It's Days Like This That Make The PSL's So Worth It

SAR I

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought your type didnt wear white after Labor Day.

It is a bit tacky but I'm a PSL holder and if my head coach makes an exclusive call to me I'm going to do as he asks.

The challenge is the shorts.  I've got a white jersey, white hat, white socks, white sneakers, white glasses, but have to run with khaki shorts.

SAR I

Maybe he just wants to see you sh*t your pants when a blue collar guy walks past your car with a beer.

I park my BMW in the Green Club lot, nowhere near the Ford-driving burping farting throng who piss on cars in their drunken Lynyrd Skynyrd fueled stupors.

It is not my fault that the Jets set up a caste system at MetLife, I didn't ask them for the Rich Man Poor Man seating arrangements.  That said, I spent a decade in Giants Stadium getting burped on, farted on, cursed on, and distracted by a bunch of blue-collar drunken louts who got up/down/up/down all game getting beers and pissing them out, the sound of their brown paper bag lunches crunching in my ears.  Today, I sit next to respectible people who realize that attending live NFL games is a rich-man's hobby and don't treat our beautiful new stadium like a dirtbags sports bar.

SAR I

It is a bit tacky but I'm a PSL holder and if my head coach makes an exclusive call to me I'm going to do as he asks.

The challenge is the shorts.  I've got a white jersey, white hat, white socks, white sneakers, white glasses, but have to run with khaki shorts.

SAR I

Time to retire the jersey. 

Rex Ryan calling SAR. Yup, this is definitely a franchise that is owned by Woody Johnson.

Woody Johnson has been a great owner for a bunch of reasons, but for what he did for loyal Jets fans in Metlife Stadium he deserves a statue when he passes away.

For years, white-collar wealthy types were blocked from the best seats in the house by blue-collar types who had $10 seats in Shea Stadium and didn't give 'em up because they minted money.  Sell half the games for 3x face value, attend half the games for free, pocket $1000 in the process.  Great scam they had going down there.  The PSL process blew that all up, gave the fanbase a nice enema, suddenly the rich could just write a check and no more waitlist.  I can get a great seat at the opera, I can get into first class on an airline, now I can get great seats for NFL games.

I love the man.  Met him and told him that myself.

SAR I

Woody Johnson has been a great owner for a bunch of reasons, but for what he did for loyal Jets fans in Metlife Stadium he deserves a statue when he passes away.

For years, white-collar wealthy types were blocked from the best seats in the house by blue-collar types who had $10 seats in Shea Stadium and didn't give 'em up because they minted money.  Sell half the games for 3x face value, attend half the games for free, pocket $1000 in the process.  Great scam they had going down there.  The PSL process blew that all up, gave the fanbase a nice enema, suddenly the rich could just write a check and no more waitlist.  I can get a great seat at the opera, I can get into first class on an airline, now I can get great seats for NFL games.

I love the man.  Met him and told him that myself.

SAR I

lyNiiYP.gif

I park my BMW in the Green Club lot, nowhere near the Ford-driving burping farting throng who piss on cars in their drunken Lynyrd Skynyrd fueled stupors.

SAR I

Many years ago while at Ft. Bragg a few friends and I went to a club. We drove around for 15 minutes looking for a parking space and kept passing a brand new Mazda B2200 pickup truck with an extended cab, a butterfly window in the back and a new vehicle temporary tag.  The guy parked under a lampost and had taken up 4 parking spots.  The more we drove around the madder we got.  Finally, we jumped out, picked up the truck, slid it over so the drivers side door was up against the pole, opened the butterfly window and took turns christening his interior.

I don't have season tickets, and don't drink much anymore, but I am tempted to pick up a 12 pack and cruise the Green Club lot on game day blessing all the BMW's.

Don't worry... It's white-collar. We even have a little old lady who bakes Italian cookies for the regulars. Enron and Martha Stewart types.

None of the imposter types who drive entry-level rented cars.

And really when you think of attending an NFL football game in person, you immediately think of fedora-wearing douchebags eating fresh warm cookies. Some may even watch the game. That is, at least, in the half of the luxury boxes that have actual fedora-wearing d-bags in them instead of the sea of empty ones . None of that beer-swilling rabble, selling out the stadium.Thank you, Woody Johnson! Stop by Sunday, I'll be on the couch. 

Archived