Dimitri Patterson Suspended For Remainder Of Preseason

Maxman

That Idzik didn't go after Cro for that money tells you everything you need to know about how Idizik feels about Cromartie. 

Cro is going to get targeted and shredded so much playing opposite Peterson, he will be in a walker by week 4.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole signing is leaving Idzik with egg on his face. Signing Patterson for 3 mil when he could have had Cro for 3.5, so you get a player with less talent, less experience in Rex's system, and now all of this drama that isn't worth the trouble for a player who all in all might not even be good enough to make the roster.

The way Cro played last yr, he wasn't even worth vets min. He was ranked like 106th CB out 110 or something.

Without Sherman, Seattle doesn't even make the playoffs. Not sure why Geno (GENO) was brought up but a SB winning team just paid QB money to a CB to prove u wrong.

yeas a team with a good QB wich Geno is not yet thats why they pay the CB that money and I don't think they go to the SB without their QB

That and the perceived lockerroom cancer thing spelled his doom.

Idzik is not going to go after and pay "me first" guys.

Yeah because Patterson has showed us why he's so much better than Cro and why he's not at all a cancer.  

It's one thing to cut Cro for all the reasons stated, it's another to bring in a guy to replace him who missed 33 games in the past 3 seasons and has been on 7 teams in 9 seasons.  And has started only 20 games out of 78 in his career.     As bad as Cro was, the guy still played 16 games. And said he wanted to be a Jet.

Patterson couldn't even play preseason games due to injuries and then went AWOL and now the Jets have all this drama because of it.  Just cut the guy, but the reality is,  Idzik made a bad choice by only really adding Patterson to the secondary.  And it blew up in his face.  Lets hope some players step it up and Milliner comes back healthy and plays great.   But if the Jets secondary stinks and Cro has a halfway decent season in AZ,  Idzik looks bad.

Chances that Dimitri Patterson will be on the Jets roster next week: Roughly 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% #nyj

Wasnt this the same guy who predicted Idzik would make trades on final day of the draft or he would hitchhike home.

Just saying his pulse on what Idzik is going to do is way off.

That and the perceived lockerroom cancer thing spelled his doom.

Idzik is not going to go after and pay "me first" guys.

Idzik brought in Gooden, Patterson, CJ2K, and Babin.    All 4 certainly seem like "me first" guys.    I don't think Johnson even knew the score of the games in Tennessee....only how many carries / yds he had. 

they are only "me first" when the Jets swing and miss.   the guys the Jets sign are reformed.  

Idzik brought in Gooden, Patterson, CJ2K, and Babin. All 4 certainly seem like "me first" guys. I don't think Johnson even knew the score of the games in Tennessee....only how many carries / yds he had.

they are only "me first" when the Jets swing and miss. the guys the Jets sign are reformed.

I don't recall Goodson or Patterson being me first guys before they were signed

I don't recall Goodson or Patterson being me first guys before they were signed

you are kidding right?   If you skip a game because you aren't happy with your position on the depth chart you are a de facto me first guy.    

Both of those guys had tons of baggage before signing.   Either Idzik signed them anyway or he didn't do any due diligence before signing them.  

you are kidding right?   If you skip a game because you aren't happy with your position on the depth chart you are a de facto me first guy.    

Both of those guys had tons of baggage before signing.   Either Idzik signed them anyway or he didn't do any due diligence before signing them.  

What baggage did Patterson have before he signed?  The only thing I ever saw was his injury history.  When did either of them skip a game because they were unhappy with their position on the depth chart?  Patterson denies that now, but it was well after he signed.

Cut Patterson. The guy has called out Rex and Idzik basically calling them liars. Cut his ass. 

For anyone wanting to cut Patterson please read this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1765411

I hope our FO is smarter and keep Patterson because at this point with the season starting next Sunday there is not much talent of the even the level of Patterson that is going to be able for immediate plug and play. So for a JETS fan and the FO hope he regains his health and starts in Week 1.

What Dom said - the key point of my post was BEFORE they were signed by Idz. Also, did you read the article where Patterson's former teammates were shocked by him being AWOL? Doesn't sound like a guy with a me first history to me.

As far as Goodson, proved to be irresponsible and an alcoholic, but that doesn't make him a me first guy before Idz signed him,

What baggage did Patterson have before he signed?  The only thing I ever saw was his injury history.  When did either of them skip a game because they were unhappy with their position on the depth chart?  Patterson denies that now, but it was well after he signed.

In 2012, however, Patterson's play came back down to the expected levels, leading to the Browns waiving Patterson with just two game remaining in the season. Reports at the time indicated Patterson was not "a team guy" and that the three year contract he signed before the season had "changed him."

http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/7/5/4495448/dolphins-roster-breakdown-dimitri-patterson

Archived