Welcome JI Posters

Maxman

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New here from JI, site looks good. I like the layout. Recognize some of the old usernames from back in the day at JI. Looking forward to kicking off a new football season soon! :biggrin:

Welcome. remember if one of us mods asks to see you in the mod lounge, you have to say "yes"

Literally posted about 15 mins ago, enjoy!:

Why I decided to make this move and Q&A

I was reading the other thread and obviously some are making speculations about why I decided to make this move. I've been called a traitor, a sell out and numerous other things (which I knew would come from some when I announced this.) I also appreciate the several supportive and calm/collected feedback as well. 

I mentioned this in another thread but will explain again. 

I decided to make this move because we have reached our pinnacle here. We are the top Jets site on the internet. No other Jets site is even in the same stratosphere as we are regarding site hits and message board traffic and posts. We are the only Jet fan site with full credentials with the team and have a great relationship with them. Every other fan site has begged the Jets for access but has been denied time after time. That beng saud, it was time for a new challenge and joining Scout's national platform I think will take this site to a new level. 

Scout has literally been heavily recruiting this site for nearly a decade. We must have declined at least a dozen times. They started when Fox bought it in 2005. They wanted to kick Leberfeld out and have us move our site in and replace Jetsconfidential. At that time this site was much smaller and it wasn't the situation I wanted. I liked being independent. Furthermore, after FOX bought it they really did nothing with it for the whole time they owned it. They couldn't find a right fit and it languished for years. Then, last year the site was bought back by a group led by it's original founder and the CEO of Clear Channel. Here's the story:

http://www.businessinsider.com/bob-p...jected-2013-11

After this happened, they started heavily recruiting us again right after the purchase. I declined again but in the meantime did some due diligence, talked more to them, met with them on several occasions and really feel the guys running now this site are extremely bright and we are getting in on the ground floor of a site and organization that is going to be a power in the sports world.

After months of negotiations I felt comfortable that this was the right move for this site at this time. I hope you respect the decision and trust our 15 year history that it will be a great move for all of us. 

I am an entrepreneur by heart. I love doing new things and am never shy to take on a challenge. I felt this is the next step to take this site. 

Now the brass tax...

Yes, the software of the new board is inferior to here. They are working on a whole new platform and the new ownership group is spending millions to upgrade the site. It may be a small adjustment at first but this board isn't the software, it's the people. It always has been. That isn't going to change. 

The site is not closing down. It's just moving to a new platform. We are going to run it the same way regarding Jets coverage, content (actually more content including video coverage and more). Furthermore, since we can't immediately move the threads we will keep the old board open for reference just not posting. 

The board is set up exactly the same as this one. Same staff, same mods, same forums. Nothing will Change 

I nor any of our staff is leaving. I did not sell the site. We just agreed to do what we've been doing for 15 years on Scout. 

I hope you respect that this decision I made, I thought was best for the long term future of JI. 

In closing, for those of you that truly think I am a traitor or a sell out please post elsewhere. I give you my blessing. 

Here's the other options: 

nyjets.com forums

ganggreen.com forums

jetsaddicts.com forums

jetnation.com forums -

FIRST TIME EVER ON JI It's not Censored out!!

nyjetsfan.com forums

jetsconfidential.com forums

Those who trust our 15 year track record, I hope you will stay. I think you will be happy you did. 

Now any questions you may have, fire away.

Thanks for the welcome. Great to see all these familiar names from WAY back!

I was a lurker on JI before the 08 exodus and I remember a bunch of you.

Glad to see some of the recent higher quality JI bretheren refugees too! 

I been walkin on eggshells since last years playoffs because of thin-skinned, 3 series leasing douches... not sure how I never signed up here.

Probably because the utterance of this site name on JI is a bannable offense... lolz

Anyways, great site here! Really nice. A lot of really good/useful features! And not as uptight? Am I hearing that correctly?

I been walkin on eggshells since last years playoffs because of thin-skinned, 3 series leasing douches... not sure how I never signed up here.

Probably because the utterance of this site name on JI is a bannable offense... lolz

Anyways, great site here! Really nice. A lot of really good/useful features! And not as uptight? Am I hearing that correctly?

I cannot speak for everyone, but there is nothing tight about any of the mods. 

Literally posted about 15 mins ago, enjoy!:

In closing, for those of you that truly think I am a traitor or a sell out please post elsewhere. I give you my blessing. 

Here's the other options: 

nyjets.com forums

ganggreen.com forums

jetsaddicts.com forums

jetnation.com forums - FIRST TIME EVER ON JI It's not Censored out!!

nyjetsfan.com forums

jetsconfidential.com forums

Those who trust our 15 year track record, I hope you will stay. I think you will be happy you did. 

Now any questions you may have, fire away.

did he actually bold jetnation.com??

put it this way. you have to really be an assclown to get banned here. its pretty laid back and you can usually speak your mind

I'm happy for whomever runs JETNATION. Its a great site and i hope it increases the membership base. Threads got real bitchy at JI...like real bitchy, girl fights. I wish I could remember the names of all the thin-skinned posters but its been too long.

Good luck JETNATION!!!

Thank you.  We definitely keep the atmosphere loose here, we are a passionate bunch but we don't take things too seriously. 

I forgot I set up an account here a while back. It even had my Tiger Paw as my avatar...Lol. Already a smoother transition than what I went through at Scout.

Anyway, like other JI refugees, I am exploring my options. This place does look a million times better, and "feels" closer to what I am used to.

Thanks for giving us a look. Hopefully you decide to stick around.

I've never been man enought to fully integrate myself over here, but now that Sploogth has sold our info and made out like a pig in heat, I guess I'm about to become a full time Jet nation man in training. Or lady man. I can't decide.

Not sure what to say. Thanks, I think lol.

Thank you for the welcome. Looking forward to posting here!

We are glad you signed up!

Max must feel like Vince McMahon when he took over wcw

LOL - I love this.

New here from JI, site looks good. I like the layout. Recognize some of the old usernames from back in the day at JI. Looking forward to kicking off a new football season soon! :biggrin:

Thanks Barkus. That is the amazing part that has been lost in the shuffle the past few days. Jets football is here!

What's doing Hitman, you mean you won't miss him? I have a string of SARs messages to mods asking me to be banned for talking about him.

Glad to see how absolutely nothing has apparently changed.

He's already started a war with a long time Scout poster, telling him that he's got $20,000 worth of PSLs and drives a BMW, who does he think he is.

Yeah, he's still a whiney sh1t

He's already started a war with a long time Scout poster, telling him that he's got $20,000 worth of PSLs and drives a BMW, who does he think he is.

Yeah, he's still a whiney sh1t

You just answered that question with the next sentence.

Archived