Dimitri Patterson went AWOL.

T0mShane

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking Patterson realized he's finished.

And please Idzik don't make a deal. Give this team P Peterson and they're still only an 8-8 team. Let them go down in flames get another top pick and a real coach for next year.

doubt the jets would cut him.  he looked like sh*t, but they are so thin he probably makes 4 game checks at least.  if he makes the jets cut him, he gets to keep any guaranteed money, right ?

quitting kills his career

if he did retire, this goes up there with all time weird jets sh*t

Cut him this is ridiculous the Jets are dumb for allowing him back with the team

This. You don't live up to your obligations you are no longer a New York Jet. Taking him back sends the wrong message. He sucks anyway. Declaring this a-hole in breach of contract is the move. 

told ya, wife or gf I bet

Dimitri Patterson to return to the Jets today

Posted by Mike Florio on August 24, 2014, 4:44 PM EDT

The mystery involving Jets cornerbackDimitri Patterson soon will end.  That doesn’t mean it’s been completely solved.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus tells PFT that Patterson will return to the Jets later today.  Patterson was absent from the team on Friday and on Saturday.  He missed Friday night’s preseason game against the Giants.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Patterson was absent for personal reasons, and there are no lingering issues or problems that would need to be addressed.  The Jets, of course, may disagree with that, given Patterson’s decision to not show up for work and to fail to let anyone know why he’d be absent.

Much of it depends on whether the Jets accept the explanation that Patterson inevitably provides when he returns for work.  Whatever the Jets decide to do, cutting Patterson probably won’t be an option, given that the Jets have serious needs at the cornerback position.

In his 10th NFL season, Patterson joined the Jets this year after spending 2012 and 2013 with the Dolphins.  He also has played for the Browns, Eagles, Chiefs, Vikings, and Washington.

This. You don't live up to your obligations you are no longer a New York Jet. Taking him back sends the wrong message. He sucks anyway. Declaring this a-hole in breach of contract is the move. 

people are human,, until we know reason, it would be odd to self judge..

for all we know it could be family related and he reacted in maybe not best way..

told ya, wife or gf I bet

Dimitri Patterson to return to the Jets today

Posted by Mike Florio on August 24, 2014, 4:44 PM EDT

The mystery involving Jets cornerbackDimitri Patterson soon will end.  That doesn’t mean it’s been completely solved.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus tells PFT that Patterson will return to the Jets later today.  Patterson was absent from the team on Friday and on Saturday.  He missed Friday night’s preseason game against the Giants.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Patterson was absent for personal reasons, and there are no lingering issues or problems that would need to be addressed.  The Jets, of course, may disagree with that, given Patterson’s decision to not show up for work and to fail to let anyone know why he’d be absent.

Much of it depends on whether the Jets accept the explanation that Patterson inevitably provides when he returns for work.  Whatever the Jets decide to do, cutting Patterson probably won’t be an option, given that the Jets have serious needs at the cornerback position.

In his 10th NFL season, Patterson joined the Jets this year after spending 2012 and 2013 with the Dolphins.  He also has played for the Browns, Eagles, Chiefs, Vikings, and Washington.

I bet we never find out.  they let "personal reasons" stand for a lot of things

for all we know it could be family related and he reacted in maybe not best way..

I agree. Some things are more important than football and a bunch of jackholes on the internet.

Idzik knows Jets arent SB ready in 2014 and wont commit large part of sweet cap he has accumulated until he thinks the whole roster is intact for consistent playoff runs. Then he wil lover spend of the one/two holes team has on roster,, Spend when you feel the transaction may propel u to SB in that year. I have felt all along, after almost making playoffs w/rookie QB in 2013, that IF Jets /Geno did well/made playoff sin 2014, that Idzik would use the cap he has in 2015 Free Agency. I am pretty sure that has been plan all along.

Why overspend in 2014 to make us a 9 or 10 win team, when waiting till next year (as team jells) could mean 12-13 Ws. IMHO, which is worthless ;)

According to Jets reporters, the organization has received word that Patterson is physically okay, but have not been in contact with him personally. What makes this even stranger was that he was at the stadium on Friday for the game but then vanished.

Spontaneous human combustion?

But, it is still his JOB right? I've actually never been employed by any company that I could just say "**** it," not going in and not calling in for days. Maybe I'm just too responsible, I don't know ...

But, it is still his JOB right? I've actually never been employed by any company that I could just say "**** it," not going in and not calling in for days. Maybe I'm just too responsible, I don't know ...

You are just not entitled. 

Or if you're an adult, you quit. The Jets are so desperate for corners they have decided to cut him some slack. That's a mistake. 

Idzik knows Jets arent SB ready in 2014 and wont commit large part of sweet cap he has accumulated until he thinks the whole roster is intact for consistent playoff runs. Then he wil lover spend of the one/two holes team has on roster,, Spend when you feel the transaction may propel u to SB in that year. I have felt all along, after almost making playoffs w/rookie QB in 2013, that IF Jets /Geno did well/made playoff sin 2014, that Idzik would use the cap he has in 2015 Free Agency. I am pretty sure that has been plan all along.

Why overspend in 2014 to make us a 9 or 10 win team, when waiting till next year (as team jells) could mean 12-13 Ws. IMHO, which is worthless ;)

don't spend money on a position of need. instead, save the money until you are super bowl ready? no offense but, I don't know what to say to this. spending good money on decker? good move.improves the team. spending loose change on the corner position? good move.dont spend until you are thinking super bowl. which one is it?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but start The Wagger over him and cut his azz. He is sewage without any other issues and this puts him way over the edge.

From 2011 to 2013, he missed 33 games due to injuries - good God - this should define cutting your losses.

Yep, don't the Jets have $30MM in cap space?

Who will be the Jets starting CB's come opening day?

well what you won't see when you ain't got a gun to shoot it with ... long time dude

The answer to your question is yet undetermined .... but Mr. Idzik had better be on every phone in his office rather than camped out on his recliner this Sunday night

Archived