Jets claim CB Leon McFadden

BroadwayJets

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off track prediction: I think if a trade is coming, I believe it'll be for a WR rather than a CB. Idzik likes the moves he's made at CB whether we like it or not. 

Just throwin that out there.

Dude ... we cut the move he made for CB ...  just sayin ..

Good job guys making the new guy feel welcome.  After 15 posts he'll probably be koving off to Scout

We don't need posters who can't spell good, or fail to take advatenge of the "edit" button.  Then draw attention to they're mistake multiple times.

Mcdougle is where I was getting at. Knowing the type of GM Idzik is, he believes in his pick, and he's not going to deter his plans because of one injury. 

I sure hope Idzik isn't that kind of GM.  A GM who doesn't budge and wouldn't do much next offseason because he's counting on a kid who wouldn't have played football in over 2 years,  is not a good thing.

I sure hope Idzik isn't that kind of GM.  A GM who doesn't budge and wouldn't do much next offseason because he's counting on a kid who wouldn't have played football in over 2 years,  is not a good thing.

Yeah, I wouldn't love it if he bet the position purely on McDougle next season. I don't care how good he looked in camp as a rookie, he'll have appeared in 2 football games between Febrary 2013 and September 2015. Whatever faith Idzik has in McDougle not having an injury-plagued career going forward, he can't bet the whole team's 2015 after the way the team was hit by CB injuries and healthy FA misfires.

If there's a silver lining in the secondary, it's if - IF - Geno would be much improved from 2013 but not really fully there yet as a QB until 2015, then this year would have been a stepping-stone season for the team even if his first choice (Vontae Davis) signed here instead of returning to Indy. In that case, then the coverage skills Allen gains in the year spent as a corner in '14 could serve him VERY well as a safety in '15. Paired with 2nd-year Pryor at safety, adding a CB next year could see the Jets with a beastly secondary. Probably also need to find another slot corner unless Wilson suddenly wakes up enough to warrant re-signing, as I wouldn't bet the season on McDougle covering the slot either. Certainly not all the way back in March.

Archived