Geno Smith...

ARodJetsFan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's not exactly a ringing endorsement saying that Geno will make the pro-bowl before he dies.

I'm just sayin'.......

Yiy coukd have one of those Pennington/Herman Edards Pro Bowl appearances when the 5 guys better than him beg off.

Completed 70% of his passes this pre-season.

ESPN New York describes Geno Smith as "more assertive" this summer.
"It's gotten away from me telling him exactly what to do," were the words of C Nick Mangold. "It's a two-way discussion." Per reporter Rich Cimini, Smith "acts like a starter now." Smith certainly looked more assertive on the preseason field, completing 23-of-33 passes for 268 yards (69.7% completion) (8.12 YPA), one touchdown and one interception - he also had 1 rushing TD. He dropped dimes into tight coverage. Smith flashed as a rookie, but consistency eluded him. He has the talent to take a big step forward this season. Aug 28 - 3:22 PM

That is all.

He was a rookie last year, it should be a given that he's more assertive. Every 2nd year player should be more assertive from their first year ESPN.  

What I do like to hear is the talk about Geno's consistency. People talk about Idzik and our CB situation, little do they see that he may just have gotten us a legit franchise QB, not simply by picking him up as soon as he could either. He took Sheldon Richardson instead and stood by and picked him up an entire round later. 

I think my next custom Jets jersey will say Idzik on the back. 

Im a long term planner. I invested my savings in home food preservative adult education courses at the local community center. My pickled beet eggs and homemade prosciutto will be worth more than PSL's or any fiat currency when ebola ravages the unprepared. There will be no room for Bitcoins when I run Barter Town.

But do you have guns to protect your Barter Town?  If not it won't be yours for long!

Agreed, he's also going through his progressions much quicker and has a much better command of the huddle.

Still feel he is a little shy to pull the trigger on deep balls that aren't WIDE open, and checks down a little to much, but that is better than the alternative, and hopefully he slowly starts to trust his deep ball in those circumstances as he gets more comfortable.

I'm perfectly happy to give Geno Smith the benefit of the doubt for last years horrorshow of QB play.

But I'm decidedly in the "show me" stage with him.

I want to see it, on the field, consistently, before I start "believing in" or "having faith in" Smith as a legit NFL QB.

I sure hope he proves my cynicism and natural doubts wrong.

I'm perfectly happy to give Geno Smith the benefit of the doubt for last years horrorshow of QB play.

But I'm decidedly in the "show me" stage with him.

I want to see it, on the field, consistently, before I start "believing in" or "having faith in" Smith as a legit NFL QB.

I sure hope he proves my cynicism and natural doubts wrong.

Word is that the Jets brass are legitimately high on Geno Smith.  

I can see why.  The truth is he was surrounded by trash last year and took a beating behind a bad pass blocking OL.  Don't forget he was still learning the offense during the season (WVU's system is much different) while trying to figure out what opposing defenses were doing.

Still feel he is a little shy to pull the trigger on deep balls that aren't WIDE open, and checks down a little to much, but that is better than the alternative, and hopefully he slowly starts to trust his deep ball in those circumstances as he gets more comfortable.

Indeed.

I'm perfectly happy to give Geno Smith the benefit of the doubt for last years horrorshow of QB play.But I'm decidedly in the "show me" stage with him.I want to see it, on the field, consistently, before I start "believing in" or "having faith in" Smith as a legit NFL QB.I sure hope he proves my cynicism and natural doubts wrong.

We've been waiting long enough, we deserve it

Yeah, and I'm pretty okay with it for now. He was a lot better last year when he started running with the football. All of a sudden, rather than an incompletion (or interception) he was getting positive yards on the ground. It really made all the difference. He really has to limit turnovers. He had a good stat line this summer sitting back and taking what the defense was giving. If the Jets are running the ball well, and playing good defense, that should be enough.

He has a nice deep ball, and the coaches do want him to throw it. I think part of the hesitation on his part is a lack of faith in the receiver running that deep route. Once he has confidence in his receivers, he'll be more comfortable.

Smith could improve dramatically from last year. But could still suck because he was so awful. There is a lot of happytalk here off not much data to go on  in the preseason. May be he does get it and the offense starts to make TDs at a decent pace. Remains to be seen.

I know people like to harp of Geno's performance against the Giants. But it was how he played in the first pre-season game that was telling in how far he has come from last season.

Last season Geno turns the ball over in the kind of pressure he faced against the Colts. His outing though not impressive stat wise was very impressive in the fact that he protected the ball without taking any sacks or unnecessary grounding penalties. I see the distinct possibility of Geno turning it around on the turnover ratio which in itself would be a HUGE step from last season.

I think Geno is going to be decent this year. I expect him to play well enough against bad teams, that along with our running game and defense, we will win easy.

I think against tougher defenses, or games where he needs to say shoot it out with Manning, he will come up short. I think we have a good enough team and coach around him, that all we need to see from him is game manager this year, with the potential moving forward to be more than that.

And I think that is exactly what we will get.

Geno is good not great the problem is when we have to score 30 how can we when we can't score against the raiders .

Raiders d is not the worse d. I think Green Bay has a worse d that the raiders. I think we will score more against Green Bay but they will also score more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived