Hey, does anybody know whats going on with this JI/Scout thing?

BP

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.  Now I know which one to drop a load in when I go to Green Lot. I don't even think the alarm will go off when the canvas is cut. :pooh:

Nuevo-BMW-Serie-4-Cabrio-1.jpg

....and on the seventh day the Lord declared that it shall be a hardtop to prevent such attrocities committed by the less fortunate.

SAR I

Nothing more important than a happy trucker.

Kidding aside, how many miles a month do you put on it to require $500 in fuel?  Do you use it for commutation? 

SAR I

I get approximately 10 miles per gallon. it costs between 65 and 70 per fill up on my 25 gallon tank. i average about 40 gallons a week. So idk what that works out to. but it doesnt leave me a lot of disposable income. 

I get approximately 10 miles per gallon. it costs between 65 and 70 per fill up on my 25 gallon tank. i average about 40 gallons a week. So idk what that works out to. but it doesnt leave me a lot of disposable income. 

I'm assuming you need this vehicle desperately for work-related purposes, yes?  So it's expensive but it ultimately pays the bills, yes?

SAR I

Gotcha.  I don't know much about trucks but I'm assuming there are fuel-efficient hybrids that can help significantly, yes?

SAR I

I misunderstood your last question. I don't need the truck for my current job, but did for my previous one. I cannot currently afford to purchase a new vehicle so I am waiting for the spring to get something more efficient. 

I misunderstood your last question. I don't need the truck for my current job, but did for my previous one. I cannot currently afford to purchase a new vehicle so I am waiting for the spring to get something more efficient. 

Understood.  I thought that with that much fuel expense you were using it as a business so it wouldn't be so painful to deal with.

They do some amazing things with high compression turbo'd engines these days.  My BMW is a 4 cylinder but makes more HP and torque than the prior generations 6 cylinder and the gas mileage is terrific (I commute 70 miles roundtrip each day).  No compromise in performance, just better fuel economy.

SAR I

Understood.  I thought that with that much fuel expense you were using it as a business so it wouldn't be so painful to deal with.

They do some amazing things with high compression turbo'd engines these days.  My BMW is a 4 cylinder but makes more HP and torque than the prior generations 6 cylinder and the gas mileage is terrific (I commute 70 miles roundtrip each day).  No compromise in performance, just better fuel economy.

SAR I

Is it sexier than a 2009 Ford Flex with a booster seat in the back & 102,000+ miles? I don't think so. Move along. :D

Yeah, but it is like buying all types of useless $hit. Take a car for example, why buy a car that will get slower, start spewing noxious fumes, break down, faded finish, sagging flat tires etc, and make you envious of newer, faster, sexier cars and cost 50-70,000. I can hop in a nice new zipcar whenever I have the need, and don't even have to pay for the gas or mileage, that gets left to someone else to maintain, just pay buy the hour for how much I actually want to use it for.

Now you're starting to sound like SAR. :D

TunaCanProd still going?

I knew you were the man to sort out this conundrumum. I want to buy all your DVD/workbooks that instruct on how to live with greater, aspirational, aspirations.

Sure, but DVDs? 

Tell you what, I'll just write every thought out myself and you can read it all. You're not doing anything for the next 17 years, right? It may take a person that long...to get through the first few chapters.

Not just any BMW. The BMW. That's a $60,000 4 Series Convertible, my next ride once the lease is up.

Be happy for me.

SAR I

LOL you have to lease your cars? Leases are for people that can't afford monthly payments.

I pay cash for my cars. Always have. Chump.

Judging from this thread I take it this is you and all your pals going for a drive?

LOL

was going to say, for a guy that talks about HIS car so much, he only show brochure pics.

On my phone too, or I'd post the zoolander jeep animated gif

LOL you have to lease your cars? Leases are for people that can't afford monthly payments.

I pay cash for my cars. Always have. Chump.

It's not 1995 any more, chief.

Leasing BMW's perpetually is more expensive than paying cash, and if you're really smart (raises hand) you take the $50,000 and give it to your investment banker who can let that money make money for you and that payback trumps the cash buy in a big way if the $50 a month means that much to you.

You don't invest in a depreciating asset and very few things depreciate faster than a car.  I wouldn't brag about paying cash for cars if I were you.

SAR I

Archived