Jets cut Dmitri Patterson

AFJF

For what it's worth, Idzik got way to cute this year.

He could have solidified the Jets CB situation very easily.

Why the hell does he want to sit on $22MM?

it pains me to see the CB situation in such dire shape, especially with the FA bonanza at the position.    The Jets actually look like a pretty good team except for the gaping hole at CB. 

as an outside observer why do you think Idzik bungled this one/ 

Our roster is significantly better than last year and we have $20+ million in cap space. Yea, I totally understand the b*tiching....

Agreed. Idzik took over a team with barely any talent and in cap hell. Two offseasons later, we have a young team with a lot of potential while sitting pretty on 20+ million. Financial flexibility is a good thing, you know. The only problem I've had with Idzik is how he's handled the CB situation.

No. Just denied the claims of him being AWOL. Apparently he was at the pre-game team meal though. Loser came for the free grub then high tailed it out of there.

yeah I saw he was there for the meal and then left.  what an asshat.  even if you aran't going to play, you don't leave.  **** him.  and then he doesn't show up for practice ?

buh-bye

yeah I saw he was there for the meal and then left.  what an asshat.  even if you aran't going to play, you don't leave.  **** him.  and then he doesn't show up for practice ?

buh-bye

One of those cases where if he goes and becomes an all pro for someone else.. I'd still say "f him". I hope he goes to the texans and the opposition throws all over him.

I will say this...

Despite the problems with drafting after the early rounds and even some debates regarding free agency, I've actually been pretty cool with the job that Idzik has done. But from start to finish regarding the Patterson signing, from the reasons for it to the handling of his dismissal, this is maybe the one instance I can say that rivals the Pete Kendall fiasco. And I didn't even think that type of weirdness was repeatable.

It's better because of Eric Decker...it's definitely not significantly better.

oh all right I'm bored.

obvious improvements;

back up QB

Screen back for marty

TE

WR

S

obvious deficiencies;

CB

the crappy OG situation is a carry over as is P and PR

Giacomini is a better run blocker, but gets penatlies so he is a push in my mind

I like George backing up Davis at the Will, but can't say what kind of player George is besides fast

then you have the clown removal initiative; sanchez, holmes,

idzik obviously mis-judged the CB market and got left holding the bag with a cheap scratch and dent special.

other wise he has made the roster younger, faster and cheaper

and in my mind better

oh all right I'm bored.

obvious improvements;

back up QB

Screen back for marty

TE

WR

S

obvious deficiencies;

CB

the crappy OG situation is a carry over as is P and PR

Giacomini is a better run blocker, but gets penatlies so he is a push in my mind

I like George backing up Davis at the Will, but can't say what kind of player George is besides fast

then you have the clown removal initiative; sanchez, holmes,

idzik obviously mis-judged the CB market and got left holding the bag with a cheap scratch and dent special.

other wise he has made the roster younger, faster and cheaper

and in my mind better

TE and safety is wait and see. I'm assuming Pryor will be good. Amaro who knows. O line is still very shaky and the secondary is a nightmare. We still need another receiver badly too.

TE and safety is wait and see. I'm assuming Pryor will be good. Amaro who knows. O line is still very shaky and the secondary is a nightmare. We still need another receiver badly too.

the dex injury was devastating.  the kid played with technique, awareness and skill.  Wilson still just chases guys around.  we really should be sitting here feeling like CB is "ok" but it's a hot mess.  the o-line was shaky last year.  Amaro has it.  He sold me. 

to that point I think Amaro is the #3 WR and CJ1K is #4

Archived