White out on Sunday

Maxman

Context as to how that happened can also be obtained for free, with a whopping 4-word question.

But hey, that would require breaking character, I get it.

I'm not in character and you've been hostile to me since the moment I arrived.

If you'd like to drop the hostility I'll be happy to engage you in conversation.

SAR I

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, the reason the upper deck is so high up and compromised is that they put clubs and suites under it, pushed everything up a few stories.

To me, the steps and the spirals are the same thing, just different blocks of concrete to walk down.

The best part of the design to me is how it's divided into four quarters and one can't cross from one quarter into another in the interior of the stadium.  As you recall, at Giants Stadium when a game ended it was a free-for-all on whatever level you were in to run through the concourses to find the right escalator or spiral down to where your car was.  So you could have 80% of the fans all racing towards a single corner because that's where most of the parking was.  Today, you're segregated in your Verizon or Bud Light slice of the pie and others can't cut through it.  I find it manages the traffic nicely and completely stopped the practice of crashing into each other in the concourses when the final gun sounds.

SAR I

The last 3 years I refused to sit in the upper deck. I either get mezz or lower level if I go. it was a better site view but everything else I explained didnt change. I would never sit in the upper deck there ever again. it is an atrocious game xp, the lower level is a little better than that.

So enough about the stadium. Who is wearing white tomorrow?

Me.  I've got three choices:

10 Pennington road white authentic

57 Scott road white authentic

24 Revis road white Titans

It'll be a last minute decision, but it'll be white.

SAR I

Unfortunately you have been replaced by fans like SAR I.

I don't feel like I've been replaced. I still go to away games and have a ton of fun rooting for the team on Sundays. Woody Johnson just provides a terrible game day experience for people who don't feel like dropping a stack just to head to a game with a family of four. I was not priced out, the experience sucks and so does the stadium. I choose not to go because it's not worth it in my opinion. I'd rather enjoy the games in a much more relaxed fashion and use the money I otherwise would have spent to go see the Jets in places like Lambeau.

Again, I have a relative who does business with the Maras. Upon their first visit to the JerryDome, thye came back to NY and called the architects and designers screaming angrily asking WHAT THE F___ DID WE PAY $1.6 BILLION FOR WHEN HE HAS A HUGE ART MUSEUM AND WE HAVE A SEPTIC TANK?

I believe it, the best market in the world has a blah stadium with nothing special about it.  All these new stadiums being built, even the remodels are nicer.  

I believe it, the best market in the world has a blah stadium with nothing special about it.  All these new stadiums being built, even the remodels are nicer.

Outdone by the likes of Pittsburgh and Indy too. It's pretty nuts. The only good thing I have to say about MetLife is at least it's not St Louis. There isn't a more miserable place to watch a game.

I truly don't want to wear my Bart Scott road authentic because, well, I hate Bart Scott but today I went to Sports Authority and Modells looking for a white t-shirt to wear to the game and they didn't have a single one.  Everything's green.

Go to the Jets website, same thing, out of 150 t-shirts I think I saw one marginally white one.

So Rex is asking us to show up in our Yankees jerseys I guess.

SAR I

I'll be wearing my white George Sauer jersey custom made by NFL.COM

oh yea BTW......Yankees SUCK

How many games have you attended at MetLife Stadium?

SAR I

3 seasons straight from the opening day vs. baltimore, would you like me to send you a photo of my special ticket box the jets sent for year 1…

Again, for the NY / NJ market we should of had a stadium to rival any stadium in the nation, and we don't.  

Again, I have a relative who does business with the Maras. Upon their first visit to the JerryDome, thye came back to NY and called the architects and designers screaming angrily asking WHAT THE F___ DID WE PAY $1.6 BILLION FOR WHEN HE HAS A HUGE ART MUSEUM AND WE HAVE A SEPTIC TANK?

luckily they will build a new stadium in about 15-20 years and can try again.

I have not attended an upper deck but it is up quite higher than the upper deck at Giants Stadium

To me, the steps and the spirals are the same thing, just different blocks of concrete to walk down.

Well, as someone who's sat in the upper deck at almost every game I've been to, there is a big difference with the steps and the spirals. Those steps and the ramps are a f**king joke. It takes about twice as long to get out of there these days than in the old place - and that's even waiting til the end of the game when the place is half empty.

And if something were to happen to cause an evacuation, you'd be looking at a disaster.

3 seasons straight from the opening day vs. baltimore, would you like me to send you a photo of my special ticket box the jets sent for year 1…

Again, for the NY / NJ market we should of had a stadium to rival any stadium in the nation, and we don't.  

Sure we do. 

We have the #1 attendance in the AFC and that's with a lousy team with no star players.  Last time I checked, Citifield looks awesome, it's Ebbetts Field reborn, and the team that's in there blows and they have no fans.

The color of a plastic seat and the brick on a facade never won a football game.

SAR I

Well, as someone who's sat in the upper deck at almost every game I've been to, there is a big difference with the steps and the spirals. Those steps and the ramps are a f**king joke. It takes about twice as long to get out of there these days than in the old place - and that's even waiting til the end of the game when the place is half empty.

And if something were to happen to cause an evacuation, you'd be looking at a disaster.

Didn't realize it was that bad up there, thanks for the clarification.

Have fun at the game today, heading out shortly.

SAR I

luckily they will build a new stadium in about 15-20 years and can try again.

I absolutely hate the new stadium. Even more than I hated the idea of going every Sunday to watch the Jets play at a stadium that had Giants on it. It is so upsetting to me that we had an opportunity to have a real home field advantage for once in our lifetime, and this ugly, dull, boring stadium is what we got.

Didn't realize it was that bad up there, thanks for the clarification.

Have fun at the game today, heading out shortly.

SAR I

Won't be at a game for another month, but I'll be up there again. And I've learned from last year, avoid the seats up along the pillars at the top - on the warmest of days, there's a non stop frigid wing blowing right through the gaps.

You have a good one today, and hope we win.

What is this white out anyways ? An attempt to make people buy more stuff than they need to at overpriced prices.

I guess most JETS fans are smart.

Probably an idea from some 25 yr old marketing asst that doesn't have a clue about the Jets and then OK'd by the Dir of Marketing that doesn't have a clue about the Jets....Gang White

Archived