Can the Packers really go 0-2 to start the season?

Villain The Foe

I think we can absolutely beat them.  The Seahawks just gave us the blueprint.  Just play our game, dominate the LOS on both sides of the ball, run it down their throats, and have Geno make a half dozen throws to break their back.  No sweat.

No turnovers and I think we win it going away.

To me the Packers are this year's version of the Falcons. Very talented skill players but terrible offensive and defensive lines. Kyle Wilson on Cobb scares the sh*t out of me but other than that I think we can match up well against them, especially if their oline is hurt even more with Bulaga going down. But lets get this win on Sunday first and then look at the Packers

It's week 1.

It's week 1.

I'm aware what week it is, but you can notice weak lines. There were multiple times last night Marshawn Lynch didn't get touched for 9 yards. The Dline was getting blown off the ball and the Seahawks Oline isn't known for dominating. And the Packers Oline is really banged up, no depth, and they were getting manhandled. It is week 1, but you can't create line depth over time, you either have it or you don't. And for what it's worth, I haven't said it on the blog, but have been saying it to friends of mine that I don't think the Packers are a good team this year because of their lines. Rodgers can always prove me wrong, but remember without Rodgers the Packers were not a good team. One person can only carry a team so far.

Its week 1 and they were on the road at the toughest place to play in the league.  How many times in the past have you seen a week 1 team look completely different the following week?  Happens on the time.  Teams are still getting the rust off and Seattle is a hell of place to do so.  I wouldnt judge the Packers based on that game. 

Home field advantage, 3 extra days to prepare - doesnt look good for the Jets.  That said, the Packers look really soft at the LOS.  Like, mushy as hell and the Jets are going to win the LOS battle a lot this year with an incredible DL and an OL with some nasty guys who love to run block.  And if they're short Lacy and Bulaga are out...well, that definitely helps the Jets because they're the only ones that even looked half way tough last night.

All that said, the Packers will win and the Jets will fall to 0-2 on their way to a win-less season. 

Seriously. How the hell is that dude a safety? Scary Mofo. Did you see when he tried to tackle Lacy? He was squared up, and he met Lacy at the line of scrimmage, and Lacy stood him up, and waltzed around him. I think thats the first time thats happened to Kam 

Yea I seen that. What's crazier is that the hit knocked Lacy out of the game with concussion symptoms. Kam is a vicious hitter. 

The Pack and the Hawks don't look all that scary to me. My friends were quick to point out I was crazy and that the Hawks made our Jets look like doodoo. I beg to differ. Anyway, the only good thing about the Pack is Clay Matthews. Their secondary is laughable. I wanted Ha Ha, but he looks lost out there. No D Line. They can't stop our run. Their offense looks mediocre at best. Jordy Nelson, he looked like Stephen Hill out there. He let the ball sail through his hands. I feel bad for the Discount Double Check guy. Week two, they get dominated. 

The problem with this entire theory is the Seahawks also made Manning and guys like Decker look like crap as well.   If you go by the way Decker played against Seattle, he sucks.  If you go by the way Manning played in the Super Bowl, you would have never thought he had 55 TD passes last season.   But lets ignore that fact.     

They played in Seattle. Seattle rarely loses at home and usually dominates.  And we all know the Packers stink.  Last season they were horrible when Rodgers went down.   But we also know the Jets are 7-17 on the road under Rex the last few years.  They were 2-6 last year and pretty much sucked as a road team.      And the Jets rarely seem to win back to back games under Rex.     So until we go out and think the Jets will go into Green Bay and blow them out,  they need to beat the Raiders first,  and they need to actually become a consistent team who can win on the road.   Because the reality is the Jets have been a terrible road team for three years.   A lot of that has to do with Rex.

Watched the Game last night.

Pack O-line is very Vulnerable.

Rodgers still good.

Lacy may have been concussed...

Balaga looks like a knee injury.

Pack's front 4 is fast and can sack a QB all the time.

Keys to game against pack, keep Rodgers contained in the pocket, get good pressure from front 4, keep Nelson contained, and run to control clock.

This is one of those games that we can win if we control the clock.

LL

Archived