2014 predictions, game by game...

deucebag

Week 1:  Nice but unspectacular victory to open the season - Jets 24 Raiders 20.

Week 2:  Jets completely shut down Eddie Lacy and hit Rodgers repeatedly,  Jets run right through GBs mediocre defensive front...as Jets take advantage of a GB team physically and mentally beaten by Seattle in week one, Jets 27-16.

Week 3:  Please tell me I didnt just see Santonio Holmes streak down the sideline to score the winning touchdown, too much Cutler, Bears 35 Jets 24.

Week 4:  Jets come back roaring at the Lions, Amaro upstages Ebron and Jets cruise to 3 -1 with a huge 41-14 upset.

Week 5:  Jets dominate the Chargers with a stunning 30-9 drubbing.

Week 6:  With a battle for first place in just three days on their minds, the Jets get dominated by Payton and the AFCs #1 rated defense, 44-10....there goes first place.

Week 7:  In a thrilling and electrifying game the Jets pull out an upset despite 3 Genovers,  Tom Brady suffers bruised ribs and a mild concussion and the Jets pass rush repeatedly punishes him.  Jets go to 5-2 and give NE their first loss of the season 19-13.

Week 8:  A rested Jets team returns home and moves into a first place tie, Geno has his best game as a pro throwing for 400 yards and 4 TDs...Jets batter the last place Bills 41-10.

Week 9:  The 2-5 Chiefs were already regretting they gave Alex Smith the $$$, then he met Mo Wilk 4 times and the first place Jets leave town 7-2 after a 23-9 victory.

Week 10:  What does the big doofy rapist have against the Jets, jeez, the resurgent Steelers sent the Jets miserably into the BYE with a 28-14 win.

Week 12:  Shocking how bad the Bills are, NYs only football team falls to 2-9 while the Jets at 8-3 keep pace with NE, 27-17.

week 13:  Geno puts on a show for his home crowd and the Jets hold on for a tense 30-27 victory.

Week 14:  Minnesota's deep threats and AP prove too much as the Jets fail to rush for over 100 yards for the first time this season, Vikings 30 Jets 16.  The 9-4 Jets fall to one game back of NE.

Week 15:  The AFCs worst team is no match for the Jets as Zach Mettenbergers first NFL start is a forgettable one, Jets 34 Titan 6.

Week 16: Could this the year.....well, no, Little Bill pulls out all the tricks eeks out yet another division crown with a 21-7 plastering in Geno's worst game of the year.

Week 17:  With the wild card in hand, home field advantage slips away and the rising Phins surprise the jets and avenge last years loss, with a 28-14 upset.

10-6, not too bad, but disappointing as at 9-3 things were looking swell, if only they had gotten another CB....  

WEEK 1 VS. Oakland - WIN (1-0)

WEEK 2 @ Green Bay - Loss (1-1)

WEEK 3 VS. Chicago - Loss (1-2)

WEEK 4 VS. Detroit - Loss (1-3)

WEEK 5 @ San Diego - Win (2-3)

WEEK 6 VS. Denver - Win (3-3)

WEEK 7 @ New England - Loss (3-4)

WEEK 8 VS. Buffalo - Win (4-4)

WEEK 9 @ Kansas City - Win (5-4)

WEEK 10 VS. Pittsburgh - Win (6-4)

WEEK 12 @ Buffalo - Win (7-4)

WEEK 13 VS. Miami - Win (8-4)

WEEK 14 @ Minnesota - Loss (8-5)

WEEK 15 @ Tennessee - Win (9-5)

WEEK 16 VS. New England - Win (10-5)

WEEK 17 @ Miami - Win (11-5)

POSSIBLE POSTSEASON RECORD: (1-1)

I believe the Jets will have a much better year than some are projecting. I think the AFC East title will come down to the last 3 weeks between Miami, NE, and the Jets. As you can see above, I believe the second half will be where the Jets turn it on, and finally recapture that AFC East title. The Jets may have trouble with a mostly pass heavy NFC North, and will probably slip up on the rush of Minnesota. Hopefully they can squeak out a win between 1 or 2 of the NFC north teams, so any later slip ups will be covered. If they make it to the playoff, they will not get a bye. They will win the first game, lose the second.

Week 1:  Nice but unspectacular victory to open the season - Jets 24 Raiders 20.

Week 2:  Jets completely shut down Eddie Lacy and hit Rodgers repeatedly,  Jets run right through GBs mediocre defensive front...as Jets take advantage of a GB team physically and mentally beaten by Seattle in week one, Jets 27-16.

Week 3:  Please tell me I didnt just see Santonio Holmes streak down the sideline to score the winning touchdown, too much Cutler, Bears 35 Jets 24.

Week 4:  Jets come back roaring at the Lions, Amaro upstages Ebron and Jets cruise to 3 -1 with a huge 41-14 upset.

Week 5:  Jets dominate the Chargers with a stunning 30-9 drubbing.

Week 6:  With a battle for first place in just three days on their minds, the Jets get dominated by Payton and the AFCs #1 rated defense, 44-10....there goes first place.

Week 7:  In a thrilling and electrifying game the Jets pull out an upset despite 3 Genovers,  Tom Brady suffers bruised ribs and a mild concussion and the Jets pass rush repeatedly punishes him.  Jets go to 5-2 and give NE their first loss of the season 19-13.

Week 8:  A rested Jets team returns home and moves into a first place tie, Geno has his best game as a pro throwing for 400 yards and 4 TDs...Jets batter the last place Bills 41-10.

Week 9:  The 2-5 Chiefs were already regretting they gave Alex Smith the $$$, then he met Mo Wilk 4 times and the first place Jets leave town 7-2 after a 23-9 victory.

Week 10:  What does the big doofy rapist have against the Jets, jeez, the resurgent Steelers sent the Jets miserably into the BYE with a 28-14 win.

Week 12:  Shocking how bad the Bills are, NYs only football team falls to 2-9 while the Jets at 8-3 keep pace with NE, 27-17.

week 13:  Geno puts on a show for his home crowd and the Jets hold on for a tense 30-27 victory.

Week 14:  Minnesota's deep threats and AP prove too much as the Jets fail to rush for over 100 yards for the first time this season, Vikings 30 Jets 16.  The 9-4 Jets fall to one game back of NE.

Week 15:  The AFCs worst team is no match for the Jets as Zach Mettenbergers first NFL start is a forgettable one, Jets 34 Titan 6.

Week 16: Could this the year.....well, no, Little Bill pulls out all the tricks eeks out yet another division crown with a 21-7 plastering in Geno's worst game of the year.

Week 17:  With the wild card in hand, home field advantage slips away and the rising Phins surprise the jets and avenge last years loss, with a 28-14 upset.

10-6, not too bad, but disappointing as at 9-3 things were looking swell, if only they had gotten another CB....  

:rl:

douchebag are you kiddin? you gotta be kiddin. If this team goes 8-8 against this brutal schedule, it'll be as fantastic as the second coming of Jesus.

WEEK 1 VS. Oakland - WIN (1-0)   27-23

WEEK 2 @ Green Bay - Loss (1-1)  37-17

WEEK 3 VS. Chicago - Loss (1-2)  34-23

WEEK 4 VS. Detroit - Loss (1-3)  24-20

WEEK 5 @ San Diego - Loss (1-4)  34-13

WEEK 6 VS. Denver - Loss (1-5)  40-17

WEEK 7 @ New England - Loss (1-6)   27-16

WEEK 8 VS. Buffalo - Win (2-6)   20-16

WEEK 9 @ Kansas City - Loss (2-7)   31-20

WEEK 10 VS. Pittsburgh - Loss (2-8)  20-13  

WEEK 12 @ Buffalo - Win (3-8)  30-17

WEEK 13 VS. Miami - Win (4-8)  24-13

WEEK 14 @ Minnesota - Win (5-8)  27-17

WEEK 15 @ Tennessee - Loss (5-9)  23-20

WEEK 16 VS. New England - Loss (5-10)  37-20

WEEK 17 @ Miami - Win (6-10)  20-17

Despite the 6-10 record, this team will play better than last years erratic team.  Many players will improve. The schedule is just too brutal. 

Whats funny about the NFL is teams that you think are going to be good or even great, turn out horrible.....see Houston and Atlanta last year.  I have a feeling Green Bay is in trouble due to a lack of a DL and the reliance of an old Julius Peppers to revitalize their D.  Hawk and Matthews are also beyond their prime. If you can run the ball against them and control the clock you can beat them.   Detroit is another team set up to disappoint - new coaching staff, still problems in the secondary, cant count on Reggie Bush...Add KC and SD to that list of potential poor performers.  I dont see a good season for the Bills either.  Teams that play good D and have more than one top WR will dominate the Jets - Chicago, Minnesota and Denver - Those are the only sure losses I see.

I think the Jets will start 2-0, that's all I'll say.

I think people are really overestimating the Packers this season, this is Rodgers first season without two of his biggest threats in Jones and Finley, and let's not forget, their starting center is on short term IR, they are starting a rookie at center, we have to capitalize on this. If Seattle has their way with him tonight, there's no reason we shouldn't do the same in week 2.

Deuce....I agree about teams been hard to peg just can't base it on last year in the NFL today.

Yeah, I've been saying since it came out that people are getting way too hung up on the schedule.  Every year there are countless teams that end up being vastly different than anyone expected, in both directions.  Not to mention that some of these folks who are projecting absolutely certain losses are the same ones who would have given the Jets no shot to get those wins last year vs the Saints or Pats.  That's not to mention that there's not a single team in the supposedly fearsome NFC North who had more wins than the Jets last year, as Green Bay won the division with an extremely "meh" 8-7-1 record.  I'm not saying it will be easy, but there's no excuse for the team not to improve on last year's record, regardless of whatever people want to say about the schedule.

Yeah, I've been saying since it came out that people are getting way too hung up on the schedule.  Every year there are countless teams that end up being vastly different than anyone expected, in both directions.  Not to mention that some of these folks who are projecting absolutely certain losses are the same ones who would have given the Jets no shot to get those wins last year vs the Saints or Pats.  That's not to mention that there's not a single team in the supposedly fearsome NFC North who had more wins than the Jets last year, as Green Bay won the division with an extremely "meh" 8-7-1 record.  I'm not saying it will be easy, but there's no excuse for the team not to improve on last year's record, regardless of whatever people want to say about the schedule.

The murderers row of QBs does concern me. But you just don't know how teams will be from year to year.  I think they improve. Geno alone should help that happen.  10 and 6 would be a nice step forward.

Oakland - Win (1-0)

at Green Bay - Loss (1-1)

Chicago - Loss (1-2)

Detroit - Win (2-2)

at San Diego - Win (3-2)

Denver - Loss (3-3)

at New England - Loss (3-4)

Buffalo - Win (4-4)

at Kansas City - Loss (4-5)

Pittsburgh - Loss (4-6)

Bye

at Buffalo - Win (5-6)

Miami - Win (6-6)

at Minnesota - Win (7-6)

at Tennessee - Win (8-6)

New England - Loss (8-7)

at Miami - Win (9-7)

Playoffs Wild Card Round vs. Pittsburgh - Loss

FINAL RECORD: 9-7, Loss in Wildcard Round

I'm not gonna go game by game, because it's so hard to predict what the teams will look like in month from now, let alone at the end of the season. But I think the Jets win on Sunday and I think the Packers may be in trouble this year. The thing that concerns me the most about them are their lines. The Falcons had horrible lines last year and we saw how they got dominated. You can have all the skill positions you want but if the QB doesn't have the time and the Dline gets dominated by other team's offensive lines it is going to be very difficult to win.

The murderers row of QBs does concern me. But you just don't know how teams will be from year to year.  I think they improve. Geno alone should help that happen.  10 and 6 would be a nice step forward.

Frankly, I think that's a bit overstated as well.  While they're by no means bad QBs, some of these guys like Stafford, Cutler, and Rivers aren't exactly amongst the elite class either, and known for being wildly inconsistent (although Rivers is admittedly coming off of a fantastic year).  It's not to say they won't have some struggles in a number of the games in that stretch, but these guys are certainly no bigger challenges than the likes of Brees and Brady were last year.  All of that said, I'm not expecting a huge increase in win totals either and agree that 10 wins is a reasonable mark to shoot for.

Archived