My breakdown of the AFC East

BroadwayJets

Just a breakdown of how I believe the season will play out.

The final standings of the AFC East:

Patriots (13-3)

Jets (10-6)

Dolphins (8-8)

Bills (5-11)

Patriots:

They're good, there's no questioning that. They have upgraded their defense's secondary with the Browner and Mevis additions and while it's clear Brady is declining, they are ready to make their last hurrah of the Brady era. Last season they had issues at the WR position, but even with the inexperience of the wideouts, Brady was not looking too great himself. Brady finished the season with his second lowest completion percentage ever. The few weeks Gronkowski was healthy and playing, were the few weeks he looked his best. The pats will start their season with a healthy Gronkowski, and as long as he's there, the offense will work, and the Pats will have no trouble winning. Unfortunately.

Jets:

The New York Jets will start their season with a chip on their shoulders, until they start the hardest part of their schedule in week 2 against the Packers at Lambeau. They have 2 main concerns as they start the season; the cornerbacks and the wideouts. While it seemed for a short period of time that they figured out the cornerback position in the offseason, with the progression of Dee Milliner, the second year corner out of Alabama, and the rookie third round draft pick Dexter McDougle, they received two blows in the same day. A high ankle sprain for Milliner and an ACL tear for McDougle. The Jets are hoping Milliner can bounce back quick enough for week 2 against the Packers, who are coming off a loss from Seattle. Geno Smith will have to really show his second year development early in the season, as the hardest bulk of the schedule is in the first half of the season. The Jets picked up Michael Vick to mentor Geno in hopes to help him progress. Thus far it's seeming like a good investment after a strong preseason from the young quarterback. If Geno does not progress, it may be another long season for the Jets that might leave their head coach job open for hire. 

Dolphins:

After a pretty disappointing season from the Fins in 2013, the team hopes to jump back with the explosive offense they were expecting to field last year. Their defense has improved slightly this offseason with the addition of Cortland Finnegan to start opposite Brent Grimes at cornerback. They also signed former Lions safety Louis Delmas. Needless to say their secondary is the strong point of their defense. Ryan Tannehill looks to get the offense jumping with their solid receiving core. The addition of Jarvis Landry at wide receiver will probably prove to be a good pick as the fins try to make the postseason. But they will ultimately not, again. Lol. 

Bills:

Kiko Alonso being out for the season basically tells you all you need to know about this Bills team in 2014. Their offense has improved though this year, as they traded up for wide receiver Sammy Watkins, and traded for Mike Williams. They have lost two stars this year, one due to free agency, and one due to injury. The aforementioned Alonso tore his ACL and Jarius Byrd signed with the Saints. It'll be interesting to see how EJ Manuel progresses from his mediocre rookie year. He did miss some time due to injury, but he'll need to be great this season to get this team into the playoffs. 

Pats will win 14 or 15 this year.

How do you see the Jets winning 10 games with their CB and WR situation.

For that to happen, Geno would have to be a top 10 NFL QB.

Personnel wise the Jets offense should be fine.   it's the recent history of suck that worries me.   The CB situation is a total debacle but at some point should improve when milliner gets healthy.   milliner + allen / walls isn't actually that bad.    

The big issue for the Jets is the OL.   if the OL plays well this team has a chance to be pretty good.  

I thought the bills were going to make a move until the alonso injury and then I saw EJ play in the PS.  bills could be 4-10 bad this year

don't know what to make of miami yet, but I think they are a legit team

I think the past will regret the mankins and mullet trade at some point this year. they will be good, but I think the division will be up for grabs in december

Just a breakdown of how I believe the season will play out.

The final standings of the AFC East:

Patriots (13-3)

Jets (10-6)

Dolphins (8-8)

Bills (5-11)

Patriots:

They're good, there's no questioning that. They have upgraded their defense's secondary with the Browner and Mevis additions and while it's clear Brady is declining, they are ready to make their last hurrah of the Brady era. Last season they had issues at the WR position, but even with the inexperience of the wideouts, Brady was not looking too great himself. Brady finished the season with his second lowest completion percentage ever. The few weeks Gronkowski was healthy and playing, were the few weeks he looked his best. The pats will start their season with a healthy Gronkowski, and as long as he's there, the offense will work, and the Pats will have no trouble winning. Unfortunately.

Bradys low completion % had a lot to do with drops by Dobson and Thompkins. The OL let him get sacked way too much @ 40 sacks. Brady lost Woodhead, Welker, Lloyd, Hernandez and basically Gronk for the 2013 season.

If Brady plays bad with the current group of offensive weapons I will agree that he is or has declined.

Bradys low completion % had a lot to do with drops by Dobson and Thompkins. The OL let him get sacked way too much @ 40 sacks. Brady lost Woodhead, Welker, Lloyd, Hernandez and basically Gronk for the 2013 season.

If Brady plays bad with the current group of offensive weapons I will agree that he is or has declined.

and you guys just traded Mankins. Might see more of a decline of that percentage. I know he wasn't worth the money anymore but he wasn't bad, so it'll be interesting. I do like the trade though. Timothy Wright is gonna be good for you guys. 

I honestly believe this is a .500 or below team. Things will get ugly after that rough patch of games early in the season. There will be a lot of in fighting about Geno or Vick after Geno struggles mightily. The defense will keep the Jets in games, but I just don't see Geno taking that next step. I just don't think he has the goods. I hope I'm wrong.

I honestly believe this is a .500 or below team. Things will get ugly after that rough patch of games early in the season. There will be a lot of in fighting about Geno or Vick after Geno struggles mightily. The defense will keep the Jets in games, but I just don't see Geno taking that next step. I just don't think he has the goods. I hope I'm wrong.

We may be versing some tough teams early but we're not versing a good defense until we play the broncos in week 6. Geno shouldn't struggle unless he's not progressing the way we all hoped.

Personnel wise the Jets offense should be fine.   it's the recent history of suck that worries me.   The CB situation is a total debacle but at some point should improve when milliner gets healthy.   milliner + allen / walls isn't actually that bad.    

The big issue for the Jets is the OL.   if the OL plays well this team has a chance to be pretty good.

Hopefully we're only worrying a out one game without Milliner.

We may be versing some tough teams early but we're not versing a good defense until we play the broncos in week 6. Geno shouldn't struggle unless he's not progressing the way we all hoped.

Versing? Really?

And sure, we may not be going against great defenses but our QB is a huge question mark and our defense has a lot to prove.

Archived