The *****OFFICIAL*****Jets Have Released Thread

SoFlaJets

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets release RB Richardson, LB Edds

August 30th, 2014 11:26 amThe Jets gave have released running back Daryl Richardson and will appear to be going with three backs on the roster per(Walder, Aug. 30). 

Linebacker A.J Edds has also been released despite having a strong camp (Costello, Aug. 30).

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

6 of 12 draft picks on bubble: George, Boyd, Enunwa, Enemkpali, Dixon, Reilly. Curious to see how many become this yr's "Idzik Red Shirts"

I'd be willing to bet that those two mild surprises in the cuts are making room for a couple more draft picks to make the team.

I'd be willing to bet that those two mild surprises in the cuts are making room for a couple more draft picks to make the team.

The fourth RB spot was kind of expendable. If cutting Richardson means keeping someone like IK or Enunwa, then I have no problem with it.

The fourth RB spot was kind of expendable. If cutting Richardson means keeping someone like IK or Enunwa, then I have no problem with it.

Usually the cuts come in a couple waves. You have the initial cuts, then another smaller round when they're looking to pick up players that other teams have cut. It'd be my guess that they'd be holding onto their draft picks thru the first round, in hopes that they wouldn't get scooped up by someone else, then cut them and stash them to make room for their own waiver wire pickups.

@BobGlauber: Looks like Jets WR Stephen Hill will be traded or released shortly. Cleveland may be interested.

There ya go..

Be great to get a late pick for him. You'd think Cleveland would be high enough on the waiver claim order to not bother, though.

Ever notice how the Pats cut first and second round picks all the time and you never hear about Pats fans super pissed about it ? I wish Jets beat reporters followed suit. It's not that emotional of a move. The guy can't catch. Move on. Period. Who really cares if he goes somewhere else and has a 50 catch season. That's the way you got to look at it.

Archived