NFL announces new domestic abuse poicy

AFJF

OH I SUPPOSE NOW YOU WANNA BAN HER FROM FOOTBALL TOO.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests—we did. But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick perverted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg: isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do what you you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America!

Can't knock em for this one...no effing around.

Strike 1= 6 games

Striek 2= lifetime ban

Uhm, yes I can absolutely (figuratively) knock Roger Goodell for this one.  In fact this proves beyond any doubt what an incompetent buffoon that guy is.  After analyzing everything he STILL comes back with a policy where hitting your girlfriend gets you 6 games whereas smoking a joint (which, btw, does NOT enhance your performance) gets you a season-long suspension?!  To add to the insanity, smoking pot is LEGAL in certain states.  Goodell should be forced to step down immediately.  What a complete an utter joke of a commissioner he is. 

Rice should have gotten at least 4 games IMO. But this new policy is so reactionary it's silly.

If the NFL wants to be the judge, jury and executioner they need to treat these types of incidents and penalties individually. A sweeping lifetime ban for domestic disputes is crazy...not to mention the extortion possibility.

Exactly! Took the words of of my mouth.. He only is acting so serious about this because he was wrong and he received backlash from it. He should of sat down and listened to reflective music before he made this decision.

Uhm, yes I can absolutely (figuratively) knock Roger Goodell for this one.  In fact this proves beyond any doubt what an incompetent buffoon that guy is.  After analyzing everything he STILL comes back with a policy where hitting your girlfriend gets you 6 games whereas smoking a joint (which, btw, does NOT enhance your performance) gets you a season-long suspension?!  To add to the insanity, smoking pot is LEGAL in certain states.  Goodell should be forced to step down immediately.  What a complete an utter joke of a commissioner he is. 

Six games is no joke, and for life is a nice second step.  I like it.  

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests—we did. But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick perverted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg: isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do what you you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America!

You know what the actual funny part is? Goodell handled a prior horrible situation like an idiot and received enough negative feedback on it that he admitted he was completely wrong and that he'll do things differently going forward. With almost anyone else on the planet, it's an admirable admission and decision, but because it's Goodell, all one can do is throw up in their mouth.

I got hit by a teenage boy when I was a teenage girl. We were playing a game, it was my turn to be referee. I made a call he didn't like. I'm lucky there were other people around. If he'd kept hitting me after the first three times when some other kids grabbed him, I didn't stand a chance. He grabbed me and I couldn't get away. I was just too small.

I like the lifetime ban.

• 2 weeks later...

I stand by the point I made above even more right now.  Goodell is a total joke of a commissioner who absolutely does not deserve to keep his job.

Archived