Edds is back Lankster cut

jetsrule128

They've got to have something else in mind.  2 guys with a week to learn the system are going to play week 1 over Lankster?

Something has to be going on.  Who's starting week 1?

Actually, that's a damn good question. Because if it's not Allen opposite Walls due to the concussion, and it's not Lankster, that leaves.... Johnny Patrick? No, he's gone. Dowling? No, he's gone..... um... Dixon is gone too, right? So, um... 

Here are some thing stoicsentry has said about Ellis Lankster:

I don't care how he does it----draft picks, the pot of gold he's swimming in, whatever. But Darrin Walls and Ellis Lankster should not be starting corners in this league. Only, thanks to Idzik's frugal ways, they are.

SMH... only Idzik. Only. Idzik.

What is the team's depth chart at CB now that this journeyman and our converted linebacker are out? Darrin Walls and Ellis Lankster on the outside, Kyle Wilson inside and Johnny Patrick on the bench? BRUTAL.

I can't ever remember the bottom of the roster getting churned like this but then again my memory suks so....

This is a common, every year thing for every team. Tannenbaum used to churn the bottom of the roster all year long, that's how the Jets lost Woodhead. It's the bottom of the roster, though, so it doesn't tend to register.

Actually, that's a damn good question. Because if it's not Allen opposite Walls due to the concussion, and it's not Lankster, that leaves.... Johnny Patrick? No, he's gone. Dowling? No, he's gone..... um... Dixon is gone too, right? So, um...

what that tells me Antonio Allen will be one of the starting Cb for the Jets.

Here are some thing stoicsentry has said about Ellis Lankster:

The problem being what? Yeah, the Jets are bad at CB. There's no justifying that. That doesn't mean that intentionally getting worse at the position makes any sense, either.

The fact that Lankster shouldn't be starting in this league does not mean that there aren't options out there that are even worse. You're trying to insinuate that it's not possible to be worse at the position. That's ridiculous.

Similarly, just because David Nelson should not be a starting WR in the NFL, that doesn't mean that cutting him makes any sense when he's the best you've got.

Those vagina monologues just aren't as logically consistent as they used to be.

No fanbase in the league would be excited about starting Ellis Lankster at CB. Again, that doesn't mean that there aren't worse CBs in the league, and it doesn't mean that you should start some random scrub you just picked up off the streets over him.

Cant keep making the team based on special teams forever. Lankster was filling a CB spot yet he's unreliable at CB. Someone else will step up and make a tackle on special teams. Bottomline is that we need CB's who are actually going to play the position. its a sacrifice that we can live with. 

Ballsy move by Idzik. 

Cant keep making the team based on special teams forever. Lankster was filling a CB spot yet he's unreliable at CB. He's Someone on the will step up and make a tackle on special teams. Bottomline is that we need CB's who are actually going to play the position. its a sacrifice that we can live with.

Ballsy move by Idzik.

I agree 1000%

I think a lot of this activity was designed to stash george and enunwa on the PS.  they more or less stalled, kept them, made claims and moves then released them

so Edds replaces george, powell replaces enunwa and idzik tries to stash the rookies

I don't think there is any big CB move coming

The problem being what? Yeah, the Jets are bad at CB. There's no justifying that. That doesn't mean that intentionally getting worse at the position makes any sense, either.

The fact that Lankster shouldn't be starting in this league does not mean that there aren't options out there that are even worse. You're trying to insinuate that it's not possible to be worse at the position. That's ridiculous.

Similarly, just because David Nelson should not be a starting WR in the NFL, that doesn't mean that cutting him makes any sense when he's the best you've got.

dolph07062013.gif

Dude what the **** are you even arguing at this point. Stop already. Jesus. Get a grip.

I think a lot of this activity was designed to stash george and enunwa on the PS. they more or less stalled, kept them, made claims and moves then released them

so Edds replaces george, powell replaces enunwa and idzik tries to stash the rookies

That's an interesting way to look at it, something I didn't think of , you could be right .

I think a lot of this activity was designed to stash george and enunwa on the PS.  they more or less stalled, kept them, made claims and moves then released them

Dude's got a point Or three. I think.

surprised lankster was cut. Edds was probably signed because of bellore's calf injury. They probably wanted someone to suit up if he is not 100%. Hopefully milliner will be ready for sunday. I like walls, just wish the guy could catch, he puts himself in good position to make big plays but drops the ball (Atl monday night last yr was a big one, pre-season giants game this yr for example.) I'm not sold on allen as a corner, would prefer him as safety. We will see how it plays out soon enough.

Archived