Hey, does anybody know whats going on with this JI/Scout thing?

BP

Please God, no.

Rah Rah is one of those "don't step on the white chalk" bad luck types.  Good to see you again.  Scout vs. Jetnation, I'm choosing Jetnation.

Please tell me we talk football here.

SAR I

Ah the ass kissing is in high gear. .

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah the ass kissing is in high gear. .

Well, this is not known to be an ass kissing community, well, outside of what type of activities the mods and Max are usually up to in the mod lounge while the lunatics run wild through the asylum, but i think that is a whole other type of ass kissing than you are talking about. Basically, if you aren't cracking gay jokes at the site owner, you don't know how this joint actually works.

Thanks.

The whole thing just sounds pretty slimy to me. I'll bet you don't recall reading any privacy policy or terms & conditions on JI that said the website owner has been having ongoing discussions for some 10 years with a company that wants to buy the email list from him. Probably because I suspect that was kept secret from all of you when you typed in your personal info. And then he sold your email addresses and more (since some sign up with their real names & locations), as though you should have expected this was a potential part of the arrangement.

I don't fault him for meeting or speaking with them, as who could help but be curious? But I do fault him for not telling you guys (before transferring your information into their marketing database), that this was (or may be) in the works. At least it would have given so many of you a chance to change the information in your user accounts so some total strangers wouldn't have your real, personal info.

You didn't sign up there to have your personal info sold to some marketing company behind your backs. You signed up there to talk about your favorite NFL team with some others who felt the same way. And he used you all to get a press pass for himself, banning people purely for badmouthing the team and putting that at risk (as it's been told to me). So he got these special privileges for himself, which is great as a fan, and used you all to get it. Then he used you again to make a buck off your personal information. Basically he played you all for fools, mistakenly thinking your private info was safe with him, and none of you deserved that.

And IMO that is a fair assessment of what's happened there.

I demand that Mrs. Sperm come back and start posting! And I hope she wAsnt walking by you shaking her head calling you a loser while you were typing this :)

You took more $hit over there than I ever did.

I'd laugh my ass of how you got some of those nimrods going.

Good to see you again.

Please God, no.

Rah Rah is one of those "don't step on the white chalk" bad luck types. Good to see you again. Scout vs. Jetnation, I'm choosing Jetnation.

Please tell me we talk football here.

SAR I

SAR and PatsDoucheTx, the two biggest dicks on the Internet.. It is funny watching Tx put out his mating call throughout this thread waiting for my arrival, the prick looks scared even, and now I know I get under your skin, you unimaginable prick!

I've been a member for a while. Mostly lurk.

Max you got a nice place here, I tip my cap to you!!'

The hamper is simply one of the best things about JI.  There are a solid 10-12 posters there that keep that train running.  It's good to see you too, man.

The misfits that occupy the hampur and the logo are the only things worth a spit on that site. 

Thanks.

The whole thing just sounds pretty slimy to me. I'll bet you don't recall reading any privacy policy or terms & conditions on JI that said the website owner has been having ongoing discussions for some 10 years with a company that wants to buy the email list from him. Probably because I suspect that was kept secret from all of you when you typed in your personal info. And then he sold your email addresses and more (since some sign up with their real names & locations), as though you should have expected this was a potential part of the arrangement.

I don't fault him for meeting or speaking with them, as who could help but be curious? But I do fault him for not telling you guys (before transferring your information into their marketing database), that this was (or may be) in the works. At least it would have given so many of you a chance to change the information in your user accounts so some total strangers wouldn't have your real, personal info.

You didn't sign up there to have your personal info sold to some marketing company behind your backs. You signed up there to talk about your favorite NFL team with some others who felt the same way. And he used you all to get a press pass for himself, banning people purely for badmouthing the team and putting that at risk (as it's been told to me). So he got these special privileges for himself, which is great as a fan, and used you all to get it. Then he used you again to make a buck off your personal information. Basically he played you all for fools, mistakenly thinking your private info was safe with him, and none of you deserved that.

And IMO that is a fair assessment of what's happened there.

I agree with you.

I wonder if they sold my Integrity28 and Dr. Zaius account information, since they've been permabanned for years now... 

SAR and PatsDoucheTx, the two biggest dicks on the Internet.. It is funny watching Tx put out his mating call throughout this thread waiting for my arrival, the prick looks scared even, and now I know I get under your skin, you unimaginable prick!

Ray Ray, sar, and pat fan tx together again. This is just like the old days!

Well, those are two valuable pennies. You certainly know more about forum software than I ever will, but the part that resonates most with me is the integrated nature of scout.com across 300 sub-sites.  I don't care how valuable or important anyone thinks JI is, I doubt the acquisition of that one site will force the rebuild of a 300 site platform from the ground up.  I'm sure the new owners who bought from Fox do have a vision and plans to improve the platform, features, etc. but I just can't see it happening in a matter of a few short months.  And the window isn't that big to retain members and prevent fragmentation of a user community that's turned off by a step backwards in technology.  You have to have a seaworthy lifeboat before you force people to abandon ship IMO.  It will be interesting to see how long they run the original JI and the scout version in parallel.  The day that the original JI locks down and converts entirely to an archive is the sink or swim day.

Also, to be clear, I've never had a problem with Sean, and I still don't.  It would be easy for me to come here, bash JI, and rip Sean in an environment that seems very supportive of doing just that.  I'm just not that kind of guy but I do know that others have very valid gripes with him.  I was here during the last significant turmoil around 2008, and was sad to see so many users split, but there was a gravitational pull to JI for me because of many users that I interacted with there, so I stayed and didn't really have the time or energy to keep up with two boards that discuss 70% of the same stuff.  It's fantastic to come back here and see so many old names.  The fact that many people I respect as Jets fans and posters continue to be active here says a lot about the site you're running.

My focus is on the user community, the conversation, and the ease of interaction.  It's that fragmentation of the user community and the lack of ease of interaction on the new scout board that have me concerned enough to come back here and give it a second look, and I'm glad I did.

The presentation layer here is better. The users know more about football here. Most of the users here are funnier, so the laughs are better. The quote, multiquote, rep and wysiwyg editor for posting are all better. 

There's even a sub-set of us that play teh nerd mafia goodness and Crusher / Max set up a sub-forum for us, because they didn't want us alienated. 

Better.

Better. 

Better.

You made the right choice.

The presentation layer here is better. The users know more about football here. Most of the users here are funnier, so the laughs are better. The quote, multiquote, rep and wysiwyg editor for posting are all better. 

There's even a sub-set of us that play teh nerd mafia goodness and Crusher / Max set up a sub-forum for us, because they didn't want us alienated. 

Better.

Better. 

Better.

You made the right choice.

The Lounge is no Hampur tho.

Perhaps we can change that.

Is there an 'ignore' feature here?

Certain JI posters we don't need.  Rah Rah and Scout, MFEO.

SAR I

Also, to be clear, I've never had a problem with Sean, and I still don't.  It would be easy for me to come here, bash JI, and rip Sean in an environment that seems very supportive of doing just that.  I'm just not that kind of guy but I do know that others have very valid gripes with him.

That's certainly not a requirement here. :)

I have no skin in the JI vs. JN battles, as I was never a regular over there and consequently never banned. Lol. I found this place after bouncing around a lot of Jet forums on the web, and decided it was the best one. Max really cares about the place, and puts a lot of focus and energy into keep it the best. Obviously, what makes a great forum is great posters, and JI certainly has (had?) the right to call itself a great forum. If some of the posters who helped make that site a fun place to be decide to call JN their home going forward, well, we're excited about the influx of quality posts.

Go for it! The 100,000 Post thread is the default Hotties Forum. Feel free to crank up the action in there.

SAR I

Yes. Click on your name on the upper right to open the drop down menu >> click Manage Ignore Prefs >> type in the names of posters you wish to ignore.

Note to everyone else, you can use the same method to ignore SAR I. :)

Well, this is not known to be an ass kissing community, well, outside of what type of activities the mods and Max are usually up to in the mod lounge while the lunatics run wild through the asylum, but i think that is a whole other type of ass kissing than you are talking about. Basically, if you aren't cracking gay jokes at the site owner, you don't know how this joint actually works.

We'll get along fine then.

If it's okay with you, I'd like to talk football and avoid the other crap that took JI down the toilet.

Please advise if we can exist in a peaceful manner.

SAR I

So then you're going to play the dickhead troll SAR on Scout, the usual SAR and some different form of SAR here?

SAR I

Who is "we" you tool?

Despite my propensity to be positive, I blow you out of the water when it comes to the game and actually discussing the sport. 

You're more concerned about your stature and using the internet to overcome the insecurities you deal with in your everyday life and your make believe ranking in society.

So then you're going to play the dickhead troll SAR on Scout, the usual SAR and some different form of SAR here?

Ah yes, when he finally came out of the fetal position after being reprimanded and exposed by the JI mods the whole "C'mon guys, let's forget the past, let's all just be friends, we are Jets fans afterall bullsh*t" didn't last very long...

Well, those are two valuable pennies. You certainly know more about forum software than I ever will, but the part that resonates most with me is the integrated nature of scout.com across 300 sub-sites.  I don't care how valuable or important anyone thinks JI is, I doubt the acquisition of that one site will force the rebuild of a 300 site platform from the ground up.  I'm sure the new owners who bought from Fox do have a vision and plans to improve the platform, features, etc. but I just can't see it happening in a matter of a few short months.  And the window isn't that big to retain members and prevent fragmentation of a user community that's turned off by a step backwards in technology.  You have to have a seaworthy lifeboat before you force people to abandon ship IMO.  It will be interesting to see how long they run the original JI and the scout version in parallel.  The day that the original JI locks down and converts entirely to an archive is the sink or swim day.

Also, to be clear, I've never had a problem with Sean, and I still don't.  It would be easy for me to come here, bash JI, and rip Sean in an environment that seems very supportive of doing just that.  I'm just not that kind of guy but I do know that others have very valid gripes with him.  I was here during the last significant turmoil around 2008, and was sad to see so many users split, but there was a gravitational pull to JI for me because of many users that I interacted with there, so I stayed and didn't really have the time or energy to keep up with two boards that discuss 70% of the same stuff.  It's fantastic to come back here and see so many old names.  The fact that many people I respect as Jets fans and posters continue to be active here says a lot about the site you're running.

My focus is on the user community, the conversation, and the ease of interaction.  It's that fragmentation of the user community and the lack of ease of interaction on the new scout board that have me concerned enough to come back here and give it a second look, and I'm glad I did.

I think this is why Sean gave himself an out in 12 months. If scout doesn't come through and improve the platform he can take JI back with him.

I agree with you.

I wonder if they sold my Integrity28 and Dr. Zaius account information, since they've been permabanned for years now... 

Did he pay you for the logo, or did you make it for free and then be a douche to you & drive you away or ban you while still using it? (The latter is a plan I intend to propose in the mod forum in 2 minutes).

Ah yes, when he finally came out of the fetal position after being reprimanded and exposed by the JI mods the whole "C'mon guys, let's forget the past, let's all just be friends, we are Jets fans afterall bullsh*t" didn't last very long...

Who is "we" you tool?

Despite my propensity to be positive, I blow you out of the water when it comes to the game and actually discussing the sport. 

You're more concerned about your stature and using the internet to overcome the insecurities you deal with in your everyday life and your make believe ranking in society.

See, this is the personal attacking Twitter-like crap that brought Jets Insider down.  If this is the type of nonsense that's tolerated here I want no part of it.

SAR I

There wouldn't have been a Hampur were it not for the Lounge.  Just saying.  :)

For years on ji we were told, just put OT: before any off topic threads. We all decided here to have an off topic forum. Then another webmaster liked the idea I guess haha.

There wouldn't have been a Hampur were it not for the Lounge.  Just saying.   :)

For years on ji we were told, just put OT: before any off topic threads. We all decided here to have an off topic forum. Then another webmaster liked the idea I guess haha.

Tampering charges I think to be filed-

Great post.

I have busted Sean's balls more than probably anybody over the years. Truth be told if I saw him today I would have no problem shaking his hand. He would probably want to punch me in the face, but that is another story lol. We don't take ourselves too seriously here, I think that is what makes us different. We take running the site very seriously, it is such a passionate group of people that give up their own time to keep JetNation running. Same for the posters, I think most people know you can laugh and have a good time here. The only thing we really hate is personal attacks. We just want people to get along and be respectful; even when they disagree.

And you nailed it completely on the community. That is the most important thing. We do appreciate a lot of people giving us a look again.  And we hope everyone decides to stay.

Thanks.

I think this is why Sean gave himself an out in 12 months. If scout doesn't come through and improve the platform he can take JI back with him.

Is it 12 months? Has that been confirmed? That would be smart, two years would be a long time deal that could be hard to come back from. My concern was what happens if you leave, even after 12 months? I don't see Scout giving you those posts back. So you start up the forum a year later on your original URL. That thought scared me.

Archived