Hey, does anybody know whats going on with this JI/Scout thing?

BP

And this is him being nice, starting over, talking nothing but football. His words, right?

Get used to it

Whoa, I didn't say talk nothing but football and this is an OT thread reflective of the joint we all just abandoned.

Move on or be my friend.

SAR I

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it sure as 'ell ain't Fuji Lengths Jet Lungfish or Jut Shelfing... :getgreen:

My post counts haven't made it over here yet. 

Could be trading at the Zimbabwean exchange rate.

Jestful times are Nigh 

Hmm.... I'm thinkin you may be pretty decent at scrabble.

Maybe even better on the weed.

Can't we all just get along? We've been kindly granted sanctuary and we should leave the past in the past. I say we blow up the old placeTM with the unfinished business of settling scores, wronging rights and

vending vendettas while it implodes.... Signed, Cath Harr's Sis

O man, I love the business of settled scores!

Guys... Let's leave the drama at the old place. Look at the post above. The old owner encourages the drama. We don't here... It's what makes the place great. Phil has done a great job making this an awesome environment. Let's respect that... The former bg314 thanks

don't think the other guy is encouraging it, but i def think the old drama needs to be put to bed finally, on all sides.

Yup. There it is. Gets irked, says completely out of line sh*t. Really no need to say any of that at the end.

For the record, it's 100% true that Phil turned these guys down. He told the mods about this months ago. The inferior software and loss of all the existing posts here to an archive were major concerns. 

Yup. There it is. Gets irked, says completely out of line sh*t. Really no need to say any of that at the end.

The best part is when Phil told us about the meeting, he hoped that JI would go for it. He said it would lessen the brand, and send many of his posters our way.

For the record, it's 100% true that Phil turned these guys down. He told the mods about this months ago. The inferior software and loss of all the existing posts here to an archive were major concerns. 

No need. I don't think anyone here even considered the possibility that he was making any of it up. Phil may be a smelly fart faced poohead but I've always found him to be pretty honest and sincere.

Guys might find this interesting:

image.jpg

That is pretty funny. I can post my EZPass statement from the day of the meeting in NYC. :) Seriously, I have their 41 page PPT slide deck. I have the email exchanges with the guy in the press release they did with ji.  And I guess I just randomly imagined having conversations with Josh and Freddie about tech stuff and marketing. Like I have said 100 times, it is a great group of people at Scout, very smart people. I just felt that their business model was all wrong for JetNation.

Some day I will share the post I made in the mod forum when I got back. But we will save that for a date in the future. 

Guys might find this interesting:

image.jpg

Here's the funny thing about Sooth's claim, I was talking to Phil about some upcoming articles literally 15 hours before the JI/scout merger was announced.  During my chat with Phil, he mentioned in passing, "Right around draft time I met with the guys from scout and they wanted me to sign an NDA to make an offer for JN.  Once they told me their vision and told me about flooding members with advertising and archiving all of our posts, I told them that it wasn't for us and I didn't sign so I never got the offer"....funny that he shared this with me literally less than 24 hours before the JI/scout announcement, and Sooth is blasting somebody else for "not doing their homework"

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I left that horrible effing site ten years ago when JN was born.

That is pretty funny. I can post my EZPass statement from the day of the meeting in NYC. :) Seriously, I have their 41 page PPT slide deck. I have the email exchanges with the guy in the press release they did with ji.  And I guess I just randomly imagined having conversations with Josh and Freddie about tech stuff and marketing. Like I have said 100 times, it is a great group of people at Scout, very smart people. I just felt that their business model was all wrong for JetNation.

Some day I will share the post I made in the mod forum when I got back. But we will save that for a date in the future. 

death by power point

Can't we all just get along?

We've been kindly granted sanctuary and we should leave the past in the past.

Really good point!

It is time to start over for a lot of people. We REALLY appreciate everyone coming here. I can't express how much we appreciate it. I have been around forums a long time, as we all have, and it is unique to see one group be this happy when a large group comes over all at once.  It is pretty cool actually.

We would prefer to not have to learn who doesn't like who and why.  Let's just talk Jets. :)

The best part is when Phil told us about the meeting, he hoped that JI would go for it. He said it would lessen the brand, and send many of his posters our way.

Phil's exact words to me the night before the merger was announced were, "I was really hoping Sean would take the offer and get absorbed by scout"..LOL

Archived