MAKE IT STOP: re-direct to http://aperture.displaymarketplace.com/

For the past 3-4 days. Every 8-10 click on this site and I get bounced there, and there is no "close" or "skip this ad" options. I have to hit "back" in my browser, and re-navigate to wherever I was trying to go.

Please see what you can do to put an end to this. 

Sorry about that, it has been driving me crazy as well.  Both ad networks we use say it isn't coming from them. I am not going to be around today, so I just took down every ad.  I will figure out what is causing this over the weekend hopefully. But in the meantime, please enjoy an ad free experience for a while.  :)

Seriously -- sorry about this, it was terrible.

For the past 3-4 days. Every 8-10 click on this site and I get bounced there, and there is no "close" or "skip this ad" options. I have to hit "back" in my browser, and re-navigate to wherever I was trying to go.

Please see what you can do to put an end to this. 

Agreed. I thought it was some browser hijack at first.

Really bad marketing experience.

Yep.  Same thingy.  Its stinky poo.

So I checked again with every ad network we use and they all say this is not them.   I googled this thing and it looks like it is malware or a virus.

http://www.cleanpcguide.com/tags/remove-displaymarketplace-com/

Displaymarketplace.com (http://aperture.displaymarketplace.com) is ad-supported domain which has been identified as redirect virus and web browser hijacker due to its rogue and aggressive marketing method on getting Internet traffic. This threat gets onto user’s PC through sneaky trojans, viruses, other malware items, downloading free stuffs like movies and etc. Once installed, Displaymarketplace.com will bombard you with a constantly streaming of pop-up ads. This malware has programmed in a highly sophisticated manner by the cyber criminals hence the normal anti-virus installed in the computer is unable to detect it. It is created for promoting some programs, even rogue programs and other computer threats. Displaymarketplace.com can able to add malicious codes on the registry of the Windows Registry Editor. It stops the users from performing their work by conducting malicious activities in the system. This creepy virus is a silent intruder which gets installed onto Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome without letting you know. It will infiltrates a computer when its user download and install free software shared or provided by unknown person or party. Displaymarketplace.com can hack the web browser, default browser settings might be altered without the computer user’s awareness and consent. This vermin also modifies system DNS settings and redirect web search results to suspicious websites. It can Repeated warning messages that may press computer users to download unsafe applications and files. Remove Displaymarketplace.com immediately before it starts wreaking havoc on the system.

So I checked again with every ad network we use and they all say this is not them.   I googled this thing and it looks like it is malware or a virus.

http://www.cleanpcguide.com/tags/remove-displaymarketplace-com/

Displaymarketplace.com (http://aperture.displaymarketplace.com) is ad-supported domain which has been identified as redirect virus and web browser hijacker due to its rogue and aggressive marketing method on getting Internet traffic. This threat gets onto user’s PC through sneaky trojans, viruses, other malware items, downloading free stuffs like movies and etc. Once installed, Displaymarketplace.com will bombard you with a constantly streaming of pop-up ads. This malware has programmed in a highly sophisticated manner by the cyber criminals hence the normal anti-virus installed in the computer is unable to detect it. It is created for promoting some programs, even rogue programs and other computer threats. Displaymarketplace.com can able to add malicious codes on the registry of the Windows Registry Editor. It stops the users from performing their work by conducting malicious activities in the system. This creepy virus is a silent intruder which gets installed onto Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome without letting you know. It will infiltrates a computer when its user download and install free software shared or provided by unknown person or party. Displaymarketplace.com can hack the web browser, default browser settings might be altered without the computer user’s awareness and consent. This vermin also modifies system DNS settings and redirect web search results to suspicious websites. It can Repeated warning messages that may press computer users to download unsafe applications and files. Remove Displaymarketplace.com immediately before it starts wreaking havoc on the system.

Given that all 3 of us started experiencing it at the same time, and only experience it at JN... it's highly unlikely this is client based

Given that all 3 of us started experiencing it at the same time, and only experience it at JN... it's highly unlikely this is client based

I've only encountered it while using JN. No other sites, but it does happen only in Chrome for me.

I've only encountered it while using JN. No other sites, but it does happen only in Chrome for me.

I read more about this today, everyone is saying it is malware.  Either way, I am leaving the ads down because I will be at the game on Sunday. Here at JetNation revenue isn't first on the list. :)

Seriously we will play around with it again during the week, but the ads will remain off the forums completely until after the game.  We have opening day to talk about, we can't mess around!

Thanks for the patience everyone.

Thanks Phil. Enjoy the game, if I continue to encounter it even with ads down it may be safe to assume it's client side.

We made a few changes and will test things out again. Just be patient with us.  :)  We will get this sorted out.  Thanks.

We made a few changes and will test things out again. Just be patient with us.   :)  We will get this sorted out.  Thanks.

No worries. Just giving you as much info as I can to aid the troubleshooting. The thing I might have failed to mention earlier too was that it only happened on JN.

No worries. Just giving you as much info as I can to aid the troubleshooting. The thing I might have failed to mention earlier too was that it only happened on JN.

I am had the same exact experience. Only happened here for me as well.  Going to add them back in later tonight and do some testing. Please just post in here if you see it again.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that this hasn't happened in weeks, but it has been bothering me (I agree with both of your posts above).  Anyhow I stayed on our main ad network and they eventually confirmed that they did indeed cause this. They apologized. I just wanted to know what caused it because it was bothering me.  Thanks!

I know that this hasn't happened in weeks, but it has been bothering me (I agree with both of your posts above).  Anyhow I stayed on our main ad network and they eventually confirmed that they did indeed cause this. They apologized. I just wanted to know what caused it because it was bothering me.  Thanks!

Good to know, Phil.

Thank you for keeping it on your radar and following up with us. Appreciate it.

Archived