the genius gives away Mallett

Larz

This, coming from the guy who literally just posted that we should have kept Garrett McIntyre over Calvin Pace in another thread. 

I like McIntyre I think he's a good young football player who knows how to tackle unlike Calvin pace who is 34 and piles up garbage sacks and is a terrible tackler . If Barnes is healthy Pace is not even on this football team because both Barnes and Babin are better pass rushers. Pace is like the Eric Smith of LB's the guy falls down more than he makes actual tackles.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like McIntyre I think he's a good young football player who knows how to tackle unlike Calvin pace who is 34 and piles up garbage sacks and is a terrible tackler . If Barnes is healthy Pace is not even on this football team because both Barnes and Babin are better pass rushers. Pace is like the Eric Smith of LB's the guy falls down more than he makes actual tackles.

Except McIntyre is 29 so hes not all that young and despite being on this team for three years he has never managed to supplant Calvin Pace, a player you think sucks.

at least you have to guts to respond.

can you admit these were a cost saving moves (mankins and mallett)  and had nothing to do with winning games ?

they draft crappolo to avoid paying mallett an extension.  that's a money decision

No, Mallet was not progressing and Garapolo took his job. Also, the Pats needed the roster spot.

Mankins was still NEs best run blocker but had lost a step pass blocking. The Pats also needed another pass catching TE. And the cap space might help extend Revis. :love0040:

What if Bortles, Garropolo, Manziel, Mettenberger, Bridgewater, and Nassib all turn out to be great while Geno still sucks and a comet strikes the earth and the only people to survive are Jets fans who will then have to live full lives with that shame?

Keep your wet dreams to urself. Gross. 

Keenum snatched up by the Rams as a result:

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/sports/09-01-14-case-keenum-quickly-snatched-up-by-a-new-team-proving-his-doubters-wrong-again-and-leaving-texans-questions/

Case Keenum quickly snatched up by new team, proving his doubters wrong again — and leaving Texans questions

9.1.14 | 4:41 pm

That didn't take long.

One day after getting released by the Houston Texans in favor of Bill Belichick reject Ryan Mallett, Case Keenum's found a new NFL team. The quarterback-needy St. Louis Rams picked up the former University of Houston record breaker off waivers on Monday.

And just like that, the Keenum doubters have been proven wrong again.

In reality, there was little question that a passer who showed plenty of potential in his first half season of starting would be snatched up in a league so desperate for quality quarterbacks. Still, many of the Houston media outlets that inexplicably hated on Keenum during his run with the Texans predicted he'd struggle to find a new NFL home. The Houston Chronicle went as far as suggesting his NFL career could be over, parroting the kind of nonsense 610 AM radio host Nick Wright regularly spewed.

But it's not even close to the end for Keenum.

Instead Keenum is joining a Rams team that could give him a chance to start for a real contender at some point this season. With St. Louis' franchise quarterback hope Sam Bradford injured again — and lost for the season — Rams coach Jeff Fisher is looking for possible quarterback solutions.

The Rams will open the season with unremarkable veteran Shaun Hill as their starter, but Hill is hardly locked in.

With a fearsome defensive front seven and some explosive offensive playmakers like Tavon Austin, St. Louis presents a real opportunity for the right quarterback. Getting to play for Jeff Fisher — one of the most respected and open-minded coaches in the NFL — could be another boon for Keenum.

Fisher is unlikely to fixate on Keenum's lack of traditional quarterback height the way new Texans coach Bill O'Brien seemingly did. O'Brien never gave Keenum a chance to compete for the starting quarterback job —or even a single opportunity to play with the first team during the preseason.

Now Keenum gets a fresh start. As new beginnings go, it sure looks like a touchdown.

Well then, nevermind! This changes everything!

HEY EVERYBODY. WE CAN STOP MAKING FUN OF BELICHICK NOW, IT'S ACTUALLY A CONDITIONAL 6TH IF MALLET REACHES CERTAIN PLAYING TIME NUMBERS.

You're a Jet fan, feel free to spout off all the nonsense you guys always do, reality is never in play. The fact is that while B.B. is about as average a GM as there is in terms of the draft, the fact is he's produced more pro-bowlers in his time than the Jets have and no matter how many of his draft picks fail, the team still ends up one as one of the last teams standing while the Jets haven't sniffed a Super Bowl in 45 years. Believe me, I get it, if I was a Jet fan I'd be bitter jealous and so consumed with anger that my team let the best coach in the league walk out the door just so the Tuna could pick the groceries. Don't worry, after watching Geno I have no doubt he'll become a top 5 QB in no time. :1st:  

You're a Jet fan, feel free to spout off all the nonsense you guys always do, reality is never in play. The fact is that while B.B. is about as average a GM as there is in terms of the draft, the fact is he's produced more pro-bowlers in his time than the Jets have and no matter how many of his draft picks fail, the team still ends up one as one of the last teams standing while the Jets haven't sniffed a Super Bowl in 45 years. Believe me, I get it, if I was a Jet fan I'd be bitter jealous and so consumed with anger that my team let the best coach in the league walk out the door just so the Tuna could pick the groceries. Don't worry, after watching Geno I have no doubt he'll become a top 5 QB in no time. :1st:  

bill-belichick-auditions-role-of-arnie-g

No, Mallet was not progressing and Garapolo took his job. Also, the Pats needed the roster spot.

Mankins was still NEs best run blocker but had lost a step pass blocking. The Pats also needed another pass catching TE. And the cap space might help extend Revis. :love0040:

He looked good against 3rd strings.  :)

When drafted, I imagine the belief was to flip him for something more than a 7th round pick.

As you stated he did not develop. 

Knowing what we know now, I am happy he netted a 7th.

You're a Jet fan, feel free to spout off all the nonsense you guys always do, reality is never in play. The fact is that while B.B. is about as average a GM as there is in terms of the draft, the fact is he's produced more pro-bowlers in his time than the Jets have and no matter how many of his draft picks fail, the team still ends up one as one of the last teams standing while the Jets haven't sniffed a Super Bowl in 45 years. Believe me, I get it, if I was a Jet fan I'd be bitter jealous and so consumed with anger that my team let the best coach in the league walk out the door just so the Tuna could pick the groceries. Don't worry, after watching Geno I have no doubt he'll become a top 5 QB in no time. :1st:

Alan you are literally too stupid to insult.

When drafted, I imagine the belief was to flip him for something more than a 7th round pick.

The way I look at it is that every team should be trying to develop a QB behind their starter, most of the time it doesn't work and few go on to be much more than average but it's a sound practice. The Pats did turn a 7th into a 2nd with Cassel but Jet fans wouldn't get this for the most part because there's usually very little difference between their back up QB and their starter from the get go.  

The way I look at it is that every team should be trying to develop a QB behind their starter, most of the time it doesn't work and few go on to be much more than average but it's a sound practice. The Pats did turn a 7th into a 2nd with Cassel but Jet fans wouldn't get this for the most part because there's usually very little difference between their back up QB and their starter from the get go.  

tom-brady-sandwich-92009-909622448980b2c

I believe that the Cassel deal hurt with potential suitors too.

Rumors were that Dallas and Buffalo were interested have to be complete BS.

What does one have to do with other? You were asked if you thought they were good moves for the Pats and you're answer was to bring up three Jets draft picks that all happened between 5 and 11 years ago which is ancient history in NFL terms.

Why can't you simply answer the question you were asked? Be honest, do you have Aspergers?

Like everything in the NFL, value is determined by wins and losses.

I'll let you know at the end of the season.

You always forget that your talking to Jets fans, they have no concept of reality for the most part. They don't want to admit that the Pats have drafted more Pro-bowlers since B.B. has been with the team than the Jets have. That would ruin their fun of being off-season champions, which once aging is coming to an end in few short days. It's mass delusions and every year it seems to get worse, between being the Red Headed step children to the Giants and being the Patriots punching bag for the division every year Jets fans actually consider it a victory if the Pats lose the Super Bowl or the AFC Championship while there team sits home for the playoffs. :rl:  Yet in the next breath they'll tell you what a great accomplishment it is for them to have gone to and lost, two back to back AFC Championships. :unsure:

You always forget that your talking to Jets fans, they have no concept of reality for the most part. They don't want to admit that the Pats have drafted more Pro-bowlers since B.B. has been with the team than the Jets have. That would ruin their fun of being off-season champions, which once aging is coming to an end in few short days. It's mass delusions and every year it seems to get worse, between being the Red Headed step children to the Giants and being the Patriots punching bag for the division every year Jets fans actually consider it a victory if the Pats lose the Super Bowl or the AFC Championship while there team sits home for the playoffs. :rl:  Yet in the next breath they'll tell you what a great accomplishment it is for them to have gone to and lost, two back to back AFC Championships. :unsure:

tom-brady.jpg

You always forget that your talking to Jets fans, they have no concept of reality for the most part. They don't want to admit that the Pats have drafted more Pro-bowlers since B.B. has been with the team than the Jets have. That would ruin their fun of being off-season champions, which once aging is coming to an end in few short days. It's mass delusions and every year it seems to get worse, between being the Red Headed step children to the Giants and being the Patriots punching bag for the division every year Jets fans actually consider it a victory if the Pats lose the Super Bowl or the AFC Championship while there team sits home for the playoffs. :rl: Yet in the next breath they'll tell you what a great accomplishment it is for them to have gone to and lost, two back to back AFC Championships. :unsure:

No actually I consider it a victory when the Jets march into your teams stadium and flat out beat them the last time they met in the playoffs.

And whenever a Pats fan runs to a Jet board and posts over and over how delusional Jet fans are. How the Pats and very player from Brady down is the bestest player in ex whole wide world.

That's a sweet victory.

1)  was it wise to trade an o-lineman AND a backup QB ?

2) was it for money or for winning ?

3) did the past* get good value in return ?

I think they've made some dumb moves over the years, including these, but the Pats have also won the AFC East like 13 times since 1999, and are always a 12 win and better team it seems.  So whatever the hell most of us think about their moves, they still keep winning and are still contenders.    The team has been to 3 AFC Championships in a row, to 1 super bowl,  and are expected to contend again this year.

I sure as hell would love for the Jets to make boneheaded moves, but still keep winning anyway.   The jets seem to be "rebuilding" every few damn years.   It would be nice to win an AFC East title once in a while and continue to win 10 games or more every year.

I think they've made some dumb moves over the years, including these, but the Pats have also won the AFC East like 13 times since 1999, and are always a 12 win and better team it seems.  So whatever the hell most of us think about their moves, they still keep winning and are still contenders.    The team has been to 3 AFC Championships in a row, to 1 super bowl,  and are expected to contend again this year.

I sure as hell would love for the Jets to make boneheaded moves, but still keep winning anyway.   The jets seem to be "rebuilding" every few damn years.   It would be nice to win an AFC East title once in a while and continue to win 10 games or more every year.

Best post in the entire thread.

Who the hell cares what "value" the Pats received from these moves?

As usual, they will win their 12-14 games, another AFCE title and have a first round bye.

Best post in the entire thread.

Who the hell cares what "value" the Pats received from these moves?

As usual, they will win their 12-14 games, another AFCE title and have a first round bye.

Klecko does, it's very important to him that the Jets maintain their status as off-season champs.  

Archived