Hey, does anybody know whats going on with this JI/Scout thing?

BP

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was TebowCan'tThrow on JI and have been here for a few years with most of my posting on JI and Scout.  Like the people on Scout, but site is outdated. If many of the JI posters come here then this is where I probably will stay.  Good to see Hitman , Warfish and others.  Is there a mobile app or tapatalk or anything??

I was TebowCan'tThrow on JI and have been here for a few years with most of my posting on JI and Scout.  Like the people on Scout, but site is outdated. If many of the JI posters come here then this is where I probably will stay.  Good to see Hitman , Warfish and others.  Is there a mobile app or tapatalk or anything??

No need for an app. The site is already mobile compatible.

Check at the bottom of the page, and you can switch between versions.

Yes, Scout.com contacted us in April or May, it was before the draft. I met with them in NYC to hear their pitch. They said they wanted to buy JetNation or partner with us, the choice was ours. During the pitch I met with the head of technology in NY, the guy that heads up the publisher program and the VP of Marketing - he was from the UK. They were very complimentary and they have an amazing group of talented people who had clearly done their homework. When I went in there they said they wanted JetNation because it was the best Jets site, they loved our content and the message board.

But when they explained their vision it wasn't anything I was open to even partnering with them on.  It just wasn't for us, their pitch was 100% money related. They asked me to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement so we could talk further and they could make an offer. But I thanked them and said we weren't interested. I didn't need to see an offer to know that this was wrong for us. They use their own forum software and they don't convert old posts, they just leave them as an archive if you want. I had a bunch of other concerns as well. They have a marketing staff of over 40 people and they basically run your Twitter and Facebook for you. The thought of someone potentially tweeting trying to sell a jersey after a tough Jets loss wasn't real appealing either. :)

Good group of people, just not for us.

that would've been the end of gay jokes. not for all the money in the world.

Hi guys. I figured this was as good a thread as any to introduce myself. I'm a lurker at GGN and up until recently at JI until I saw the whole Scout board thing. Meh. 

Anyway, seems like a smart group here. I look forward to posting with you. 

Hi guys. I figured this was as good a thread as any to introduce myself. I'm a lurker at GGN and up until recently at JI until I saw the whole Scout board thing. Meh. 

Anyway, seems like a smart group here. I look forward to posting with you. 

you clearly haven't been here long enough. Welcome. 

How do you know he isn't a vampire before inviting him into our home? 

When our posters start getting killed by this (or another) potential vampire, the rest of the survivors will know who to blame as we form jetnationNOVAMPIRES.com. You blockhead.

I'm an incredibly trusting person. 

Yep, Jetswin been here on and off, but I don't think he'll be around too much. Seems like he's Sooth's right hand man over there. Slikmo like addicts apparently. :confused0085:

They do know that we have decided to pay you all to post here right?  I see that you cashed the check we sent you. Please let others know about that deal though. There is a salary cap so we can only spend x amount. The first few hundred posters should all be set. :)

Yep, Jetswin been here on and off, but I don't think he'll be around too much. Seems like he's Sooth's right hand man over there. Slikmo like addicts apparently. :confused0085:

Yeah, he locked the thread praising JN's mobile funtionality. LOL. 

They do know that we have decided to pay you all to post here right?  I see that you cashed the check we sent you. Please let others know about that deal though. There is a salary cap so we can only spend x amount. The first few hundred posters should all be set. :)

LOL. I'm makin so much more money here than I EVER did at the old digs!

Yeah, he locked the thread praising JN's mobile funtionality. LOL. 

Yeah, threads were getting nuked left and right there... I've never even bothered with mobile very much for various reasons, but that's GREAT to hear!

Some of those things are just a bitch to navigate via mobile, but I'm envisioning it getting some work during gamedays.

:thumbup:

Yeah, threads were getting nuked left and right there... I've never even bothered with mobile very much for various reasons, but that's GREAT to hear!

Some of those things are just a bitch to navigate via mobile, but I'm envisioning it getting some work during gamedays.

:thumbup:

You sig is beyond distracting.... ;)

check did come in handy

To all of the newly displaced forum posters, you should consider posting here. Great group of Jets fans, we don't take things too seriously and this is a fun place (in my humble and unbiased opinion). :)

Click Register. You won't regret it. 

I am here.

How shall I serve you?

SAR I

Yes, Scout.com contacted us in April or May, it was before the draft. I met with them in NYC to hear their pitch. They said they wanted to buy JetNation or partner with us, the choice was ours. During the pitch I met with the head of technology in NY, the guy that heads up the publisher program and the VP of Marketing - he was from the UK. They were very complimentary and they have an amazing group of talented people who had clearly done their homework. When I went in there they said they wanted JetNation because it was the best Jets site, they loved our content and the message board.

But when they explained their vision it wasn't anything I was open to even partnering with them on.  It just wasn't for us, their pitch was 100% money related. They asked me to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement so we could talk further and they could make an offer. But I thanked them and said we weren't interested. I didn't need to see an offer to know that this was wrong for us. They use their own forum software and they don't convert old posts, they just leave them as an archive if you want. I had a bunch of other concerns as well. They have a marketing staff of over 40 people and they basically run your Twitter and Facebook for you. The thought of someone potentially tweeting trying to sell a jersey after a tough Jets loss wasn't real appealing either. :)

Good group of people, just not for us.

You are like that chick from Modern Family.. you just get better with age.

Assume I don't qualify for any payments?

You do. The next check run is on Thursday in the AM. We will overnight it to your address on file. Just make sure your social security # is up to date in your profile haha.

Archived