A Dog Thread

RutgersJetFan

My daughter left this little knucklehead with me at 6 mos old before she deployed to Iraq

in 07. She'll never get her back and she knows it.

Ophelia is the silliest animal I've ever run across and gives me more laughs than I'm due every week.

I'm lucky to have her in my life. 

1479462_10202123759008134_9987852_n.jpg?

image.jpg

not embarrassed to admit I love these little buggers.

We adopted a sh*tzu that someone had thrown in a dumpster. The vet said he was "sorta old" when we got him, but he lived for 18 years with us. He was the best dog we've ever had. Best personality, most loyal, and you could tell how much he loved the family in everything he did. I swear that's why he lived so long, he just didn't want to be left out.

Great breed. :)

We adopted a sh*tzu that someone had thrown in a dumpster. The vet said he was "sorta old" when we got him, but he lived for 18 years with us. He was the best dog we've ever had. Best personality, most loyal, and you could tell how much he loved the family in everything he did. I swear that's why he lived so long, he just didn't want to be left out.

Great breed. :)

hope my girls live as long as your little guy, cheers.

This is my 8 year old rescue dog Big Baby- Bubba.  He developed a mass in his bladder and eventually ended up in emergency surgery.  Very scary day for us.  They removed the mass and he is now back to full health.  This is the day we got him back so my kids made him a bed to lay on.   He had to wear that collar so he would not mess with his 14 staples.  He was still on pain meds snoozing nicely at this point.

IMG_20140813_083757_049_zpsab0e9144.jpg

This is my 8 year old rescue dog Big Baby- Bubba.  He developed a mass in his bladder and eventually ended up in emergency surgery.  Very scary day for us.  They removed the mass and he is now back to full health.  This is the day we got him back so my kids made him a bed to lay on.   He had to wear that collar so he would not mess with his 14 staples.  He was still on pain meds snoozing nicely at this point.

My hearts out to you Crush ... you feel helpless. I had to take Ophelia to the vet on an emergency basis this afternoon after she was walking funny, couldn't jump up on anything, and was whimpering in obvious distress.

Looks like (after 3 bills worth of Xrays and pills) it's hopefully soft tissues damage from darting off after "the bunnies". Jebus - what kind of basket case am I going to be when there's really something wrong with her?

Prayers and good thoughts going out for Bubba!

My hearts out to you Crush ... you feel helpless. I had to take Ophelia to the vet on an emergency basis this afternoon after she was walking funny, couldn't jump up on anything, and was whimpering in obvious distress.

Looks like (after 3 bills worth of Xrays and pills) it's hopefully soft tissues damage from darting off after "the bunnies". Jebus - what kind of basket case am I going to be when there's really something wrong with her?

Prayers and good thoughts going out for Bubba!

Hope she is fine. Sure she will be. Bubba is back to full strength. One of my kids will no longer be going to college. But he is fine. LOL

One of my kids will no longer be going to college. But he is fine. LOL

The world needs ditch diggers too .... ain't it the truth tho ... when that pet is hurting there's nothing you won't do or pay. Can't tell anyone what it cost to have Scrub The Eastern Box Turtle in the reptile intensive care unit for 5 days when my daughter was younger ... they'd have me locked up.

My wife was afraid to cancel a boarding place this weekend because she thought it would ruin a business opportunity I may have with the owner... But the guy doesn't let the dogs out between 7pm to 7am ...I told her never to think twice about affecting my business regarding that.. 12 hours is a long time.

Archived