If the Jets were banned from NFL today, what team would you now root for?

SouthernJet

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't do Giants, hatred runs too deep.

Used to like the Raiders as a second team, they were pretty cool back in the day when Davis was sharp and he made the NFL jump through hoops. I could root for Packers and Steelers too if I wanted to stay AFC.

Hate to look like a frontrunner but it would probably be the Seahawks. I was very disappointed when the Jets dumped Pete Carrroll back in the 90's and I lovbe the way the Seahawks play and I love their philosophy of imposing their will on other teams Running the ball down "the big passing attack teams" throats and making their QB's look like crap further solidifies the fact its not just about being a passing league and this follow the leader type crap just got put on its ass in last years SB. RB's will come back to prominace as will the solid defense. Hopefully Seattle is the stepping stone to getting back to what really wins football games. The important ones that is.

Hard to say.

List of who it wouldn't be:

Pats, Fins, Bills (obvious), Raiders, Cowboys, Redskins (although I do support their keeping the name).

At times, I've found myself liking the Lions, Vikings, Chargers and Giants for various reasons.  I'd probably glom onto one of them.  Vikings when Moss was a rookie...man that offense was a thing of beauty.  I think they scored more points that year than the Jets have in the last two years.  Really.

Nobody. I know how it would feel though. My local soccer team pulled out of the League of Ireland and folded a couple of years ago and while I've gone to a bunch of games since, I can't root for any other team.

I still go to games because it's live soccer (beats watching it on tv) but it's nowhere near as much fun when you're neutral every game.

I was always a Chargers fan growing up, loved Lance Alworth, took his # in High School and actually stole his nickname, Bambi.

So for me, I guess I would start following the Chargers...

How about y'all?

I used to like the Colts a lot back when they were in the same division. Used to pull for Jim Harbaugh a lot. If it wasn't for the fact that I lived in the tristate and was just exposed to more Jets games I probably would be a Colts fan. 

Archived