Amazing Kyle Wilson stat (for all you Kyle Wilson fans)

T0mShane

That stat is unreal.

He used to be able to hide a bit with Revis and Cro...but teams have started picking on him more and more over the last couple seasons. He's really bad. If he was a gambler who gets burned trying to get int's I'd somewhat get it...but he hasnt made a single play in 5 years that is worth noting.

boy im tellin ya

when the real games start here is the scouting report :

Offense : spread them out and find wilson, patterson or harris and throw the ball

Defense: get colon or winters to fight you on 3rd down

boy im tellin ya

when the real games start here is the scouting report :

Offense : spread them out and find wilson, patterson or harris and throw the ball

Defense: get colon or winters to fight you on 3rd down

You know, this isnt far off. 

The more telling statistic for me?

The New York Jets are without their #1, #2, and #3 cornerbacks, and former first round pick Kyle Wilson is still playing in the slot.  

Currently playing on the outside is an experimental convert safety, and a Journeyman whose longest stint with any of the eight clubs he has "played for" was 3 months (Bears, February to May...which is the off-est part of the off-season you can be in). 

on edit: Lankster can't play slot? or is Wilson that bad on the outside?

Cool stat. Pull up some of his PFF analysis of the games that actually matter.

Right.  PFF is what really matters.  Stupid eyeballs keep telling me he still can't get his head around and  is useless after three seconds in coverage.  I should probably just read the PFF metrics and forget watching the games. 

The New York Jets are without their #1, #2, and #3 cornerbacks, and former first round pick Kyle Wilson is still playing in the slot.  

Currently playing on the outside is an experimental convert safety, and a Journeyman whose longest stint with any of the eight clubs he has "played for" was 3 months (Bears, February to May...which is the off-est part of the off-season you can be in). 

o3Ya9SB.gif

on edit: Lankster can't play slot? or is Wilson that bad on the outside?

I thought Wilson played pretty good on the outside the year revis went down

I thought Wilson played pretty good on the outside the year revis went down

I'd have to imagine the thought of playing him outside has come up in coach's meeting.  They signed a guy from Canada for Chrissake, and took an up-and-coming safety from his comfort zone. 

If the plan is to play him outside during the regular season, they sure are going about it funny. 

I'd have to imagine the thought of playing him outside has come up in coach's meeting.  They signed a guy from Canada for Chrissake, and took an up-and-coming safety from his comfort zone. 

If the plan is to play him outside during the regular season, they sure are going about it funny. 

not for nuthin, but, the jets seem to go about things "funny" in a lot of situations over the years.

Cool stat. Pull up some of his PFF analysis of the games that actually matter.

In his case, these games did matter. The Jets are extremely depleted at corner. This was an opportunity for him to step up and he played like crap instead.

Archived