The Shoulder of Burden: Pennington?s Surgery and 2005

JetNation

This is a shame because Chad needs to work and get his feel for this new offense. Even if he bounces back quickly, he still misses a lot of work.

Damn Jets.

Why did Hermy play him down the stretch with a torn rotator cuff?

Should have had his surgery in November and not February.

Same Old Jets.

You mean like Hermy's play-calling at the end of the Steelers game? :wink:

Well Hackett called the plays but yes that calling was conservative.

Funny how Herm gets rid of the coach who everyone agreed sucked and yet Herm is still a sell out in many peoples eyes!

Hermy needs to figure out where the buck stops.

Pretty sure he did. Then he told Hackett bu-bye.

Agreed though, there are no more excuses for Herm. Dinger has the O, Donnie has the D. Herm has a nice lounge chair for the sidelines during the game.

Pretty sure he did. Then he told Hackett bu-bye.

Agreed though, there are no more excuses for Herm. Dinger has the O, Donnie has the D. Herm has a nice lounge chair for the sidelines during the game.

seems to me that herm has no clue about strategy whatsoever

... they didn't KNOW he had a torn rotator-cuff when he played at the end of the year ... that would have been a stupid decision ... one game or one post-season is not a good enough reason to roll the dice with your franchise qb for the next 8-10 years ... i don't buy it...

l_j_r

Come on ladies. They were real close to the Championship game. You have to take a shot.

If they folded up and gave in you girls would be blasting Herm for being conservative.

They were also real close to losig in the first round.

They were also 4 games behind the Patriots in the AFC East.

They were also real close to not making the playoffs.

The three best teams in the AFC (NE, Indy and Pitt) last year, were 7-1 against the Jets over the last two seasons. You would have had to beat two of them and despite Pittsburgh doing their best to hand you the game, you lost.

Can you expect to beat the top 3 with a healthy Chad? Maybe, but more often then not you will lose. Can you expect to beat the top 3 with a 75% or worse Chad? No.

CHad should have gone under the knife and let Quincy lead the team. Then Chad is back in time for his new OC and not a question mark.

The three best teams in the AFC (NE, Indy and Pitt) last year, were 7-1 against the Jets over the last two seasons. You would have had to beat two of them and despite Pittsburgh doing their best to hand you the game, you lost.

Can you expect to beat the top 3 with a healthy Chad? Maybe, but more often then not you will lose. Can you expect to beat the top 3 with a 75% or worse Chad? No.

CHad should have gone under the knife and let Quincy lead the team. Then Chad is back in time for his new OC and not a question mark.

Quincy could have led the team from his hospital room I guess? He wasn't there at the end.

Nice try though.

The team was twice a made FG away from the AFC Championship game. Maybe every team on NE's schedule should have shut it down.

How many play-off games were the Pats "real close to losing" duiring this run?

Nobody "expects" to beat the defending champs. They do show up and take their chances though.

Him playing during season is debatable as you cant say for sure what Chad was sayin to team, HOWEVER, once season was over Chad should not have waited almost 4 weks to have surgery. For what? A vacation? Come on, you can vacation all you want later, 1 or 2 games could make difference to us having home field or even making playoffs.

If he misses 1st or 2nd game those 4 weeks waitin will look bad....

Him playing during season is debatable as you cant say for sure what Chad was sayin to team, HOWEVER, once season was over Chad should not have waited almost 4 weks to have surgery. For what? A vacation? Come on, you can vacation all you want later, 1 or 2 games could make difference to us having home field or even making playoffs.

If he misses 1st or 2nd game those 4 weeks waitin will look bad....

Agreed SJ. I thought the same thing when Sheffield waited to have his surgery.

You are getting paid millions of dollars. Get it done.

No defeding this: The Jets f'ed it up, whether it's Herm or Bradway or Woody, their QB is going to be on the rack when the season starts--guaranteed.

Finally, a voice of reason.

Finally, a voice of reason.

They should hang the author...............

Seriously...I'm looking for authentic comments about my first attempt at sportswriting. You won't get me to change my opinion, more curious if u all felt I wrote the article well and defended my facts? Negative feedback is welcome..........just drive the speed limit. :lol:

Pat, I thought it was outstanding. Your narrative is great. Powerful, forceful voice. Interesting all the way through and it stays on track. I also liked how you were able to interject your opinion without letting it sabotage your theme. From a strictly academic point of view, the only thing I'd suggest is to use more specific, quantifiable sources. Being able to use, for instance, WebMD or any other refereed (legit) website name in your article would truly bolster your more fact-based points. From my experience in seeing student papers, referring to anything with the name "internet" in it opens you up for alot of contradictions that could easily be avoided. But, like I said, it's a minor thing. You gots some talent, bud.

Pat, I thought it was outstanding. Your narrative is great. Powerful, forceful voice. Interesting all the way through and it stays on track. I also liked how you were able to interject your opinion without letting it sabotage your theme. From a strictly academic point of view, the only thing I'd suggest is to use more specific, quantifiable sources. Being able to use, for instance, WebMD or any other refereed (legit) website name in your article would truly bolster your more fact-based points. From my experience in seeing student papers, referring to anything with the name "internet" in it opens you up for alot of contradictions that could easily be avoided. But, like I said, it's a minor thing. You gots some talent, bud.

Thanks bro. Appreciate the honest assesment. I hear what you're saying about the 'internet' source. I thought about that exact thing at one point. It was fun getting 'published'

You'll find that I enjoy writing about the outside topics rather than the direct talk about draft/transactions etc. I prefer to attack the 'other' angle of the game.

Seriously...I'm looking for authentic comments about my first attempt at sportswriting. You won't get me to change my opinion, more curious if u all felt I wrote the article well and defended my facts? Negative feedback is welcome..........just drive the speed limit. :lol:

Gunner - Bravo Dude!

Nobody would know you really while away your hours munching down TimBits.

Keep it going - it's good stuff.

Ok, you attention seeking whore....good article. To quote the esteemed Tex, "I can see you went to the YJF school of brevity." While long, it was interesting as TS pointed out and transitioned between paragraphs pretty well.

Maybe you should try writing about an NFL QB next. :wink:

... let me start by saying, very good read GOB ...

as asked though, my nitpicking would be:

1. While optimism has never been regarded as a strong trait in NY Jets fans

(i personally would use "trait of", not 100% sure i'm right though)

2. Curtis Martin, who late in his career, produced one of the best seasons for a RB in NY Jets history

Team Single Season Rushing Record Holders

New York Jets Curtis Martin 1,697yds 12 tds 2004

(there is no reason why not to say that it was THE best season by a jets rb, gives your sentence more power)

3. Yet just when you think things can

Archived