The *****OFFICIAL*****Jets Have Released Thread

SoFlaJets

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Champ Bailey would fit nicely in the Jets tradition of bringing in aging DB's at the end of their careers........Atwater, Lott, Ty Law, ect

Idzik can probably get Boss Bailey for even cheaper. Could be an underrated signing for us.

Someone's going to have to get me the Readers Digest version of Sperm explaining how signing Patterson and then cutting him 4 months later was actually a brilliant move by Idzik.

CB was totally mis-managed this off-season, Idzik knows that he owns that debacle.  

If anything I have more respect for Idzik cutting the cord and owning the mistake.  

I asked before, but wanted to be clear... Patterson doesn't take home the entire 3.5, right?

No, reports were that only $1M of it was guaranteed.  There were even some rumors recently that the Jets could even try to get some of that back due to his little disappearing act, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

Gates plays specials too.

I do not think S is a weak area.  I'd be mildly surprised if they kept Bush over Miles, but Bush is the only real "cover" S.  The other are better in the box.  Miles had at least one play against Philly where he tried to avoid a block and failed and the guy got 18 yards.

I was referring to the secondary as a whole when I said weak area. Plus Allen will most likely be taking over CB spot in the beginning

Archived