 

I think it would be more accurate to say he mis- judged the market and moved too deliberately and got left holding the bag.  you are just making sh*t up know when you say he didn't see the need

dex looked promising. 

I think it would be more accurate to say he mis- judged the market and moved too deliberately and got left holding the bag.  you are just making sh*t up know when you say he didn't see the need

Dex did, but we knew going in he was injury prone. With how weak the AFC is...kinda sh*tty we're scrambling for bodies...while we actually had a lot of cap to play with this offseason. Thurmond, Munnerlyn would have been good signings for us. Paying a little more to at least have a quality starter is better than having nothing. Patterson has sucked his entire career.

Dex did, but we knew going in he was injury prone. With how weak the AFC is...kinda sh*tty we're scrambling for bodies...while we actually had a lot of cap to play with this offseason. Thurmond, Munnerlyn would have been good signings for us. Paying a little more to at least have a quality starter is better than having nothing. Patterson has sucked his entire career.

yeah I had thurmond on my radar.  idzik just froze up and the signings happened before he even picked up his phone

Just saw this. This is insane and terrible. I was confused on Friday night, it sounded like he was going to play.

This is not good....really hurts the team., especially in week one if Milliner is out. They can't just give him a slap on the wrist even if he did come back now. I never heard of a player doing this.

This is what happens when you give a guy #24...Patterson is just doing his best job of imitating Revis holding out.

Well, spontaneous human combustion was officially ruled out.  That would have been an entirely understandable excuse.  In my book, if the guy resurfaced he was in a position to advise the team (either personally or through his agent) of the problem beforehand. Short of going up in a fireball or resurfacing in multiple hefty bags in the Hackensack swamp, it is inexcusable.  He's a grown fricking man.  Looking for sympathy?  It's right there in the dictionary between $hit and syphilis. 

What if his wife cut off his penis and threw it out the window of a moving car?

dex looked promising. 

this is my thought as well. this would also explain reaching for mcdougle a coupla rounds sooner than most thought. idzik knew he had a diamond in the rough with mcdougle, and after not landing a competent free agent corner, he couldn't miss the mcdougle pick. mcdougle injury ,milliner injury, pattersons play/mia action, I would bet john would love a do over concerning the corner back situation

Munnerlyn was never an option. Minnesota never let him get out the door.

The list of cornerbacks that were "never an option" just keeps on growing. Makes me wonder why everyone kept telling me to be patient, if they knew that every corner out there wasn't an option to begin with.

The list of cornerbacks that were "never an option" just keeps on growing. Makes me wonder why everyone kept telling me to be patient, if they knew that every corner out there wasn't an option to begin with.

I happen to like the "not a good fit. more of a zone corner" excuse,myself

this is my thought as well. this would also explain reaching for mcdougle a coupla rounds sooner than most thought. idzik knew he had a diamond in the rough with mcdougle, and after not landing a competent free agent corner, he couldn't miss the mcdougle pick. mcdougle injury ,milliner injury, pattersons play/mia action, I would bet john would love a do over concerning the corner back situation

Idk dude. He continually signs and drafts guys with a long history of injuries. Now, the only position that is completely his doing is like a mash unit. This is what happens when you sign and draft players that have injury histories.

Looking at it now probably should have just brought back Cro instead of signing mr AWOL

Cromartie should have been the absolute floor this free agency. In reality the Jets still could have used another one too.

Looking at it now probably should have just brought back Cro instead of signing mr AWOL

Despite his injured season last year, he has been great in prior years here. He wanted to stay a Jet. And he came cheap. Zero reason we dumped him for Patterson with zero upside. 

Everyone reasoned that Cro sucked last season, and that his hip may be worse than we thought.. and that he would never return to form. So lets get Patterson instead!!! Awesome.

Patterson was just playing a Cover 2. Rex will talk to him and let him know we play man to man here.

Archived