Derek Carr to start at QB for the Raiders: MERGED

Gastineau Lives

Did you watch the game? anyone has Nfl preseason package watch it. You tell me the defending Super Bowl champs didn't take that game seriously.( surprised me that they would risk their top players to injury like that-who Am I to question Pete Carroll methods)

The Autumn wind is a pirate

Blustering in from sea

With a rollicking song he sweeps along

Swaggering boisterously.

His face is weatherbeaten

He wears a hooded sash

With a silver hat about his head

And a bristling black mustache.

He growls as he storms the country

A villain big and bold

And the trees all shake and quiver and quake

As he robs them of their gold.

The Autumn wind is a Raider Pillaging just for fun

He’ll knock you ’round and upside down

And laugh when he’s conquered and won.

So your saying Raider fans are blowhards?   

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the raiders seahwaks game.  carr looks like dan marino.  he might be the best QB prospect in 25 years

lol

the seahawks couldn't wait for that game to be over, a complete no-show by them.  get ready for a wake up call

I saw the raiders seahwaks game.  carr looks like dan marino.  he might be the best QB prospect in 25 years

lol

the seahawks couldn't wait for that game to be over, a complete no-show by them.  get ready for a wake up call

Please the Jets Cb position was a huge question mark with Dee Milliner. Now without him that Cb position in dire straits. Better work on your excuses now. Like the jet defense was looking past the Raiders ,and concentrating on the Packers.

You can throw that stat out for the simple fact this might be the worse secondary Rex Ryan has put out there. The Raiders for the most part want to run the football in 2014 . ( Offense line geared up for pounding the football)

Why would they bother this week . Jmo If I was Greg Olsen ( Raiders OC) I come out with four Wr sets and a single back.( Spread that Jet defense out and force them to play with more db's than Lb's- get deeper in Jet Db depth chart).

Something like this Rod Streater 6'3 210 and James Jones6'1 208/ Andre Holmes 6'4 223 on the outside . With Denarius Moore 6' 195 and Brice Butler 6'3 215 the inside Wr's. with Maurice Jones Drew/ Darren McFadden/ or Lativius Murray as the single back.

Since those Wr are spread out , Derek Carr can come to the line of scrimmage and figure out where he's getting single coverage , and that's where he's going.( by spreading the defense out it makes it harder for Rex Ryan to blitz)

Another benefit of playing with that many Wr's is makes it a lot easier to run the football.( Raiders Wr's have a huge size and weight advantage on Jets Db's) anytime the Raiders Rb's can get the Jets safeties or Cb one on one in opening space it Favors the Raiders Rb's.

That's the way I see it and obviously you see it another way.

Btw Raiders do play that way. jets bring in Babin to rush the passer- making it easier to run where ever he rushing from

Despite the secondary problems the one saving grace that we do have is that blocking five really isn't even an option for opposing offenses. As a change of pace every couple of series, sure, but no OC in his right mind would adopt testing our line for an entire game that way.

Please the Jets Cb position was a huge question mark with Dee Milliner. Now without him that Cb position in dire straits. Better work on your excuses now. Like the jet defense was looking past the Raiders ,and concentrating on the Packers.

the jets CB's suck.  but don't let that seahawks game fool you.  rex is going to confuse the sh*t out of carr.  calvin pryor will allow rex to use the 46 more, and if the faiders spread the jets out, he will blitz the sh*t out of carr

should be fun

Where did I say that ? what I will say the quality of Cb's Raiders saw against Seattle ( starters and backups)Is better than what the Jets will be sending out there , as their starting Cb next Sunday. ( not even close)

you do realize that your offense will have to contend with more than just the jets cornerbacks don't you? there have been some very good quarterbacks (manning, elway, montana, for instance) who have had some very bad games early in their careers against some mediocre or even not very good defenses. the fact that you expect carr to come out and just carve up the jets defense because he looked good in the most meaningless of all the preseason games is interesting to me. I know its fun to have optimism about your team, but be realistic. most likely rex ryan confuses the crap out of carr and the raiders lose this one. away game, traveling to the east coast, early kick-off, rookie qb starting his first game ever against a very good front 7 and good safeties. the only saving grace here for the raiders is that we had so many cornerback injuries this preseason. lets not forget that your passing defense and scoring defense are bottom of the barrel, and your rushing defense is average. while any given sunday rule always applies, I think its a pretty tall order asking a rookie qb, in his first start ever, traveling from the west to east coast for an early kick-off in a hostile environment, to go against one of the best defensive coaches in the game, with a very good front 7 (arguably the best d-line in the game), in which his team will likely have a hard time running the ball to take the pressure off, and play like he is joe montana. the most likely scenario here is the raiders lose, with carr being picked and sacked multiple times.

image_normal.jpgJay Glazer @JayGlazer · 3m

Breaking: Raiders players have been informed that the team is making the switch at QB and starting Derek Carr over Matt Schaub

I actually think that gives them a better chance next Sunday. Schaub is an absolute pussy and would have folded up Jim Everrett-style against us. I don't expect the Raiders to compete, but Carr at least gives them a puncher's chance.

you do realize that your offense will have to contend with more than just the jets cornerbacks don't you? there have been some very good quarterbacks (manning, elway, montana, for instance) who have had some very bad games early in their careers against some mediocre or even not very good defenses. the fact that you expect carr to come out and just carve up the jets defense because he looked good in the most meaningless of all the preseason games is interesting to me. I know its fun to have optimism about your team, but be realistic. most likely rex ryan confuses the crap out of carr and the raiders lose this one. away game, traveling to the east coast, early kick-off, rookie qb starting his first game ever against a very good front 7 and good safeties. the only saving grace here for the raiders is that we had so many cornerback injuries this preseason. lets not forget that your passing defense and scoring defense are bottom of the barrel, and your rushing defense is average. while any given sunday rule always applies, I think its a pretty tall order asking a rookie qb, in his first start ever, traveling from the west to east coast for an early kick-off in a hostile environment, to go against one of the best defensive coaches in the game, with a very good front 7 (arguably the best d-line in the game), in which his team will likely have a hard time running the ball to take the pressure off, and play like he is joe montana. the most likely scenario here is the raiders lose, with carr being picked and sacked multiple times.

Answer this question , if Raiders come out with four Wr sets and a single RB in the backfield. ( spread that Jet defense out) Wouldn't the Jets be forced to play with more Db's instead of Lb's. ( to you agree or disagree with that).

The raiders can play that way and still be conservative on offense( want to run the ball- correct ). The Jets are playing with 6 cbs is your run defense going to be as effective.

Throw any six Jet Db's you want ,and now compare them to the Raider Wr. they are given up a lot of size and weight( run blocking will will make easier for Raiders RB to get to perimeter.

jmo Your dreaming if you think Jets will have more than two sacks in this game.

I actually think that gives them a better chance next Sunday. Schaub is an absolute pussy and would have folded up Jim Everrett-style against us. I don't expect the Raiders to compete, but Carr at least gives them a puncher's chance.

I agree with you. Sometimes a kid doesn't know what he doesn't know. And in this case he just goes in and lets it fly. Which right now for the Jets is the worst case scenario.  Until this secondary proves otherwise.

I agree with you. Sometimes a kid doesn't know what he doesn't know. And in this case he just goes in and lets it fly. Which right now for the Jets is the worst case scenario.  Until this secondary proves otherwise.

the last two games our rookie QB's played were wins. Carr starting could hurt us...

Answer this question , if Raiders come out with four Wr sets and a single RB in the backfield. ( spread that Jet defense out) Wouldn't the Jets be forced to play with more Db's instead of Lb's. ( to you agree or disagree with that).

The raiders can play that way and still be conservative on offense( want to run the ball- correct ). The Jets are playing with 6 cbs is your run defense going to be as effective.

Throw any six Jet Db's you want ,and now compare them to the Raider Wr. they are given up a lot of size and weight( run blocking will will make easier for Raiders RB to get to perimeter.

The beginning of your post was great. Spread the Jets out, that is what everyone will do against them.

But to suggest that there is NO WAY the Jets will have more than two sacks is just garbage. The Jets might not have any, who knows. But you act like it is an impossibility that this pass rush can't come away with more than two, against a rookie QB? You lose credibility there.

Anyone who has actually watched the Jets the past few seasons knows there is a better plan.  The Jets LBs cannot cover  anyone - especially TEs and RBs.   The best plan is to run the wr's deep and swing the back out of the backfield.   I'm not sure the Jets have stopped this plan in the 5 years Rex has been there.  

The beginning of your post was great. Spread the Jets out, that is what everyone will do against them.

But to suggest that there is NO WAY the Jets will have more than two sacks is just garbage. The Jets might not have any, who knows. But you act like it is an impossibility that this pass rush can't come away with more than two, against a rookie QB? You lose credibility there.

with our line do you really think its a great idea to just keep going 4-wide against us? we might give up some plays that way, depending on what rex does. but I think this is a great way to get carr sacked into early retirement. he will hardly know where the rush is coming from, and I think he will be overwhelmed. how ironic would it be to watch a second carr's career go down the drain because he takes a beating due to inadequate protection.....

well first of all they aren't going to play with 6 cornerbacks. do you really think that continually going 4-wide is going to be good for Derek carr's health? this is, arguably, the best d-line in the league. carr would take a tremendous beating

well first of all they aren't going to play with 6 cornerbacks. do you really think that continually going 4-wide is going to be good for Derek carr's health? this is, arguably, the best d-line in the league. carr would take a tremendous beating

If the Raiders, or any other team, goes 4 or 5-wide, the QB will not be taking 5 and 7-step drops.

Three step drop, read the blitz and hit the hot receiver.

If the Raiders, or any other team, goes 4 or 5-wide, the QB will not be taking 5 and 7-step drops.

Three step drop, read the blitz and hit the hot receiver.

this will work for tom brady and bill bellichick. a rookie qb in his first nfl start ever? I think rex will eat him alive......

this will work for tom brady and bill bellichick. a rookie qb in his first nfl start ever? I think rex will eat him alive......

And that's where Rex comes in.

If he can disguise and fool Carr into the wrong reads, huge advantage Jets.

As good as the Jets Dline is, they will not be collapsing the pocket on a 3-step drop.

That is just my honest opinion that Jets don't have more than two sacks. The Raiders aren't going to let the Jet tee off on Derek Carr .( If they have look for Raiders to bring in a sixth Olineman M Watson as the extra Te. Listen the Jets have more than two I will come on here Monday and admit I was wrong there. ( I do believe Raiders will hit and sack Geno Smith more times than the Jets do to Derek Carr.

You can throw that stat out for the simple fact this might be the worse secondary Rex Ryan has put out there. The Raiders for the most part want to run the football in 2014 . ( Offense line geared up for pounding the football)

Why would they bother this week . Jmo If I was Greg Olsen ( Raiders OC) I come out with four Wr sets and a single back.( Spread that Jet defense out and force them to play with more db's than Lb's- get deeper in Jet Db depth chart).

Something like this Rod Streater 6'3 210 and James Jones6'1 208/ Andre Holmes 6'4 223 on the outside . With Denarius Moore 6' 195 and Brice Butler 6'3 215 the inside Wr's. with Maurice Jones Drew/ Darren McFadden/ or Lativius Murray as the single back.

Since those Wr are spread out , Derek Carr can come to the line of scrimmage and figure out where he's getting single coverage , and that's where he's going.( by spreading the defense out it makes it harder for Rex Ryan to blitz)

Another benefit of playing with that many Wr's is makes it a lot easier to run the football.( Raiders Wr's have a huge size and weight advantage on Jets Db's) anytime the Raiders Rb's can get the Jets safeties or Cb one on one in opening space it Favors the Raiders Rb's.

That's the way I see it and obviously you see it another way.

Btw Raiders do play that way. jets bring in Babin to rush the passer- making it easier to run where ever he rushing from

You cannot run on the Jets. It's a waste of time. And figure MM is gonna hand off around 40+ times. When it's over Jets take a snoozefest 17-7 win. Between the Jets' 3 backs we could be looking at 225 yards on the ground.

If the Raiders are smart, you do run 4 wide and shotgun because obviously the Jets' 2ndary is from hunger and they tend to generate pass rush only with a blitz. A smart QB can beat that, but not likely on Day 1 of Carr's career.

The Raiders coming out to the east coast for a 1pm eastern time game. If everything else was equal, that would be a huge factor by itself.

Wonder why the NFL has never mandated all West Coast teams playing in Eastern time zone must be no ealrier than a 4PM start. Or probably they do in fact hate the the Raiders and Al Davis's bowl of soup with that haircut son.

That is just my honest opinion that Jets don't have more than two sacks. The Raiders aren't going to let the Jet tee off on Derek Carr .( If they have look for Raiders to bring in a sixth Olineman M Watson as the extra Te. Listen the Jets have more than two I will come on here Monday and admit I was wrong there. ( I do believe Raiders will hit and sack Geno Smith more times than the Jets do to Derek Carr.

Carr was one of -if not the- worst QB prospect when under pressure in this year's draft. The Jets are going to bring the pressure.

You now have the Raiders spreading out the Jets dee with four WRs and bringing in a sixth OL. Lol.

Geno might take some hits, but he'll take most of them after gaining positive yards. The Jets are gonna pin their ears back and come after Carr. Should be fun to watch.

And that's where Rex comes in.

If he can disguise and fool Carr into the wrong reads, huge advantage Jets.

As good as the Jets Dline is, they will not be collapsing the pocket on a 3-step drop.

we're talking about a rookie qb who has had almost no time to develop any real chemistry with his receivers. he is going across country to a hostile stadium to play a team with a very good defensive front. 3-step drops are short and timing routes. for a qb like brady and the patriots I think this is a great plan as brady will be fine dong this consistently. carr? I'd be surprised if he can pull that off. his scouting report says that he struggles under pressure and was basically a half-field read qb. rex should have his head spinning as he tries to figure out where the blitz is coming from and read the coverage. against a rookie qb, who has almost no time with his receivers, has had zero time in the league, and who struggles under pressure.....I think this plays right into the jets hands.

Archived