The *****OFFICIAL*****Jets Have Released Thread

SoFlaJets

He did make a few plays in Philly, but the rest of camp he was awful. I guess it comes down to the 5th round draft pick stuff

George is too slow. IMO, the team is valuing speed a lot more than it has in the past, which might account for Miles and Edds getting wacked and Salim and Gates surviving so far.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't remember seeing Gates cut and if he is kept over Hill I will be pissed. If it's Salas or Hakim I get it because of ST.

Gates plays specials too.

This one is a surprise especially in a weak area of the team

I do not think S is a weak area.  I'd be mildly surprised if they kept Bush over Miles, but Bush is the only real "cover" S.  The other are better in the box.  Miles had at least one play against Philly where he tried to avoid a block and failed and the guy got 18 yards. 

Really liked Reilly coming in, and he played pretty well, but he didn't make any big plays in Philly.  Thinking PS for him.

IK did play well, but isn't his foot in a boot or something?  

Agreed.  Didnt really here his name in camp much either.

Didnt know IK injury was that serious. 

Over the last 2 yrs, former Jets WR Stephen Hill had the second-lowest catch pct (45.0) in the NFL, per @ESPNStatsInfo. #nyj

Former Jets WR Stephen Hill made $2.8M for his 2 seasons. Was due to count $1.285M on '14 cap. Now, it w/b $466k in '14, $466k in '15. #nyj

Footnote to Hill pick. Jets traded 5th and 7th rounders to move up in 2nd. Traded them to Seattle, where Idzik was in front office. #nyj

Really liked Reilly coming in, and he played pretty well, but he didn't make any big plays in Philly.  Thinking PS for him.

IK did play well, but isn't his foot in a boot or something?  

He had some sort of foot injury that kept him out, but I don't believe they actually ever stated anything about it.

IK, Reilly, and Enunwa. Enunwa tweeted about looking for spots to watch the Nebraska game, so he might know he's safe.

Nice. I wonder how that works. My knowledge of the inner workings are from Hard Knocks. lol. I wonder if someone actually told him he is safe.

Nice. I wonder how that works. My knowledge of the inner workings are from Hard Knocks. lol. I wonder if someone actually told him he is safe.

Doubt if anyone actually told him officially,  but it's very possible a position coach strongly hinted it to him

George is too slow. IMO, the team is valuing speed a lot more than it has in the past, which might account for Miles and Edds getting wacked and Salim and Gates surviving so far.

I don't think Edds is slow and I'm pretty sure that Miles ran in the 4.5s at the combine.  That is faster than plenty of people. I think he was a tenth off Pryor though in different years.  He was just more of a raw kid and probably practice squad eligible while the others are not.   These are the guys that picked George.  The only reason they might want to get rid of him is if he was one guy's pet pick and didn't show enough to the others.

I think we can now say the Dimitri Patterson signing was an utter disaster. Questionable move from Day 1, reflects poorly on Idzik. #nyj

Via Cimini

Yep. Probably the worst Idz move to date. He better replace him in the mini draft or trade.

Archived