White out on Sunday

Maxman

The Jets are doing a white out. To those going, will you partake?  I don't know that I have much white Jets stuff, I always buy green jerseys. But I am thinking about it.

Am I crazy for thinking about it? I know this is mostly a marketing ploy...but it is kind of cool no?

I don't want to be the only person in green on Sunday.  What does everyone think?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it will be a disaster. i think this only works in college, hockey and basketball because everyone gets white shirts as you enter the arena or stadium. I think that since  we cant get 80,000 jets fans into the game on time or do the jets chant there is no way this works. 

that is what i think. 

I kinda like the idea, raiders are wearing black and we'll be all white. Jets are handing out #whiteout towels to the fans as they enter the building. Didn't the Jets do something similar last year against the Pats at home? Green out maybe? They were serving green beer and gave out towels etc We won that game so hey maybe it works.

I kinda like the idea, raiders are wearing black and we'll be all white. Jets are handing out #whiteout towels to the fans as they enter the building. Didn't the Jets do something similar last year against the Pats at home? Green out maybe? They were serving green beer and gave out towels etc We won that game so hey maybe it works.

Just realized that this means any opposing fans will really stand out even more

I'll be wearing my green Curtis Martin jersey, my skin color will contribute to the white out. The only meaningful part of this is that the Jets are forcing the Raiders to wear black which might slightly affect some poor conditioned players on their side who can't handle the heat as the game goes on.

The Jets are doing a white out. To those going, will you partake?  I don't know that I have much white Jets stuff, I always buy green jerseys. But I am thinking about it.

Am I crazy for thinking about it? I know this is mostly a marketing ploy...but it is kind of cool no?

I don't want to be the only person in green on Sunday.  What does everyone think?

We both know you are going to spill Bar bq sauce all over your shirt so I would go with the green one if I was you.

I will be in green myself unless I get the urge to go out and buy a white jersey.  Should be a green out!

Why is it a bad idea? Because you don't have a white jersey? Why can't the organization try things to get the crowd riled up and unified? It works for other teams. I could understand if you  have one Jet Jersey and it's green, but to be anti the idea seems curmudgeonly.  

you want people to wear white? You give them a t-shirt.  

otherwise it looks stupid when 1/3 of the stadium is white, 1/3 green and 1/3 grey.

Jets marketing like their offense cant execute simple things.

whats with all the hate, i was at the greenout game and i thought it was awesome, the towels really help. when you look across the stadium all you see is a sea of green bodies holding green towels waving them over head, it was really kinda cool. even if it isnt 100% white what difference does it make if the stadium is 1/3 green 1/3 white and the rest raiders,? isnt that how it usually is? just silly to make this a scapegoat for nonsensical bickering. #batteredjetssyndrome

I truly don't want to wear my Bart Scott road authentic because, well, I hate Bart Scott but today I went to Sports Authority and Modells looking for a white t-shirt to wear to the game and they didn't have a single one.  Everything's green.

Go to the Jets website, same thing, out of 150 t-shirts I think I saw one marginally white one.

So Rex is asking us to show up in our Yankees jerseys I guess.

SAR I

I truly don't want to wear my Bart Scott road authentic because, well, I hate Bart Scott but today I went to Sports Authority and Modells looking for a white t-shirt to wear to the game and they didn't have a single one.  Everything's green.

Go to the Jets website, same thing, out of 150 t-shirts I think I saw one marginally white one.

So Rex is asking us to show up in our Yankees jerseys I guess.

SAR I

Sports Authority and Modells?  Real Jets fans and people with real jobs shop at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Excuse me?

Those of us who show up cheer very loudly and are extremely passionate.  Not sure what fans you're referring to.

SAR I

Just last week on JI you were talking about how you DON'T cheer and how great it is that you got away from the loud yellers and burpers/farters and whatnot. In your new and improved section you've been waiting for your whole life.

Why do you suck so hard. It's like you're not even trying. The act sucks.

Just give it up or move on.

HH

I will be there as well. Sect. 104. I stand by what i said

attend_zps31125c03.jpg

I respect that sentiment, but you're wrong.  Even in a brutal year, the Jets are #1 in attendance in the AFC, there are 5,000 more fans per Sunday on average than the best seasons in Giants Stadium, and we dwarf the Patriots they'd need a 9th regular season home game just to match us.

Are we the equivalent of Seattle with their tiny upright stadium?  No.  But we've got a 12th man in MetLife.  Always have, always will.

SAR I

Archived