Derek Carr to start at QB for the Raiders: MERGED

Gastineau Lives

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're entitled to believe that but Jmo that Jet pass rush isn't going to be a factor. I hope the Jets Defensive line has that mentality( they have to get up the field) because a draw or a screen to the Raiders Rb's and they can be running for big chunks of yards.

Fast twitch speed rushers need how many seconds to get to the Qb , and a Muhammad Wilkerson type of rusher needs a lot more . Carr will have that ball out well before the pressure every gets there.( see where he has the mismatch advantage- when he comes to line of scrimmage)

As good as a Rex Ryan defense is , you can't cover for lousy Cb play.

Muhammed Wilkerson caught Eli 20 yards behind scrimmage last week.

You're entitled to believe that but Jmo that Jet pass rush isn't going to be a factor. I hope the Jets Defensive line has that mentality( they have to get up the field) because a draw or a screen to the Raiders Rb's and they can be running for big chunks of yards.

Fast twitch speed rushers need how many seconds to get to the Qb , and a Muhammad Wilkerson type of rusher needs a lot more . Carr will have that ball out well before the pressure every gets there.( see where he has the mismatch advantage- when he comes to line of scrimmage)

As good as a Rex Ryan defense is , you can't cover for lousy Cb play.

Yeah until Calvin Pryor blasts through the open lane that McFadden thought he had, and ends his season with his 6th straight season ending Vagina injury!

You're entitled to believe that but Jmo that Jet pass rush isn't going to be a factor.

Gee, I don't know. Pass rushes historically are a significant factor against QBs named Carr, including Derek.

ur right. rex ryan is basically a newb and has no idea how to design defenses to disguise coverages and confuse a rookie qb who has never played an nfl game in his life. I don't even know why the jets will bother to take the field.

There isn't much you can do to disguise coverage when you play four Wr wide - spread the field.( tough to play zone as there a lot of area to cover) . anytime Derek Carr gets single coverage , he isn't going to be afraid to put it up and let his Wr go up and get it.( Raiders Wr have huge size advantage against the jet Db's - look at the match ups) This jet secondary isn't anything it once was- there more holes in it than Swiss Cheese.( no Defensive genius can hide that fact)

Yes Derek Carr going to have growing pains in 2014 , but it won't be against a team with the troubles Jets have in there secondary.

Yeah until Calvin Pryor blasts through the open lane that McFadden thought he had, and ends his season with his 6th straight season ending Vagina injury!

Jmo I don't care which Raider RB your talking about Maurice Jones Drew( his legs are like tree trunks) , Darren McFadden 6'1 210 or Latavius Murray 6'3 230 4.38 (ask Earl Thomas about bringing him down) They meet in the hole let's see who comes out the better in that matchup.( in space c Pryor has no chance). Anytime Raiders Rb's get to second level against a jet safety or Cb , than matchup clearly Favors the Raider running back.

There isn't much you can do to disguise coverage when you play four Wr wide - spread the field.( tough to play zone as there a lot of area to cover) . anytime Derek Carr gets single coverage , he isn't going to be afraid to put it up and let his Wr go up and get it.( Raiders Wr have huge size advantage against the jet Db's - look at the match ups) This jet secondary isn't anything it once was- there more holes in it than Swiss Cheese.( no Defensive genius can hide that fact)

Yes Derek Carr going to have growing pains in 2014 , but it won't be against a team with the troubles Jets have in there secondary.

This is such a perfect strategy. An absolutely unstoppable offense. Makes you wonder why June Jones didn't have more success in the NFL.

Gee, I don't know. Pass rushes historically are a significant factor against QBs named Carr, including Derek.

The Jets have a top pass rush( those guys are great run defenders)? I wouldn't call the Jets Defensive line a very good pass rushing unit.( pretty weak compared to teams they see in the Afc West). Rex Ryan has to design blitzes packages to get to the Qb( why if I was Raiders OC would play with four Wr sets).

Any Qb that gets pressure( especially in their face) is going to struggle. The problem there is Raiders interior is the strength of the Oline.

This is such a perfect strategy. An absolutely unstoppable offense. Makes you wonder why June Jones didn't have more success in the NFL.

If he faced the Cb's the Jet will be putting out there September 7, 2014 every week - his offense would have been unstoppable. Thanks for making my point.

I think I like this option. the raiders don't even have 4 wide receivers that are worth worrying too much about. maybe YOU cant do much to design a gameplan that will confuse Derek carr but we can bet that rex ryan can. its actually a relief that we are playing the raiders first week while our secondary is still banged up. with the raiders we will be playing against one of the worst receiving corps in the nfl with either a washed up schaub or a rookie Derek carr starting his nfl game ever. crappy/rookie qb with a subpar receiving corps? I don't think you could ask for a better match up really. we might just send Derek into the same tailspin his brother faced (getting sacked into career suckage). the speed of the nfl game takes even great rookie qb's (elway, manning etc) some time to ge used to before they can play well. carr will be lucky if he can make one read before having to fling the ball somewhere, let alone making accurate presnap reads and then being capable of going through actual progressions accurately and picking apart any defenses. man, a meaningless win in the 4th preseason game really has ur testosterone going huh? this game won't even be close. just make sure you come back after the game ;-) .

You can throw that stat out for the simple fact this might be the worse secondary Rex Ryan has put out there. The Raiders for the most part want to run the football in 2014 . ( Offense line geared up for pounding the football)

Why would they bother this week . Jmo If I was Greg Olsen ( Raiders OC) I come out with four Wr sets and a single back.( Spread that Jet defense out and force them to play with more db's than Lb's- get deeper in Jet Db depth chart).

Something like this Rod Streater 6'3 210 and James Jones6'1 208/ Andre Holmes 6'4 223 on the outside . With Denarius Moore 6' 195 and Brice Butler 6'3 215 the inside Wr's. with Maurice Jones Drew/ Darren McFadden/ or Lativius Murray as the single back.

Since those Wr are spread out , Derek Carr can come to the line of scrimmage and figure out where he's getting single coverage , and that's where he's going.( by spreading the defense out it makes it harder for Rex Ryan to blitz)

Another benefit of playing with that many Wr's is makes it a lot easier to run the football.( Raiders Wr's have a huge size and weight advantage on Jets Db's) anytime the Raiders Rb's can get the Jets safeties or Cb one on one in opening space it Favors the Raiders Rb's.

That's the way I see it and obviously you see it another way.

Btw Raiders do play that way. jets bring in Babin to rush the passer- making it easier to run where ever he rushing from

Not sure I'd put the game in the hands of a rookie starting his very first game on the road, cross country vs. a defense that is known for disguising everything and confusing some of the best in the game.  That's a lot to ask from someone in his very first action.  The secondary might be weak but its not that weak.  Rex would kill him.  He'd never know where the blitz is coming from and literally die.

Jmo I don't care which Raider RB your talking about Maurice Jones Drew( his legs are like tree trunks) , Darren McFadden 6'1 210 or Latavius Murray 6'3 230 4.38 (ask Earl Thomas about bringing him down) They meet in the hole let's see who comes out the better in that matchup.( in space c Pryor has no chance). Anytime Raiders Rb's get to second level against a jet safety or Cb , than matchup clearly Favors the Raider running back.

The Jets have a top pass rush( those guys are great run defenders)? I wouldn't call the Jets Defensive line a very good pass rushing unit.( pretty weak compared to teams they see in the Afc West). Rex Ryan has to design blitzes packages to get to the Qb( why if I was Raiders OC would play with four Wr sets).

Any Qb that gets pressure( especially in their face) is going to struggle. The problem there is Raiders interior is the strength of the Oline.

you do know you're talking about a little different mobility between Eli Manning and Derek Carr. Not to mention Raiders Oline way better than the Giants.

:animal0029:

I think I like this option. the raiders don't even have 4 wide receivers that are worth worrying too much about. maybe YOU cant do much to design a gameplan that will confuse Derek carr but we can bet that rex ryan can. its actually a relief that we are playing the raiders first week while our secondary is still banged up. with the raiders we will be playing against one of the worst receiving corps in the nfl with either a washed up schaub or a rookie Derek carr starting his nfl game ever. crappy/rookie qb with a subpar receiving corps? I don't think you could ask for a better match up really. we might just send Derek into the same tailspin his brother faced (getting sacked into career suckage). the speed of the nfl game takes even great rookie qb's (elway, manning etc) some time to ge used to before they can play well. carr will be lucky if he can make one read before having to fling the ball somewhere, let alone making accurate presnap reads and then being capable of going through actual progressions accurately and picking apart any defenses. man, a meaningless win in the 4th preseason game really has ur testosterone going huh? this game won't even be close. just make sure you come back after the game ;-) .

<smiling> All I'm going to say let's see how bad those Raider Wr are, and let see what excuse you come up with around 4:00 pm Eastern time. Your talking a lot of smack that your secondary can't backup.

That's the thing it hasn't been one preseason game , Derek Carr been impressing all camp for the Raiders. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24586960/raiders-coach-derek-carr-better-than-we-thought-he-would-

Yes that was his best showing in the preseason ( against the Seahawks) for the simple fact outside of one other series( did very well) he hasn't played with the first string oline. Playing with the second string oline ,and the protection isn't as great.( has to throw it lot shorter)

<smiling> All I'm going to say let's see how bad those Raider Wr are, and let see what excuse you come up with around 4:00 pm Eastern time. Your talking a lot of smack that your secondary can't backup.

That's the thing it hasn't been one preseason game , Derek Carr been impressing all camp for the Raiders. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24586960/raiders-coach-derek-carr-better-than-we-thought-he-would-

Yes that was his best showing in the preseason ( against the Seahawks) for the simple fact outside of one other series( did very well) he hasn't played with the first string oline. Playing with the second string oline ,and the protection isn't as great.( has to throw it lot shorter)

Vanilla defense.

Mark Sanchez has been the second coming of Joe Montanta this preseason. That's all you need to know.

Every year the Raiders faithful start like its going to be another 16-0 season and keep that delusion going even when reality hits them hard.

Now in this game they might have a half way decent chance given its not sure who will play in the JETS secondary. But its just that a half way decent chance. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Good luck. May the best team win.

You can throw that stat out for the simple fact this might be the worse secondary Rex Ryan has put out there. The Raiders for the most part want to run the football in 2014 . ( Offense line geared up for pounding the football)

Why would they bother this week . Jmo If I was Greg Olsen ( Raiders OC) I come out with four Wr sets and a single back.( Spread that Jet defense out and force them to play with more db's than Lb's- get deeper in Jet Db depth chart).

Something like this Rod Streater 6'3 210 and James Jones6'1 208/ Andre Holmes 6'4 223 on the outside . With Denarius Moore 6' 195 and Brice Butler 6'3 215 the inside Wr's. with Maurice Jones Drew/ Darren McFadden/ or Lativius Murray as the single back.

Since those Wr are spread out , Derek Carr can come to the line of scrimmage and figure out where he's getting single coverage , and that's where he's going.( by spreading the defense out it makes it harder for Rex Ryan to blitz)

Another benefit of playing with that many Wr's is makes it a lot easier to run the football.( Raiders Wr's have a huge size and weight advantage on Jets Db's) anytime the Raiders Rb's can get the Jets safeties or Cb one on one in opening space it Favors the Raiders Rb's.

That's the way I see it and obviously you see it another way.

Btw Raiders do play that way. jets bring in Babin to rush the passer- making it easier to run where ever he rushing from

hey 90210. 

Vanilla defense.

Mark Sanchez has been the second coming of Joe Montanta this preseason. That's all you need to know.

Vanilla defense.

Did Mark Sanchez play the Seattle defense that started 9 out of 11 starters on defense. That Seattle defense only knows one way to play, and why they have been blowing so many teams out this preseason. again you can try to convince yourself that Derek Carr isn't going to be problem. let's see what you say after the game.

The Raiders coming out to the east coast for a 1pm eastern time game. If everything else was equal, that would be a huge factor by itself.

that has been a problem in the past and Raiders are changing their travel schedule. They use to fly in on Friday. This year they will coming in on Thursday. See if that helps, but at least they are trying to adapt.( i think with it being the first game- should help too)

Did Mark Sanchez play the Seattle defense that started 9 out of 11 starters on defense. That Seattle defense only knows one way to play, and why they have been blowing so many teams out this preseason. again you can try to convince yourself that Derek Carr isn't going to be problem. let's see what you say after the game.

I see, so carr did well in one series against what wasn't quite the starting seattle defense in the last preseason game. which is the one where the starters just try to get in and out of one series quickly without injuring themselves.....got it.

I see, so carr did well in one series against what wasn't quite the starting seattle defense in the last preseason game. which is the one where the starters just try to get in and out of one series quickly without injuring themselves.....got it.

The Raiders haven't had a winning record since 2002. Opening week has more or less been the high point of their season for the past decade. 

If you have the Nfl preseason pack all you have to do is watch the game, and tell me Seattle played that way. Seattle try to come out and dominate , and inflicted some damage on the Raiders offense.( Raiders sat out most of there top offensive weapons for the game- Seattle didn't surprisingly sit their defense stars). if you ever played any sport, you go half speed there is a better chance for injury. it would have been better if they just didn't play those defensive players in that game.(Pete Carrol could be playing jacks, and he wants to dominate)

what Carr saw against Seattle( a way way better secondary than he will see Sunday). The laser throws where Richard Sherman was all over the Wr.( Denarius Moore). He still put in a spot where Denarius Moore could only bring it in.

Keep try to convince yourself the Jets defense will be fine against the Raiders offense. at some point during the game reality going to set in, and you're going to realize your secondary overmatched

If you have the Nfl preseason pack all you have to do is watch the game, and tell me Seattle played that way. Seattle try to come out and dominate , and inflicted some damage on the Raiders offense.( Raiders sat out most of there top offensive weapons for the game- Seattle didn't surprisingly sit their defense stars). if you ever played any sport, you go half speed there is a better chance for injury. it would have been better if they just didn't play those defensive players in that game.(Pete Carrol could be playing jacks, and he wants to dominate)

what Carr saw against Seattle( a way way better secondary than he will see Sunday). The laser throws where Richard Sherman was all over the Wr.( Denarius Moore). He still put in a spot where Denarius Moore could only bring it in.

Keep try to convince yourself the Jets defense will be fine against the Raiders offense. at some point during the game reality going to set in, and you're going to realize your secondary overmatched

If the Jets lose to the Raiders, they will go 0 and 16.  Most Jets fans agree that this is a 1 and 15 team.  So we are looking forward to the week one matchup and we will turn our sets off for the next few months.

Raiders offense > Seahawks defense

I'm sold.

It is well known that the defending Super Bowl champions always go all out in preseason game # 4, lol.

It is well known that the defending Super Bowl champions always go all out in preseason game # 4, lol.

Did you watch the game? anyone has Nfl preseason package watch it. You tell me the defending Super Bowl champs didn't take that game seriously.( surprised me that they would risk their top players to injury like that-who Am I to question Pete Carroll methods)

The Autumn wind is a pirate

Blustering in from sea

With a rollicking song he sweeps along

Swaggering boisterously.

His face is weatherbeaten

He wears a hooded sash

With a silver hat about his head

And a bristling black mustache.

He growls as he storms the country

A villain big and bold

And the trees all shake and quiver and quake

As he robs them of their gold.