Hey, does anybody know whats going on with this JI/Scout thing?

BP

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If all those JI'ers come here, I wonder if I'm going to go back to being unappreciated and ignored like I was there.  It wasnt until I arrived here before I was truly a valued poster. 

Maybe I need to rebrand here.  Hmmmm....

If all those JI'ers come here, I wonder if I'm going to go back to being unappreciated and ignored like I was there.  It wasnt until I arrived here before I was truly a valued poster. 

Maybe I need to rebrand here.  Hmmmm....

whaddya mean?

you're missed

which one of you guys made that football design that he's still using?

I thought it was Klecko, because it looks like an anchor.

That's not bad policy, really. People who ask to be mods usually just want to carry out vendettas.

I've got my eye on you, bub.

The whole timing of this event is very ironic.

I planned on going back to JI, rebranding myself under a new name and leaving JN for good.  But then I started thinking about it and realized if I did that, my biggest fans like T0m, Dbates, RJF and BP wouldnt know what to do without me so I decided to stay.  Good decision on my part.

You can still go if you'd like. You havent been the same since I took the chat room away from you. 

Was wondering how long it had been. Another lifetime.

It was before the career change. I remember coming back from a vacation to my cubicle and all you guys had just disappeared. All the posts had been deleted too, so for me it was like a Twilight Zone episode where all my imaginary internet friends mysteriously stopped existing.

It was before the career change. I remember coming back from a vacation to my cubicle and all you guys had just disappeared. All the posts had been deleted too, so for me it was like a Twilight Zone episode where all my imaginary internet friends mysteriously stopped existing.

I think my entire existence on JI was deleted. 

The funniest part, 5 or 6 years later they got rid of Ham as a mod.  Which, if they had just listened to me back then, the entire exodus wouldn't have happened.

Oh well, I prefer it here.  The bigger community idea benefits the owner and the owner alone.  I don't have nearly the kind of time I did when I was 22, and it's nice to be able to post in a smaller community where most people are pretty recognizable.  Who knows what will happen with their move to scout, but if I was still there, I think it would serve as the impetus to just be done posting as a whole.

Imagine what the diss would look like if I put all these words into that instead of here... Ugh.

LOL.

Not to get all real world on everyone but most people know that my wife has cancer. My meeting with Scout was in the middle of her chemo treatments. So for the first time in 10 years when I listened to their pitch I thought to myself, what would my life be like if I didn't have JetNation?  And I didn't like the answer to that question. I have made so many friends here, met so many amazing people and I enjoy logging on and talking to everyone each day. This past year has been by far the toughest of my life and JetNation was still fun. So the thought of selling this and not having that, well it wasn't even a consideration. 

So that left the partnership.  What I like about this place is we treat it seriously but we have fun. Having a partner involved, that doesn't sound like a lot of fun. Signing a two-year (or so) deal is actually a much longer term deal because you aren't going to get those posts back (they own them I believe) if you ever try to leave.

So it wasn't actually a hard decision. Money would be great, I know I can use more of it. But the cost to get that money...just not worth it.

Oh well, who should play me in the movie? I am thinking Kevin James, but I am open to suggestions.

There's an obvious difference in how each one of you values his own forum website.  Not weighing in on right or wrong, good or bad, but just that there is a stark difference.

To me, one need not look further than the owner's public forum activity. In other words, the difference between a forum owner who has made nearly 60,000 posts since 2005, and another who has only 12,000 since 1999 (and a huge amount of those posts were from more than 10 years ago).

One now probably doesn't post 500x/year, and a healthy chunk of that small number is in his moderator forum, interacting with just a handful of people rather than the site at large. How many of the remaining posts are just making a site announcement or weighing in on a dispute (what percentage of his small number of Landing Strip posts were thread starters or within 5 replies of his own thread-starter)? To me that is not the behavior really someone interested in talking much football stuff with posters or caring to interact with them individually. Certainly not, when one considers the size of the Jets football forum that he himself owns.

The other site owner makes some 6,000 posts per year. Probably no more posts than Sooth in each own's mod forum (if memory serves, hahaha), but thousands and thousands every year in the main forums, talking and listening to Jets fans here, developing a trust whose worth has just been demonstrated publicly for those who didn't realize before.

:shake:

Archived